Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/12, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha, last tuesday you asked me to drop you a PM on that friday and you would have some info for me, I did but never heard anything back. Are there any updates yet?
Old 4/3/12, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did thrustang50 bail on us then?? Im on vacation but haven't seen any posts from him since before the weekend.?
Old 4/3/12, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Did thrustang50 bail on us then?? Im on vacation but haven't seen any posts from him since before the weekend.?
Haha, do u miss the drama? He's probably over at camaro5 whining cause his camaro 1LE isn't being scheduled fast enough.
Old 4/3/12, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Haha, do u miss the drama? He's probably over at camaro5 whining cause his camaro 1LE isn't being scheduled fast enough.
No I don't. One thing I do find amusing is when people start blaming ford. It's never anything personal on fords end. They want to sell cars no different then we want to buy one.....but there is a process that needs to be followed. We don't always like it but we do have to abide by it.
When my wife was looking at SUVs recently I asked the Audi dealer how long to get one and he said up to 3 months. Infiniti was the same And thats for a model that was currently in production .

If you can't wait for any manufacturer to build you a car to your specs then you weren't really that interested to begin with.
Old 4/3/12, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

No I don't. One thing I do find amusing is when people start blaming ford. It's never anything personal on fords end. They want to sell cars no different then we want to buy one.....but there is a process that needs to be followed. We don't always like it but we do have to abide by it.
When my wife was looking at SUVs recently I asked the Audi dealer how long to get one and he said up to 3 months. Infiniti was the same And thats for a model that was currently in production .

If you can't wait for any manufacturer to build you a car to your specs then you weren't really that interested to begin with.
100% agree. I tried to avoid the topic because drama is what I hate most about forums, but since it appears to be over, I will contribute to it momentarily...

Ford said the 2013 Mustang would be available in Spring 2012. Last time I checked, Spring is barely underway (well not weather-wise, but anyways), and by my watch, they could go another 2 months before delivering the first 2013 and they still wouldn't be late. So what's the big deal?

Not that I'm suggesting they wait another 2 months to deliver mine - I've been car-less since December - I'm just sayin'...
Old 4/3/12, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess he did cancel his order and went elsewhere as we haven't seen him for a while. If he did, IMO he wasn't patient. Job #1 started 2/27 and retail orders didn't start for about several weeks later. He was upset at it being maybe 3 months for his car? BIG FREAKING DEAL!!! I waited 6 whole months for my car. It gave me the chance to save up more money for the down payment. Alot of people who ordered as soon as the order banks opened, counted the day it was ordered as the time for order, when in fact the clock didn't start ticking until retail orders were scheduled after Job #1 actually started. Its 8 weeks on a car that is in current production. If you order way before Job #1, it will be longer, especially if the model is undergoing changes.

Ask riceatin2000GT. I ordered his car back on January 26th. It should be arriving any day. He was 100% totally cool with the timetable. He knew the process and didn't expect a car the next week. Thank you Michael!! Thats the mindset you have to have when you order a car that is undergoing changes. Things happen, not intentionally, but they do. There is a process as going for broke mentioned. It will get here, in good time. It is what it is. I hope he didn't cancel, as he's going to miss out on a fantastic car, but I guess he did.
Old 4/3/12, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I guess he did cancel his order and went elsewhere as we haven't seen him for a while. If he did, IMO he wasn't patient. Job #1 started 2/27 and retail orders didn't start for about several weeks later. He was upset at it being maybe 3 months for his car? BIG FREAKING DEAL!!! I waited 6 whole months for my car. It gave me the chance to save up more money for the down payment. Alot of people who ordered as soon as the order banks opened, counted the day it was ordered as the time for order, when in fact the clock didn't start ticking until retail orders were scheduled after Job #1 actually started. Its 8 weeks on a car that is in current production. If you order way before Job #1, it will be longer, especially if the model is undergoing changes.

Ask riceatin2000GT. I ordered his car back on January 26th. It should be arriving any day. He was 100% totally cool with the timetable. He knew the process and didn't expect a car the next week. Thank you Michael!! Thats the mindset you have to have when you order a car that is undergoing changes. Things happen, not intentionally, but they do. There is a process as going for broke mentioned. It will get here, in good time. It is what it is. I hope he didn't cancel, as he's going to miss out on a fantastic car, but I guess he did.
All true. Its a shame because he was posting everyday and was excited about this car. Maybe he took my advice and he went and got a AMG with that fat raise of his.

I only wish Ford will hurry and glue the stripes back on the **** Boss's so I can get mine. What sucks worse than waiting on one to be built is knowing it has been built for almost a month and it still sits somewhere besides my driveway!!!!
Old 4/3/12, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by kboxvegas
Deysha, last tuesday you asked me to drop you a PM on that friday and you would have some info for me, I did but never heard anything back. Are there any updates yet?
Hey kboxvegas, sometimes it takes Deysha a few days to get back to everyone on updates. I requested an update Friday as well and just heard back from her today. Also I believe she takes the weekends off, so thats an extra 2 days to wait. I can almost promise she will get back to you soon.

BTW I have a build date of 4/16 and delivery of 4/25.
Old 4/3/12, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Very true Jeff. I was waiting to order a Shelby so I had already prepared myself for a car maybe June-July. When I switched to a GT the wait was wayyyyyy less and that was still ok. I found it strange people were complaining so much. It's nothing we can control! I guess people's immaturity begins to shine through. Patience is a hard thing to learn if you don't have it naturally.

The time kinda flew for me. I just have 3 more weeks to wait and I'll be all set with the exact car I wanted. My car arrives on a weekend I will be photographing both days so thats a bit of a bummer but it only means more cash to put down!
Old 4/3/12, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

I too have a car on the way from Jeff. This will be the second time going though him and I wouldn ever go elsewhere. I ordered a 2010 GT500 and was put through torture waiting for that car to arrive. It must have sat at the factory for over a month due to quality checks. I believe it was around the 5-6 month mark also as far as waiting but it was definatly well worth it. I know the waiting is the hardest part for some but that all quickly becomes an afterthougt the day you pick it up from the dealer. Anything short of 5 months is a win for me, plus the wait allows me to accumulate more aftermarket parts

Last edited by zeindog; 4/3/12 at 05:37 PM.
Old 4/3/12, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zeindog
I too have a car on the way from Jeff. This will be the second time going though him and I wouldn ever go elsewhere. I ordered a 2010 GT500 and was put through torture waiting for that car to arrive. It must have sat at the factory for over a month due to quality checks. I believe it was around the 5-6 month mark also as far as waiting but it was definatly well worth it. I know the waiting is the hardest part for some but that all quickly becomes an afterthougt the day you pick it up from the dealer. Anything short of 5 months is a win for me, plus the wait allows me to accumulate more aftermarket parts

Thanks for the kind words buddy!! I remember your GT500 order very well. That was torture for all of us! It worked out in the end though. Your car should be here very soon dude!!! I'll send you a PM in the AM when I check its progress!!
Old 4/3/12, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the kind words buddy!! I remember your GT500 order very well. That was torture for all of us! It worked out in the end though. Your car should be here very soon dude!!! I'll send you a PM in the AM when I check its progress!!
Sweet thanks Jeff!
Old 4/3/12, 11:22 PM
GT Member

thank you jeff! The biggest thing which i can bet happens a lot is dealers don't really go through the whole process like you do with your customers. After you explained how it all worked on my 2010 its just a big waiting game like you've pointed out. Sometimes you get lucky and the car gets built quick and sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited by RiceEatin2000GT; 4/3/12 at 11:24 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 12:36 AM

Had my 12 year-old son with me when we ordered the Mustang. It will become his when he starts driving. Had to let him help pick it out.

My sales rep at the dealer lost her son a few weeks after i placed my order...returned to work and continues to keep me updated without me even asking. Knows more about Mustangs than anyone I've met.

I think I can deal with the wait.
Old 4/4/12, 05:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=darkhorses;6302803]Had my 12 year-old son with me when we ordered the Mustang. It will become his when he starts driving. Had to let him help pick it out. QUOTE]

Lucky son of yours... My dad would never let me choose which Dodge Caravan model he would pick... If only he was driving a Mustang...
Old 4/4/12, 06:29 AM
GT Member

not sure if I should get my hopes up...but this morning my ETA updated to tomorrow (April 5th)!
Old 4/4/12, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
not sure if I should get my hopes up...but this morning my ETA updated to tomorrow (April 5th)!
What was the eta before..? If they moved it up I'd say it's going to happen.
Old 4/4/12, 07:23 AM
GT Member

What was the eta before..? If they moved it up I'd say it's going to happen.
It was the 9th before (this upcoming Monday). Yeah I wouldn't think they would move it up to the 5th on the 4th unless they were pretty sure about it. Still not going to expect it this week, just in case
Old 4/4/12, 09:11 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kboxvegas
Originally Posted by LightStang
Hey kboxvegas, sometimes it takes Deysha a few days to get back to everyone on updates. I requested an update Friday as well and just heard back from her today. Also I believe she takes the weekends off, so thats an extra 2 days to wait. I can almost promise she will get back to you soon.
Thank you, LightStang!

I sent you a PM, kboxvegas. Please check your inbox.

Deysha
Old 4/4/12, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Hey Deysha,

I was given the correct order number by my salesman. I PM'd it to you on Monday. I know you've been busy but wanted to let you know in case it got lost in the inevitable mass of PMs.

Thanks so much for the help!

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists