2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5.0 How's the snow?

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/11, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to make this clear -- I "drive" my cars, the least driven car in my posession still gets 15-25,000 miles put on a year.

It just so happens I don't own just a car -- I own a motor pool.
Old 2/2/11, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
If a cars a car...why arn't you driving a 1991 honda civic?
Maybe he does in summer jk but a welled tuned civic is still just a car unless you have the I heart JDM go fast stickers on them..
I want as much seat time in my GT as i can get yet i still find myself in the truck when the roads are Icky with wet sloppy salt/slush. They make new ones every year and some are more liked than others but you cant save them all. There are a few things i know i will not be thinking of when i leave this world and two come to mind real quick 1) is i wont think "Gee i wish i would have worked more overtime at work" and 2)is "I am glad my widow will be able to sell my like new Mustang" ... LOL i am trying to lighten things up we all have our reasons and they are all great reasons the main thing is we seem to agree a Mustang is worth buying to drive or use as a art form to grab a cup of coffee and just look at it in the garage !!
either or both are good
Old 2/2/11, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Indeed. Foot of snow in Michigan now, the stang is in the garage for the rest of the week lol.

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
A car is a car, it's suppose to be driven. I drive mine with stock P's in snow, nfp. I just take it easy. When it's really bad, I cab it.
Old 2/2/11, 02:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by essque
Indeed. Foot of snow in Michigan now, the stang is in the garage for the rest of the week lol.
+1. No need to get crazy on summer tires.
Old 2/2/11, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well a car may be a car, but i have the luxury of leaving it parked in a heated garage for a good 4 months or until spring shows up and that they have cleaned up the roads and streets . My wife has a 4x4 SUV and i drive the cie truck.
Old 2/2/11, 09:01 PM
GT Member

My experience is more than 1.5M driving miles in New England.

More than half my vehicles have been nicer than my 2011 GT Mustang.

My history is keep a vehicle for ~4 years and 120K year-round miles.

Every one of my vehicles looks new throughout and at the end-of-service because of my care.

The best way to keep a snow-belt vehicle looking / staying nice is to wash the vehicle prior to or during an extended WAY sub-freezing stint. I would wash w/ full-hot and pull into my heated garage to dry off. The extreme cold temperatures keeps the crud frozen and off the vehicle.

The very best way to protect a snow-belt vehicle is to fully cover w/ an invisible bra. The invisible bra is okay, but everything gets sandblasted that isn't covered. The nose protection is okay, but only the paint underneath stays new.

The really nice vehicles have all panels covered. That is way better!

Waiting 'till no snow isn't an option to keep it new 'cause most roads aren't swept, not swept 'till July, only swept once to change from a beach to a beach entrance. They still get sandblasted.

For those in the snow-belt, either drive / enjoy your ride, using four snow-only tires, or park / enjoy your ride, to only sandblast the paint during the summer.

Last edited by wingless; 2/2/11 at 09:03 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wingless
For those in the snow-belt, either drive / enjoy your ride, using four snow-only tires, or park / enjoy your ride, to only sandblast the paint during the summer.
Around here there's so much salt on the roads it gets sandblasted all year around anyways.

I'd rather have the salt and sand sandblast the $25,000 car not the $45,000 car.