Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any '11 GT people who didn't opt for the Brembo package?

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/10, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
If I didn't like the look of the wheels, or if I had aftermarket ones in mind...I might not have gone for it but something about the offset of the wheels that the S197 runs, its really rare for me to find a wheel I like. Also..I don't plan on modding this car much. I can appreciate how hard some of you guys tune your machines but I'm a fan of stock... with maybe intake/exhaust/tune only mods. So until the shocks are worn out, I'll at least have some relatively high performance suspension goodies.
Pretty much how I felt right there. For some reason I can't find aftermarket wheels that I really like, or justify spending over $1000 like a lot of people do. So by spending a little bit more, getting wheels I like, sweet brakes, a few other upgrades, makes me feel a little better about the situation.
Old 6/3/10, 09:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by csledd
Pretty much how I felt right there. For some reason I can't find aftermarket wheels that I really like, or justify spending over $1000 like a lot of people do. So by spending a little bit more, getting wheels I like, sweet brakes, a few other upgrades, makes me feel a little better about the situation.
Perfect rationalization. We think alike.

It's kind of a shame about the wheels on these cars. I think a lot of the modded cars on this forum look spectacular...just aside from the wheels. They're just too "shallow" in most cases and you can tell when they fake it with design cues. There are some exceptions- The GT500 Wheels are almost always gorgeous..but expensive and don't belong on a GT, IMO...and the 2008 Bullitt wheels do it for me...but dont belong on a 2010, also just IMO.

The Brembo package wheels are shallow...but the design looks right to my eye.
Old 6/3/10, 09:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just drove the Brembo pkg car yesterday, it felt quite a bit different all around than the standard GT did. The suspension is certainly tighter, the steering feels much more like a hydraulic unit. I didn't get to hammer on the brakes but they didn't feel any different really in the situations I was in. Still, hard to "justify" but it is certainly the "enthusiasts" package. I think all GT's are for enthusiasts since they perform so well. I felt like if you want a car that handles great, has Maserati like performance and feel, then the GT w/out Brembo pkg is for you! The Brembo pkg is an all around package that makes the car "feel" more performance oriented. It certainly finds the imperfections in the road, the regular GT didn't, it was more smooth. Personal opinion.

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Perfect rationalization. We think alike.

It's kind of a shame about the wheels on these cars. I think a lot of the modded cars on this forum look spectacular...just aside from the wheels. They're just too "shallow" in most cases and you can tell when they fake it with design cues. There are some exceptions- The GT500 Wheels are almost always gorgeous..but expensive and don't belong on a GT, IMO...and the 2008 Bullitt wheels do it for me...but dont belong on a 2010, also just IMO.

The Brembo package wheels are shallow...but the design looks right to my eye.
Not sure what you mean by shallow here, the wheels are 9 inches wide. It is hard to pull off a proper deep dish wheel in these cars if that's what you are refering to.