2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/12, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess if you decide to keep the car you can have the dealer take a grand or two off the price and make sure its written down about the mileage. The funny thing is if you were to bring a new car into the dealer with that kind of miles they may say its a used car not new. Terrible thing to happen I hope it works out for you.
Old 7/2/12, 05:59 PM

Already a X-plan customer, Ford doesn't seem willing to help other than to order a new car and play the waiting game again.. Think I will go elsewhere and switch brands..
Old 7/2/12, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Okbeartoy
Already a X-plan customer, Ford doesn't seem willing to help other than to order a new car and play the waiting game again.. Think I will go elsewhere and switch brands..
Shocked at that. Do what you feel is right for you. A shame because I myself don't have a high opinion of whats out there competing with the Mustang. How much time do they say for another new one?

Last edited by GreenCars; 7/2/12 at 06:06 PM.
Old 7/2/12, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

glad people getting cars and for those who are waiting, enjoy this dyno vid of my car!

http://youtu.be/2yzuXHqs4WU
Old 7/2/12, 07:11 PM

6-8 weeks and I have already been waiting since March....... And no assurance that the same thing won't happen again.. Ford seems to have some issues getting cars from the factories to the customers these days.. Guess that is what happens when you hire the lowest bidder.
Old 7/2/12, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

6-8 weeks and I have already been waiting since March....... And no assurance that the same thing won't happen again.. Ford seems to have some issues getting cars from the factories to the customers these days.. Guess that is what happens when you hire the lowest bidder.

Wow not something you want to hear when waiting on a car that your paying over around, close or over 30K on..
Old 7/2/12, 10:20 PM

Wow! I can only imagine your frustration OKbeartoy... It's one thing to have a factory QA sticker with a set number of miles but for that to get doubled before it gets to you with no explanation on a special ordered car... I wouldn't accept it either... especially after waiting since March.

That said, why not go ahead and let them reorder with their best priority code and see if they can somehow get it schedule in the next couple of weeks. It would at least get the process started while you weigh your other options and you see how fast it gets a VIN/build date. If it's not fast enough, cancel the order and go with your plan 'B'.

In any case, I'm sorry to hear your story and good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 7/3/12, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, hoping to hear from Ford here as well as having called directly to Dearborn.

I look at it this way, either I get what I want or they don't get my money..

This was to be my third Mustang, 07 GT/CS & 08 GT500, along with many many other Ford cars and trucks, do I stay a Ford Customer... The ball is in Ford's court.
Old 7/3/12, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just called Ford Customer Service and originally they told me my car would be in tomorrow two weeks after build. Now today they are telling me July 12th.. WTF is going on!! I am not a happy camper.. Hopefully Deysha can shed some light but not sure whe is even working this week.
Old 7/3/12, 06:52 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Thank You Deysha, Yes I am hoping it gets there soon. So I am hoping for today or tomorrow.. Again hoping does not make it happen unfortunately. But you have been great during this process!!
I asked about this sort of thing with Ford Customer service on the phone. I asked if QA puts extra miles on the car. (they pick 1 out of 50 for QA) I was told when they hold for QA they do not put extra miles on it.
I just called Ford Customer Service and originally they told me my car would be in tomorrow two weeks after build. Now today they are telling me July 12th.. WTF is going on!! I am not a happy camper.. Hopefully Deysha can shed some light but not sure whe is even working this week.
Well, it’s getting close. The new ETA is 7/12/12, GreenCars. I’ll send you more info in a little while. Also, if the plant picks the vehicle for a random quality check, it’ll have a note in the vehicle of how many miles they put on at the plant, as Okbeartoy mentioned.

Originally Posted by Skidder18
Hi Deysha, is there anything different to report in my '13 Mustang V6?
Thanks
Sent you a PM too.
Yes, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
does that mean there is no scheduling this week
I’m not sure, but I checked on yours and it won’t schedule this week either.

Hope you guys fair better than I, vehicle was delivered to the dealership on Sunday when no one was around. When they inspected the car they found it to have been driven at the factory for 34 miles then someone, who is anyone's guess, drove the car until it reached 73 miles when they tried to deliver it to me.
I have waited a very long time for this vehicle to be delivered and am now refusing delivery and Ford indicates they will replace the car. Not sure I want to wait an additional three months to get another one.. Talk about disappointment!
Oh man! Sorry to hear that, Okbeartoy! Speak to your dealer about re-ordering with a high priority. They can speak to their Regional Rep to see if this is possible.

Deysha
Old 7/3/12, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Deysha, I hope there was some mistake and its not so. But at this point what can I do. I have searched dealers inventory but no one has the car setup like I want (

Last edited by GreenCars; 7/3/12 at 07:08 AM.
Old 7/3/12, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

Hi Deysha, sent a pm yesterday. any update?
thanks
Old 7/3/12, 08:13 AM
V6 Member

Just saw some great news for anyone waiting on their order in Illinois. Rebate was just bumped up to $1000.00. At least something good coming from this wait!

Old 7/3/12, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah nebraska just bumped from $500 to $1000
Old 7/3/12, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

Thank you Deysha! You`re the best !
Old 7/3/12, 11:42 AM

Oh man! Sorry to hear that, Okbeartoy! Speak to your dealer about re-ordering with a high priority. They can speak to their Regional Rep to see if this is possible.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

The Regional Rep and Zone Manager are aware of the problem. I am just not willing to wait multiple months for a car that may or may not be "used" when it arrives. I really want to know what happended with the car that was delivered, who/what/when used this vehicle while it was in the "transportation loop" from the factory? Seeing as I can't even get a call from the dealerships Rep I don't see me waiting for another car to be delivered. I have already waited MONTHS, not willing to do that again.

Patrick (AKA Okbeartoy)

Last edited by Okbeartoy; 7/3/12 at 01:24 PM. Reason: bad spelling.. LOL
Old 7/3/12, 02:20 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Deysha, I hope there was some mistake and its not so. But at this point what can I do. I have searched dealers inventory but no one has the car setup like I want (
It’s ok! I sent you an update.

Originally Posted by gtprem
Hi Deysha, sent a pm yesterday. any update?
thanks
I sent you a response earlier.

Originally Posted by 2013impactGT
Just saw some great news for anyone waiting on their order in Illinois. Rebate was just bumped up to $1000.00. At least something good coming from this wait!
Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
yeah nebraska just bumped from $500 to $1000
Very nice!!

Originally Posted by Skidder18
Thank you Deysha! You`re the best !
Awwwe! Thanks, Skidder18!

The Regional Rep and Zone Manager are aware of the problem. I am just not willing to wait multiple months for a car that may or may not be "used" when it arrives.
I understand, Okbeartoy. I sent you a response to your PM earlier.

Deysha
Old 7/3/12, 07:23 PM

Mine got delayed a week also, today was not a good day for ETAs. I've been through this before, and things happen, like "environmental damage" to the paint, etc. Hope it gets delivered on schedule, I expect a new vehicle delivered with no issues.

Last edited by Gone Galt; 7/3/12 at 07:25 PM.
Old 7/3/12, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
My DORA says "HOLD SHELBY ON HOLD" at the bottom. Does that qualify for the $1000 wait rebate?
Old 7/3/12, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Hey there!

What dealer are you using in Illinois? My dealer in IL refuses to increase to 1000 while I wait for Ford to start to build the car.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread