Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/12, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Would you comment a bit further on how moving impacts this decision? Thanks.
Sure thing. Its a planning thing really. Im in the military and getting re-stationed come June. I sold off one vehicle and I am going to have the mustang be my primary vehicle next to my bike. The truck I am driving now I will use as a trade in. Now I have a lot of stuff I am trying to plan, namely renting my house out which involves some prep work so I can be in Cali by mid-June. Lets say that the car isnt done and mine by then. The option becomes I have to drive the trade in to Cali, or do that first and rent a car to take to cali, and pay 500 extra to have it delivered to Cali from Ford. Lets say it takes 3 months to happen, then I am dealing with all that extra hassle until then. When I ordered the car in Feb it was expected to be here May at the latest but it was always with a wink and a smile that it would be sooner. Fine by me. Then the cars start coming out and the track pack parts fiasco starts. Again not TOO big a deal once March starts, but now its coming on April and again, wait til next week, wait til next week. To be honest I would just rather have that concern off my plate. I could just cancel the order and re-do it once I get to Cali, but I have been working with this dealer since day one, they have done everything I asked without complaint, so I dont feel taking that effort away from them is the right thing to do. It is just easier to pull the track pack, go with the brembos and 3.55 (which is the gear ratio I really wanted anyway) and get a date locked in so I can focus my efforts on the 100 other things I have to do before packing up and heading off. I may be overly zealous or jumping the gun, I get that. Its just a matter of planning for me and the less "unknowns" for me the better. Sure I can wait it out another week and see if I get a date on Friday, but if not then what? This way I know I will be good to go come the end of the week.
Old 3/25/12, 08:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fridaze
Sure thing. Its a planning thing really. Im in the military and getting re-stationed come June.
Understand...wish you the best in getting things settled and thank you for your military service!
Old 3/25/12, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Understand...wish you the best in getting things settled and thank you for your military service!
Not a problem, I just weighed out, is the addition of the oil cooler and bigger radiator worth the potential issues. They werent, I can get the same performance essentially without the potential hassle, I may as well do it and know.
Old 3/25/12, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Thanks Jeff, i appreciate all the help. I wish you were my salesman. The fact is, Im not gonna wait till June to receive my Mustang. Thats just unacceptable. I feel Im gonna get boned like some of these 2012 guys and their horror stories. I just got a hefty promotion at my job last wednesday. I wanna celebrate by cruising the countryside in a 400+hp sports car with my girlfriend on these beautiful spring afternoons. Not puting down the highway in 117kmi hunk of japanese $#!+. You know what I mean man. The fact is, I might be ready to increase what Im willing to spend on a car now and this meaningless delay has really dampened my love affair with the 13 Mustang and Ford. Especially when people who ordered after me are getting info. Some may say its too early to consider canceling but c'mon, look how long it took Togan to get his 12... Has he even took delivery yet? Unreal. Whats to say it wont happen here. I appreciate the help fellas, y'all are the best group of forum members I've had the pleasure of chatting with but if i hear nothing by friday I'm bailing.
Heck, with a hefty promotion, I think I would be looking at a Mercedes AMG.
Old 3/25/12, 11:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fridaze
Not a problem, I just weighed out, is the addition of the oil cooler and bigger radiator worth the potential issues. They werent, I can get the same performance essentially without the potential hassle, I may as well do it and know.
AMEN to that! I did the same.
Old 3/26/12, 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

My grandmother (God rest her soul) would have called this a "cutting your nose off to spite your face" scenario. I agree a long wait time is maddening. Why do you consider June an unacceptable timeframe? I am asking to understand, not be antagonistic.

I really, really do hope you get the information on your new vehicle shortly.
June is unacceptable to me for a couple reasons. The major being that I have a series of weekend trips planned for the end of May/early June and I need a reliable car to make it to my destinations. My Sentra has not been the most dependable car with its most recent disaster being a transmission explosion. It was horrible and even though its fixed now i have a feeling something else is about to go, most notably, the front left ball joint :/. My girlfriends 03 Civic Ex with (80k) has been burning a quart of oil every 2 weeks. Yes, i said 03 Civic with 80k burning oil. Unbelievable. Its also overheating quite often as it consumes coolant. Most definitely a head gasket failure. Needless to say Japanese cars hate me. So if i don't have a reliable car to take these long trips then Ill have to bum a car off 1 of our parents. Just like Kobrag I feel like a douchebag borrowing someones car.

The other reason is because of that promotion I got. I can up my spending limit on a car now and considering all the amazing sport luxury cars in the region, I dont have to wait for this mustang anymore. But the truth is, im still obsessed with 13 GT. I have my laundry list of tweaks i want to make to it and Im so emotionally invested at this point that it will be very difficult for me to bail now. Doesn't mean i wont do it but i don't really want to.

Things should be much clearer by friday.

Last edited by ThrustangFiveO; 3/26/12 at 05:44 AM.
Old 3/26/12, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Heck, with a hefty promotion, I think I would be looking at a Mercedes AMG.
Thank you! Thats what im saying. lol
Old 3/26/12, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

What a lot of us don't realize is that as hard as it is to wait it out, if you want the exact car you ordered your at the mercy of the factory. If you chose to pluck a car off of the lot that will be much quicker if you can sacrifice an option or two. Please do keep in mind though that for the most part the cars that are now sitting on lots were ordered back in December.
I had my car scheduled about a week and a half ago. It's supposed to build next week and be to me the week after (4-8). So it's really not taking long once it's built. I had ordered my car on 1-4.
Last year I ordered my 12 in the middle of march and didn't receive it til June 8th so they seem to be progressing much quicker this year then last.

Bottom line, if you can't wait, don't.

One other thing, I pmed deysha about 2 weeks ago and she updated me with my vin and scheduled date a week ago Friday, and then she updated me again last friday with the build and eta date...wait for it.... All without me pm'ing her even once after the initial pm. Thanks to deysha for all her work.

I truly hope you guys can wait to get your cars because nothing is as cool as ordering one from the factory exactly how you want it. Good luck.
Old 3/26/12, 05:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you! Thats what im saying. lol
Or just go for a Boss, they should be hitting the dealers over the next couple of weeks. Take a short trip and get one maybe......
Old 3/26/12, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or just go for a Boss, they should be hitting the dealers over the next couple of weeks. Take a short trip and get one maybe......
IF they ever start shipping...
Old 3/26/12, 07:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
IF they ever start shipping...
There is one at a dealership in Canada and one was supposedly at a dealer in NC.....
Old 3/26/12, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is one at a dealership in Canada and one was supposedly at a dealer in NC.....
True, but all others have been held at the plant for about 3 weeks now.
Old 3/26/12, 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone, back from the weekend. If the commodites report is released later today, I'll post up any pertinant info.

About the whole "dealer says 8 weeks" thing. That term, 8 weeks for an order, is used for a car that is currently in production with no stoppages or delays. If one of you ordered your car back in January, 8 weeks is out the window, as they didn't even start production until February 27th. When I ordered the cars I did for people, I told them, once things start up, expect stock to be done first before retail and after that starts, figure a few weeks until that is setup. Anyone who ordered from me, I said to expect the cars in Mid to late April, maybe early May. Its just the way it is, when a vehicle is updated. If someone ordered say, Jan 15,, no way in heck would I say "8 weeks" as it would NEVER happen.

Brian, just keep the faith. If its any consolation, when I got the VINs for the other 2 retails I had 2 Fridays ago, their schedule date was the following week! Pretty quick turnaround right now. Should be the same for you. Even if your VIN is assigned by Friday, I suspect the date for build to be the 2nd week in April and you should have it by the end of April.

Again, this is just a guess but pretty accurate one.
Old 3/26/12, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Track pack guys with VIN and build dates, did any of you get ETAs yet?
Old 3/26/12, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Brian, just keep the faith. If its any consolation, when I got the VINs for the other 2 retails I had 2 Fridays ago, their schedule date was the following week! Pretty quick turnaround right now. Should be the same for you. Even if your VIN is assigned by Friday, I suspect the date for build to be the 2nd week in April and you should have it by the end of April.

Again, this is just a guess but pretty accurate one.
That would make me very happy. I hope so Jeff.
Old 3/26/12, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
True, but all others have been held at the plant for about 3 weeks now.
Only 2 good ones out of the bunch???
Old 3/26/12, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I was expecting an mid-end of April delivery so that good to hear if it does happen.
Old 3/26/12, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kobrag
I was expecting an mid-end of April delivery so that good to hear if it does happen.
Whats the exact car you ordered including options? Im trying to make sense of why we've been pushed back another week.
Old 3/26/12, 09:28 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kboxvegas
PM sent, thank you Deysha
Thanks, kboxvegas! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Either way, it's nice of him to do that. As well as the work Deysha does for us mustang fanatics.
Thanks, Sky Hye!!

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
No worries, I have spoken to them and they said an Automated email goes out when the VIN becomes available. Thanks anyways
Originally Posted by LostGeographer
Just got my VIN and a build week of April 9th
PM me with the VIN, LostGeographer. I should be able to track it now.

You can say my name. We all know who ur talking about here. ...and yes Im considering bailing if theres no schedule by Friday. So Ford, if your reading this thread, Im order number 1300, dealer code F13161 (Metro Ford Schenectady, NY). Move it or lose it!!! LOL
Originally Posted by Kobrag
Well I need a car asap because I have been driving my mothers car for the past almost 4 months now and hate taking her car away from her/putting a lot of miles on it to.
Originally Posted by smiley
Agreed, I've been driving the same car for the last eight years, another few months won't kill me.
Your orders should schedule soon, guys! I'll be here to help you along.

Originally Posted by going for broke
One other thing, I pmed deysha about 2 weeks ago and she updated me with my vin and scheduled date a week ago Friday, and then she updated me again last friday with the build and eta date...wait for it.... All without me pm'ing her even once after the initial pm. Thanks to deysha for all her work.
Thank you for the kudos, going for broke!

Deysha
Old 3/26/12, 09:30 AM
V6 Member

Track pack guys with VIN and build dates, did any of you get ETAs yet?
I don't have a spot for that in the Tracking site the military car sales site has. Just the build week. It has a requested delivery date of May 21, which is just the earliest I could request when I placed my order. Build week of April 9th and delivery of May 21 seems like a HUGE gap, even for it being delivered to California.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists