Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/14, 08:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
It's probably posted here but when did the shutdown occur? From what week to what week?
Plant closed on 03/21 (day before I ordered) and reopens on Monday, 04/14.
Old 4/11/14, 09:08 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
****. Oh well at least I have an order number.
Old 4/11/14, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

****. Oh well at least I have an order number.
Hey man, we're all in this together. Join the vocal few in demanding immediate pics of those that get their cars and share in their excitement. Will just make your turn that much sweeter.
Old 4/11/14, 10:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

I've been watching every YouTube video I can find. My wife is ready to go nuts with alll the Mustang talk. It's almost going to be unreal when I finally get to ride off from the dealer.
Old 4/11/14, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've been watching every YouTube video I can find. My wife is ready to go nuts with alll the Mustang talk. It's almost going to be unreal when I finally get to ride off from the dealer.
Ditto all of the above...though it was actually my wife that wanted me to stop talking about maybe getting one someday every time I saw one, and setting up a meeting through a coworker/friend with the sales manager at the dealer. So she's got nothing to say. She got her wish, I don't talk about someday anymore.
Old 4/11/14, 12:10 PM

lol, I had the same thing. "You looking at mustang pictures again!!!". Yeeeep.

Collect mine in 2 hours. .
Old 4/11/14, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I don't think the dealers themselves are aware of stuff like maintenance shutdowns and they just go off whatever past experience tells them. My dealers eta was much shorter than the website as well.
I stopped in the dealership and talked to the sales guy who ordered my car. He said he gets a daily status report on all cars on order direct from Ford with this info, and he gave me a printout from his latest report confirming the ETA in April.

I showed him the website, and he said he wasn't familiar with it but that there was probably some extra buffer time built in there or variables not being accounted for. He says he has been doing special orders for 30 years and relies on his daily reports from Ford and assured me that it was more accurate than any other source.

In the end, we decided that while the actual status of the car appears to be accurate, the final delivery ETA is likely not accurate on the website cited above (at least not for my car). I hope he's correct!

He also pointed out that because of the proximity of his dealership to Flat Rock that the car would probably be loaded directly onto a truck instead of going rail, and when the go rail they can get held up in rail yards etc.

So, there are a lot of variables but based on my experience I'd say talk to the salesperson who actually does the special orders and ask for the daily status report; this is not necessarily the person who sold you the car.

Good luck! The wait is excruciating!
Old 4/11/14, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lancemb
Holy smokes! I punched my Vin into this site and all my info info came up, but the eta is a month later than the printout my dealer have me! I sure hope my dealer's info is correct. I wonder if this is a source of some of the inconsistency regarding the lead times expected on this thread?
The most accurate info is going to come from Deysha, she works for Ford so I would go by what she says. Plus it's better to interact with a person over a computer program......and she is nicer!
Old 4/11/14, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Hey man, we're all in this together. Join the vocal few in demanding immediate pics of those that get their cars and share in their excitement. Will just make your turn that much sweeter.
Old 4/11/14, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I just ordered a New 2014 Mustang GT Premium. The dealer said there was still time to order so I did.

I worked out all the cost and rebates and signed to order. Dealer put it in the Ford order system yesterday and gave me the order number.

Today they texted me the order is in the system and been accepted/submitted? I also asked the sales manager if they had allocation and he told me they did?

Hoping fort the best.. Why was the plant closed for 3 weeks?

Last edited by Jazzman442; 4/13/14 at 09:47 PM.
Old 4/11/14, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Slizzime
The most accurate info is going to come from Deysha, she works for Ford so I would go by what she says. Plus it's better to interact with a person over a computer program......and she is nicer!
I still am waiting to hear back from Deysha! I hope I will soon and will be able to confirm (or improve upon) the ETA my dealer gave me!
Old 4/11/14, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I just ordered a New 2014 Mustang GT Premium. The dealer said there was still time to order so I did.

I worked out all the cost and rebates and signed to order. Dealer put it in the Ford order system yesterday and gave me the order number.

Today they texted me the order is in the system and been accepted/submitted? I also asked the sales manager if they had allocation and he told me they did?

Hoping fort he best.. Why was the plant closed for 3 weeks?
Congratulations and welcome!
Old 4/11/14, 08:02 PM

Yey I got it. . Although it is only a v6 I love it. Has the nerdy features I like along with enough kick to keep me going. Anyway, here are some pictures.

It is worth the wait .
Old 4/11/14, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lancemb
I stopped in the dealership and talked to the sales guy who ordered my car. He said he gets a daily status report on all cars on order direct from Ford with this info, and he gave me a printout from his latest report confirming the ETA in April.

I showed him the website, and he said he wasn't familiar with it but that there was probably some extra buffer time built in there or variables not being accounted for. He says he has been doing special orders for 30 years and relies on his daily reports from Ford and assured me that it was more accurate than any other source.

In the end, we decided that while the actual status of the car appears to be accurate, the final delivery ETA is likely not accurate on the website cited above (at least not for my car). I hope he's correct!

He also pointed out that because of the proximity of his dealership to Flat Rock that the car would probably be loaded directly onto a truck instead of going rail, and when the go rail they can get held up in rail yards etc.

So, there are a lot of variables but based on my experience I'd say talk to the salesperson who actually does the special orders and ask for the daily status report; this is not necessarily the person who sold you the car.

Good luck! The wait is excruciating!
That's so funny to me Deysha informed me my car was loaded on the train headed to Texas while the dealerships "daily report" stated its not even built and had a ETA of5/29. Took delivery on 4/4 not sure how ford does it but the Toyota tundra made her in San Antonio gets railed to Houston then trucked back to San Antonio
Old 4/11/14, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Bob554234;6786893]Yey I got it. . Although it is only a v6 I love it. Looking good my MCA brother.
Old 4/11/14, 10:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob554234
Yey I got it. . Although it is only a v6 I love it. Has the nerdy features I like along with enough kick to keep me going. Anyway, here are some pictures.

It is worth the wait .
Great looking car. I have a 2006 V6 pony packed mustang. I love it and the kids can drive it. It will beat allot of cars on the road. It truly is a sleeper. Enjoy.
Old 4/12/14, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

It is worth the wait .
Congratulations! !!! The car looks great!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and enjoy
Old 4/12/14, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

It is worth the wait .
Gorgeous car bro! And I wouldn't say "only" a V6... Not long ago the Gt made the same power! Enjoy it!
Old 4/12/14, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Toad 185
That's so funny to me Deysha informed me my car was loaded on the train headed to Texas while the dealerships "daily report" stated its not even built and had a ETA of5/29. Took delivery on 4/4 not sure how ford does it but the Toyota tundra made her in San Antonio gets railed to Houston then trucked back to San Antonio
In my case I was dealing directly with the sales manager. He quoted me 4-6 weeks from then, it was only when I got home that I found out about the shutddown, and that the ETA he gave me wasn't even possible. He gave me my Vin a few days later, and by then I found the website and this thread. Deysha told me to expect a window sticker around the end of the month, which would put delivery pretty close to what the website says, maybe slightly later.

That said, I can definitely understand why the website would be completely out to lunch if you can **** near see the factory from your house, it can't skip the steps ( like rail) that they may skip when the car has such a short trip.
Old 4/12/14, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442

Hoping fort he best.. Why was the plant closed for 3 weeks?
Congrats on the order and welcome to the Waiting Room.

It was a maintenance and retooling shutdown as I understand it.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread