2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/12, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called FoMoCo and the 2013 retails are still "in order processing" with no info on when we'll see a VIN.
Old 3/5/12, 09:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Called Ford today to find out if the rep at my dealer is just an idiot or what. So the woman I get on the phone has never heard of the acronym DORA either. I explain why I'm asking. She says she can give me order details. I say fine if you can tell me that the order in your system matches my VOC and that it won't change going forward, great and I'll forget about the DORA. I just want to make sure that the correct order was placed now that I've heard that having a VOC doesn't guarantee that. She tells me she can only tell me the car's color. Really? What is the use of that singular piece of info? After 10 minutes of back and forth, trying to get more info, I'm finally like, whatever, and move on to my next question.

I then explain how the 2012 Build & Price for the Mustang on Ford.com has a Noah car cover available from Covercraft. I'd done some research on them and wanted an Ultra'Techt (instead of the Noah) with a Ford logo (which they offer on Covercraft site and indicated to contact your dealer about). She knows nothing about it and suggests asking my dealer. I explain to her that I'm asking her because my dealer is clueless. Still no help. I explain that someone at Ford developed the Build & Price and put the Noah car cover on there as an option and I guarantee it was not a decision by the web developer or my dealer. So, someone at Ford knows the answer to my question. She directs me to the Ford social forums.

There was about 20 minutes more of ridiculousness but I won't subject you to it. I didn't bother trying to ask any of my other 4 questions. It's so frustrating when you put in all the work but can't get simple answers out of folks whose job it is to answer them...especially when you're spending 40 f*cking thousand dollars on one of their products. Fail.
Old 3/5/12, 09:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Got my window sticker. It was generated 3/2. Thank you Deysha for the link!!!!
Awesome, 1992chpb4c!!! You're welcome!

Originally Posted by wheelman
Ha ha
The rep I got said they dont use DORA at their dealership...? And that his ETAs could vary a week either way...?
Called Ford today to find out if the rep at my dealer is just an idiot or what. So the woman I get on the phone has never heard of the acronym DORA either. I explain why I'm asking. She says she can give me order details. I say fine if you can tell me that the order in your system matches my VOC and that it won't change going forward, great and I'll forget about the DORA. I just want to make sure that the correct order was placed now that I've heard that having a VOC doesn't guarantee that. She tells me she can only tell me the car's color. Really?
I got you, wheelman! Please PM me with your questions and I'll do my best to get you some answers.

Originally Posted by darkhorses
Deysha, do the expected first delivery dates apply to GT premium couple also?
The early dates are for all stock orders, darkhorses. The only ones that mainly go by quarters are the Boss 302s and GT500s. PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can track your order.

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Just ordered a 2013 V6 last week - sterling gray with charcoal interior, and performance package. Cant wait to get it!
Congrats, SlowRiderr!!! PM me so I can track your order as well!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 3/5/12 at 09:56 AM.
Old 3/5/12, 10:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Called Ford today to find out if the rep at my dealer is just an idiot or what. So the woman I get on the phone has never heard of the acronym DORA either. I explain why I'm asking. She says she can give me order details. I say fine if you can tell me that the order in your system matches my VOC and that it won't change going forward, great and I'll forget about the DORA. I just want to make sure that the correct order was placed now that I've heard that having a VOC doesn't guarantee that. She tells me she can only tell me the car's color. Really? What is the use of that singular piece of info? After 10 minutes of back and forth, trying to get more info, I'm finally like, whatever, and move on to my next question.

I then explain how the 2012 Build & Price for the Mustang on Ford.com has a Noah car cover available from Covercraft. I'd done some research on them and wanted an Ultra'Techt (instead of the Noah) with a Ford logo (which they offer on Covercraft site and indicated to contact your dealer about). She knows nothing about it and suggests asking my dealer. I explain to her that I'm asking her because my dealer is clueless. Still no help. I explain that someone at Ford developed the Build & Price and put the Noah car cover on there as an option and I guarantee it was not a decision by the web developer or my dealer. So, someone at Ford knows the answer to my question. She directs me to the Ford social forums.

There was about 20 minutes more of ridiculousness but I won't subject you to it. I didn't bother trying to ask any of my other 4 questions. It's so frustrating when you put in all the work but can't get simple answers out of folks whose job it is to answer them...especially when you're spending 40 f*cking thousand dollars on one of their products. Fail.
Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear about your dealer's lack of knowledge about a DORA. Someone there should know what you want. Call back and ask for the fleet manager. They are the ones who order the bulk of the inventory (at most stores anyway). This person will know what you want. If for some strange reason they don't, just ask them for the print-back that they get after the order is received by Ford. This should be understood there.

About calling the Ford hotline. I'm sorry about that too. You have to remember that those people don't work in a dealership, and only answer the phones. They don't know dealership terminology. And about the car cover, all they have to do is order it via the accessory page. There are several that are available from Ford. They just have to order it seperately as the cover from the factory is only one type and can't be changed. If you have any questions, you can always give me a call.
Old 3/5/12, 02:20 PM

Ordered on 2/27/12 for $250 over invoice Black Mustang GT 5.0 401A package, with Track Package, comfort Group, GT accessory Package 945, Shaker Pro... Question, the splitter, diffuser, front facia and fog lights that come on the California package can be added by dealer later? Also, dealer said still waiting for Ford to accept order
Old 3/5/12, 02:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 98V6to2013Five-0
Ordered on 2/27/12 for $250 over invoice Black Mustang GT 5.0 401A package, with Track Package, comfort Group, GT accessory Package 945, Shaker Pro... Question, the splitter, diffuser, front facia and fog lights that come on the California package can be added by dealer later? Also, dealer said still waiting for Ford to accept order
They can be added later.

Edit: don't worry, Ford accepted my order 3 months ago.. & you'll prob get yours first

Last edited by cinque35; 3/5/12 at 02:27 PM.
Old 3/5/12, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

I don't know what your dealer means by that. If he means he's waiting for Ford to schedule it, that is alot different than waiting for Ford to "accept" the order. The order is accepted the moment they enter it and they get a print back the next day.
Old 3/5/12, 04:28 PM

Oh ok, they were supposed to email my as soon as it was accepted with that sheet but when I went in there Friday they said it was still sitting in Ford's system... HMMM, maybe I should go back and see whats up. If I remember correctly production on 2013 GT's started 2/1/12 so I should see mine about 10-12 weeks from order date... ie towards the end of May?
Old 3/5/12, 06:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh ok, they were supposed to email my as soon as it was accepted with that sheet but when I went in there Friday they said it was still sitting in Ford's system... HMMM, maybe I should go back and see whats up. If I remember correctly production on 2013 GT's started 2/1/12 so I should see mine about 10-12 weeks from order date... ie towards the end of May?
2013 production just started a week ago on 2.27.12.

Your order is in the order banks, but is just sitting idly in queue, waiting for Ford to submit your order to the plant. Ford is not scheduling customer orders yet, just cars being built for dealer inventories for quality control purposes. Ford will likely start scheduling customer orders in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 3/6/12, 04:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I ordered my 2011 in Feb and did not receive it until May 24th. I have done the same thing with the 2013 so i am not expecting to see it until the end of May beginning of June.
Old 3/6/12, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey everyone, I have a "timing chart' That is for every model for the next year and a half. On it, it shows the "Anticipated Start of Retail Scheduling" for 2013 Mustangs (non SVT) to be March 15th. This is anticipated date. Not set in stone, but this should be when they start scheduling cars. I figure if everything is good with the stock units already built, and the OK to buy is given, then retails will then be scheduled shortly after. Mid to late March has always been the ideal date. Hope this helps
Old 3/6/12, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
What is that they said in 'Julius Caesar?' Oh yeah, "beware the Ides of March!"

Kidding. Thanks Jeff. Hope it's beginning to warm up in Pennsylvania!
Old 3/6/12, 07:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey everyone, I have a "timing chart' That is for every model for the next year and a half. On it, it shows the "Anticipated Start of Retail Scheduling" for 2013 Mustangs (non SVT) to be March 15th. This is anticipated date. Not set in stone, but this should be when they start scheduling cars. I figure if everything is good with the stock units already built, and the OK to buy is given, then retails will then be scheduled shortly after. Mid to late March has always been the ideal date. Hope this helps
Sweet Jeff thanks for all the info cant wait to see when I get scheduled!
Old 3/6/12, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
This is why I love TMS. Thanks Jeff.
Old 3/6/12, 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Now I have two..

My dealer called me today and said they ordered another one as type 2
Got a VIN & a Build week of 3/19 & ETA 3/28
I didn't even ask them to, they kept the original retail order open
so I'll get which ever one comes first and they'll sell the other one
off the lot
Old 3/6/12, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
My dealer called me today and said they ordered another one as type 2
Got a VIN & a Build week of 3/19 & ETA 3/28
I didn't even ask them to, they kept the original retail order open
so I'll get which ever one comes first and they'll sell the other one
off the lot
That's some pretty good service there!
Old 3/6/12, 12:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Kobrag
That's some pretty good service there!
i kno.. they rock def worth the 45min drive, past at least 5 other dealers
Old 3/6/12, 01:51 PM

Hello this is my first time trying a post on the forum (apologize in advance if it posts incorrectly)but I sure have enjoyed learning from everyone. Question regarding the new GT500 convertible, I keep hearing conflicting stories and wondering if anyone knows the answer yet. When ordering the SVT PP option with the convertible, will the track pack be an option? I see that it isn't available on the GT except as the coupe, but have heard it would be available on the GT500.... but my dealer is hearing otherwise.
Old 3/6/12, 01:57 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby68
Hello this is my first time trying a post on the forum (apologize in advance if it posts incorrectly)but I sure have enjoyed learning from everyone. Question regarding the new GT500 convertible, I keep hearing conflicting stories and wondering if anyone knows the answer yet. When ordering the SVT PP option with the convertible, will the track pack be an option? I see that it isn't available on the GT except as the coupe, but have heard it would be available on the GT500.... but my dealer is hearing otherwise.
Welcome to the site and pm Deysha. Ford customer service. Easiest way to get your answer.
Old 3/6/12, 02:27 PM

Thanks "AlsCobra", I PM'd Deysha on this.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists