2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/12 | 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Unfortunately the plastic radiator cover arrived cracked in 4 places!

My dealer has already ordered a replacement that will arrive in 2-3 days. Looks like QC dropped the ball on this one!!

Name:  IMG_0585.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  135.4 KB

Last edited by pa93cobra; 5/2/12 at 06:15 AM.
Old 5/1/12 | 06:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
The Boss 302 has finally arrived!!!!
**** YOU PICS, WHY WONT YOU LOAD???
Old 5/1/12 | 06:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My dealer has already ordered a replacement that will arrive in 2-3 days. Looks like QC dropped the ball on this one!!
WTF?!?!?
Old 5/1/12 | 06:18 PM

Absolutely Gorgeous Car! I'm sure they will get it straight for you! Congrats!
Old 5/1/12 | 07:52 PM
GT Member

Yikes! I'm sure this is a rare occurrence, and I feel for you. No doubt they will make this right, my dealer always does and throws in discounts and freebees when stuff like this happens.

Sent a PM to Deysha, hoping for some update on my order. I spoke with the dealer about making a minor tweak to my options yesterday and they said it was too late at this point, which is fine. Maybe it means build is sooner than I thought it would be? It apparently has a VIN but I couldn't get any other info today.
Old 5/1/12 | 08:08 PM
V6 Member

Just got an update from Deysha. My ETA was moved up over a week again. That will put me over 8 weeks. How do some who ordered a week before me already have had theirs for a week now? I know ETAs change but it still sucks to keep getting delays. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the update Deysha. It makes it a lot better to actually know something.

Last edited by cweese; 5/1/12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 5/1/12 | 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Woohoo, congrats 93cobra!!!!!! Mine should be here tomorrow too. So how does it drive? Good as everyone says?
Old 5/1/12 | 08:42 PM
GT Member

oh man, Nice choice. GHIG looks great on a Boss.
Old 5/1/12 | 08:52 PM

Oh wow... that Boss is a sexy beast... congrats!
Old 5/1/12 | 08:55 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=pa93cobra;6334336]Unfortunately the plastic radiator cover arrived cracked in 4 places!

****, sorry to hear that - car is gorgeous though!

Thanks for posting that. If/when my car arrives, that'll be something that I check for sure.
Old 5/1/12 | 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Man that is nice...good eye on the cover!!
Old 5/2/12 | 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Woohoo, congrats 93cobra!!!!!! Mine should be here tomorrow too. So how does it drive? Good as everyone says?
It drives great!! I love the low end torque this thing puts out!! The Recaro seats are actually pretty darn comfortable.

You will love it and it was definitely worth the wait!!
Old 5/2/12 | 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fgibbs
Man that is nice...good eye on the cover!!
I would absolutely suggest that everyone picking up a new 2013 that they ordered give it a very thorough inspection. The ones arriving at the dealerships are the early builds and from some reason QC seems to release more with defects than later in the MY.
Old 5/2/12 | 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Scott, the car looks SICK dude!!! VERY VERY AWESOME!!! !!!
Old 5/2/12 | 08:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by zenkix
Thank you, Deysha! "Build by May-14-2012"...I'm assuming that means my car will be built the week of May 7th and I can expect a window sticker to pop-up this week.
I sure hope I'm right!
You're welcome, zenkix. This means that your vehicle will build by May-14-2012 and the window sticker should come up around the 10th. Please do remember, dates are subject to change.

Originally Posted by dustinm1
Hello Deysha,
I sent you a pm with my order info. The dealer doesnt have any updates so was hoping you would.
Thanks...
Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Deysha, Thanks for the update. Got my Vin # today. Build date sometime the week of the 14th. Ordered on 4/23.
Originally Posted by Cobrakev
How long after getting the VIN# can you see the window sticker?
Originally Posted by fatboy
Hello Deysha and TMS Members .. new member of the site and soon to be first time mustang owner. Just ordered(4/20/12) a 2013 GT/CS Convertible. I was wondering if you could find any information about our order. My dealer is Bergey's Ford , Ambler PA 19002 (F16037) and I have an order # J66D. I don’t know if this is enough info for you or not .. Thank you very much for trying
Originally Posted by rudeboie
Hi Deysha,
I sent a PM to you a couple of days ago. Thanks so much.
Originally Posted by Roushfan
Ok, I have been tracking this thread for a while now. Placed my order for a 2013 DIB GT Premium w/ Track Pack back in March. Sent the info in a PM to Deysha and hopefully can get some info soon. A big thank you to all of you who have been posting updates thus far including what info I needed to get for Deysha. Obviously a big thanks to Deysha as well for the wonderful service provided.
Originally Posted by Chris4Kiss
Thank You, Deysha! I'm sure you are quite the busy one!
Originally Posted by SuperHerb
Hopefully my PM to Deysha will result in additional info to tide me over for a bit.
Originally Posted by siddhu2000
Hi Deysha,
Can you please give me any info on my order?
Order number is #3089, dealer number is # F13154 ( Fette Ford, NJ ).
Originally Posted by outtaphase
Sent a PM to Deysha, hoping for some update on my order.
Ok, my awesome people! Please check your inboxes!

Originally Posted by Zathu
Surprise indeed! It's going to be a long day waiting to get out of work tomorrow to pick it up. Thanks again for all your updates Deysha!
I walked by and took a quick couple of shots:
Originally Posted by wanted33
Update: Just received a call from the dealership. Thw Wifey's car was delivered approx. an hour ago. It will be ready for pick-up tomorrow. Pics to follow. Thanks to all that waited with me. And a special thanks to Deysha for keeping me in the loop.
Originally Posted by shelby82
Thank you Deysha for your update.
Highly appreciate to get that additional info.
Originally Posted by 13 Ingot CS
Still at the factory. Son of a ...
Thanks Deysha for keeping the dream alive!
Thank you, guys for all the love and patience going around!!

Originally Posted by G8toGT
Ford Customer Service told me to contact my dealer for more info, my dealer tells me to contact Ford. FCS had my case "escalated" to the Ford Regional Rep - and he told me to call my dealer! Sheesh. I'd be happy just knowing a scheduled ship date from Flat Rock, never mind the ETA to my dealer.
The ETA is no longer showing because your dealer reported the vehicle sold already, G8toGT. It was put out to await shipment on Apr-20-2012, this does look normal and I think it should ship out pretty soon.

Sweeeeet ride, pa93cobra!! I love that GHIG!!! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by cweese
Just got an update from Deysha. My ETA was moved up over a week again. That will put me over 8 weeks. How do some who ordered a week before me already have had theirs for a week now? I know ETAs change but it still sucks to keep getting delays. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Thanks for the update Deysha. It makes it a lot better to actually know something.
You're welcome, cweese. The orders are scheduled based the following criteria:
-the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date
The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. I hope this helps break it down.

Deysha
Old 5/2/12 | 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Scott, the car looks SICK dude!!! VERY VERY AWESOME!!! !!!
Thanks Jeff!!!
Old 5/2/12 | 08:52 AM

Deysha,

I sent you a PM for a up-date............thanks a bunch........ron
Old 5/2/12 | 08:55 AM
GT Member

This is awesome! Thanks for the update on the Vin and Build dates Deysha!

Last edited by outtaphase; 5/2/12 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 5/2/12 | 09:06 AM

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the world of Mustangs and, of course, new to this forum. I placed an order for my first Mustang last Thursday, April 26. I ordered a V6 Premium Convertible with the "Mustang Club of America Edition" Package (Group 203A), Automatic Trans in Candy Red. I say that realizing that quite a few folks on here seem to no think that highly of either the V6 or the Automatic Transmission options.

Before ordering, I test drove both the Mustang and the Camaro, both with V6, both with the automatic. I had read and heard about the dollars and effort that GM put into making the Camaro "better" than the Mustang, knowing that would be their primary competition. The Camaro has more horsepower, but more weight, four-wheel independent suspension, etc. When I took the Camaro for a test drive, I expected to be "blown away" by it. I just wasn't. The car felt "heavy". The throttle wasn't as responsive as I expected, the seat wasn't comfortable, the dash layout wasn't easy to use, the arm rests were too low. I did like the "heads-up" display for the speedometer; that was cool. I also like the exterior styling, though not necessarily better than the Mustang's.

A few days later I test drove the Mustang. The 'Stang fit like a glove. The seat, the armrests, the dash layout, the steering wheel - everything felt like it was made for me. In addition, the throttle seemed much more responsive, especially off the line and at lower speeds than the Camaro. I will say that both cars seemed very quiet for convertibles. (I currently own an '02 Chrysler Sebring Convert. and it is NOISY.)

I was not given an expected delivery date, though my dealer said they expected six to eight weeks. Is that about what everyone else is experiencing? How soon after I order could I get an actual expected date from the dealer?

Thank you, in advance, for your replies.
Old 5/2/12 | 09:14 AM
GT Member

The ETA is no longer showing because your dealer reported the vehicle sold already, G8toGT. It was put out to await shipment on Apr-20-2012, this does look normal and I think it should ship out pretty soon.
------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU, DEYSHA!

With a Denver ETA of this Saturday, are you able to tell me if my car is still sitting in Flat Rock, or if it has shipped yet or if my ETA has changed? No one (not my dealer, not FCS, not the Regional Rep that my issue was escalated to) has been able to tell me. I've heard that "it may be in Flat Rock but this can't be confirmed." Really???

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread