Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Teaser pics from Ford - Nov 12th up... sorta

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/08, 08:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RMac
It looks more like a defroster vent than an air vent... to defrost the side windows for side mirror visibility.

In the words of the great Ed McMahon, "YES! You are cor-rect sir!"

Notice the little defroster vents that were above the outer air registers on the 2005-09 are absent on the 2010- so they must be on the door.
Old 9/17/08, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
air vent...defroster vent...It aint going to do anything facing that way.
Old 9/17/08, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Topnotch
air vent...defroster vent...It aint going to do anything facing that way.
Yes it will. The air will hit the corner and work its way up the window, to de-fog the window.
Old 9/17/08, 09:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just wanted to add to the discussion on the possibility (or lack their of) for aftermarket radios, and navigations systems with the new center stack? Just remember one MAJOR thing! If anyone orders a 2010 with SYNC but wants to change out the headunit, for an aftermarket radio or nav, YOU LOSE SYNC!!! So if anyone may be thinking of adding a navigation system aftermarket, just order the factory nav.
Old 9/17/08, 10:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I just wanted to add to the discussion on the possibility (or lack their of) for aftermarket radios, and navigations systems with the new center stack? Just remember one MAJOR thing! If anyone orders a 2010 with SYNC but wants to change out the headunit, for an aftermarket radio or nav, YOU LOSE SYNC!!! So if anyone may be thinking of adding a navigation system aftermarket, just order the factory nav.
The problem is the NAV system (if it's the same as the Flex) is crazy expensive. You can get a portable NAV that does all that for less then half of the price.
Old 9/17/08, 10:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bpmurr
The problem is the NAV system (if it's the same as the Flex) is crazy expensive. You can get a portable NAV that does all that for less then half of the price.
Not true Mike. The Nav in the Flex can watch movies, store 2,300 songs, photos, and can do the whole "gas prices" feature, plus weather, sports scores, and movie listing, when Sirius TraveLink is subscribed to. Portable systems aren't built like this, with the ability to watch DVD movies and store that many songs.
Old 9/17/08, 10:39 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Not true Mike. The Nav in the Flex can watch movies, store 2,300 songs, photos, and can do the whole "gas prices" feature, plus weather, sports scores, and movie listing, when Sirius TraveLink is subscribed to. Portable systems aren't built like this, with the ability to watch DVD movies and store that many songs.
Ditto. Just look through the Next-Gen Nav System Album Brad put up in the 2010 Mustang gallery. It's incredible and far better than anything currently offered on the market
Old 9/18/08, 02:40 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Ditto. Just look through the Next-Gen Nav System Album Brad put up in the 2010 Mustang gallery. It's incredible and far better than anything currently offered on the market

It's impressive all right.
Old 9/18/08, 06:13 AM
GT Member

NAV system this Nav system that... blah blah blah lol

I don't care about Nav would never use it, would drive me crazy. I don't drive anywhere I don't know how to get to first, thats what mapquest is for when I need it lol

Anyways... I just want the Nav for the beautiful flatscreen for my stereo lol
Old 9/18/08, 06:51 AM
Cobra Member

the nav does look impressive though
Old 9/18/08, 07:32 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ms.Saleen
NAV system this Nav system that... blah blah blah lol

I don't care about Nav would never use it, would drive me crazy. I don't drive anywhere I don't know how to get to first, thats what mapquest is for when I need it lol
That's great in theory, but when you're in a strange city, trying to find a specific location...driving while holding a map and attempting to read directions is not only unsafe, but **** near impossible.

Turn-by-turn NAV takes you right there.

And I know, because I've experienced it first hand. My friend used to have the same attitude; saw NAV as a complete waste of time for techno geeks only. We went on a trip into the States recently, and I used the NAV in my car to find specific locations for which I had NO previous topographical bearings, and it took us right there.

By half way into the trip he was amazed and couldn't stop singing the praises of NAV.

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 9/18/08 at 07:33 AM.
Old 9/18/08, 08:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
That's great in theory, but when you're in a strange city, trying to find a specific location...driving while holding a map and attempting to read directions is not only unsafe, but **** near impossible.

Turn-by-turn NAV takes you right there.

And I know, because I've experienced it first hand. My friend used to have the same attitude; saw NAV as a complete waste of time for techno geeks only. We went on a trip into the States recently, and I used the NAV in my car to find specific locations for which I had NO previous topographical bearings, and it took us right there.

By half way into the trip he was amazed and couldn't stop singing the praises of NAV.
Couldn't agree more buddy! While I know my area in SE Pennsylvania pretty well, I take my car to ALOT of shows in New Jersey, and Delaware, and that is where my sence of direction ends. My Pioneer D3 has saved me PLENTY of times. The best was when I went to Canada for the MCA National Show. Once we went over the boarder, the system got me right to the hotel with no trouble, and the QEW was confusing. I love my nav in my car. It makes driving more fun, especially with the iPod adapter hooked up.
Old 9/18/08, 08:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
and the QEW was confusing..
The Queen-E is not confusing...
Explain or ban
Old 9/18/08, 08:34 AM
GT Member

yea i agree i want the nav because im tired of using mapquest when i dont know where exactly im going because it isnt necessarily the safest thing to do and not as convienient as the nav screen will be.
Old 9/18/08, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

exactly
Old 9/18/08, 09:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
The Queen-E is not confusing...
Explain or ban
I mean't no disrespect Boom, lol. I got thrown for a loop when I saw the sign for how far the Ford Plant was, until I realized that the distance was in Kilometers and not miles. Once I switched my nav system to KM, I was fine. \

And I gotta say, the people at the show were the nicest folks. Remember I'm from outside of Philadelphia, so when everyone was saying hello and asking how I was, it was VERY refreshing.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 9/18/08 at 09:49 AM.
Old 9/18/08, 09:50 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
hahah...so who's fault is THAT Hrmmmmm???

Glad you enjoyed your stay up here....
... hope the igloos didn't get in the way
Old 9/18/08, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
hahah...so who's fault is THAT Hrmmmmm???

Glad you enjoyed your stay up here....
... hope the igloos didn't get in the way
Oh, totally mine. It was the 1st time I was ever over the boarder. And yes, my club who joined me (10 cars), we had a BLAST!!! Just waiting for the October issue of Mustang Times for the pictures and write-up of the show.
Old 9/18/08, 01:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I...I'm from outside of Philadelphia, so when everyone was saying hello and asking how I was, it was VERY refreshing.
+1. When you get a hello down here, they usually want something from you!
Old 9/18/08, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I can't wait an extra year for the 5.0...

Quick Reply: 2010 Teaser pics from Ford - Nov 12th up... sorta