Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Fusion Order Guide. Hint of Future Mustang Options????

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/08, 03:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
Dave, I've Heard Ford Is Bringing The Fiesta Here But I Have Not Heard They Are Bringing The Focus, and Even If They Do They Are Still Going To BASTARDIZE Those European Versions With Their 3 Chrome Bar Grill Theme, I've Read The Articles About The Fiesta, Which Isn't Going To Be Called Fiesta In The US BTW, They Haven't Come Up With A Name Yet. They're Afraid People Will Relate It To The Original Fiesta of the Late 70's . As For the 2010 Fusion, It Might Be A Nice Car But Have You Looked At The New Mazda 6?Or The European Mondeo Even? Those Are Much Nicer Cars In My Opinion.
This is the "bastardized" US Fiesta:

Not much in the way of bastardization.

As for the Mondeo, its a really nice car but so far we've seen ONE photo of the new Fusion so lets hold off on the sweeping statements. And even if the Mondeo does still blow the Fusion out of the water, the two models are merging in about 3-4 years anyway.

Lastly, and this is more of a personal pref thing, what's the deal with the text? I fully endorse using colors and fonts to make points but when you use it every single post every single word it just rubs me the wrong way. Is it aesthetic or does it make it easier to find your won posts?
Old 11/1/08, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
Lastly, and this is more of a personal pref thing, what's the deal with the text? I fully endorse using colors and fonts to make points but when you use it every single post every single word it just rubs me the wrong way. Is it aesthetic or does it make it easier to find your won posts?
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Old 11/1/08, 05:03 PM

Yeah, I noticed that he capitalizes EVERY word, but I wasn't going to say anything. Although I am curious as to why? Do you type faster that way? Seriously. I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm honestly curious.
Old 11/1/08, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dave, I've Heard Ford Is Bringing The Fiesta Here But I Have Not Heard They Are Bringing The Focus, and Even If They Do They Are Still Going To BASTARDIZE Those European Versions With Their 3 Chrome Bar Grill Theme, I've Read The Articles About The Fiesta, Which Isn't Going To Be Called Fiesta In The US BTW, They Haven't Come Up With A Name Yet. They're Afraid People Will Relate It To The Original Fiesta of the Late 70's . As For the 2010 Fusion, It Might Be A Nice Car But Have You Looked At The New Mazda 6?Or The European Mondeo Even? Those Are Much Nicer Cars In My Opinion.

Here you go..it is pretty common knowledge actually that the next Focus is a world car. It is going to be an excellent car. Two articles..plus a pic

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-U-...in-2011-18121/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-...us-plants.html

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 11/1/08 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11/1/08, 10:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry Guys I Didn't Mean To Pee In Anyone's Cheerios. I Was Not Aware That Ford Was Bringing The Euro Focus Here. I'm Actually Quite Happy They Are, The Last Time I Heard They Were Not Going To, Because As I Stated, They Said It Was Too Costly To Manufacture For Our Market.

I Guess It's Just A Personal Thing For Me. As I Stated I Don't Really Like Any Other Current Fords Except The Mustang (Not Including Their Trucks, I Think Ford Builds The Best Trucks Out There) I Just Can Not Stand That Big Thick 3 Chrome Bar Grill Slapped On Every Vehicle They Build, And I Was Certain They Would Do It With The Fiesta.

I'm Glad To See They Didn't, Although I Still Prefer The Grill Of The Euro Spec Version Better. Just As I Like The 3 Door Pictured Below, Which We More Than Likely Won't Get, Because Supposedly "American's Don't Like Hatchbacks." Well I Wish Someone Would Tell That To All These Americans Driving SUVs and Mini Vans. I Guess American's Only Like Hatchbacks If They Weigh Over 2 Tons And Get Bad Gas Mileage?

On The Issue Of The 2010 Fusion, I'm Sure It Will Be A Fine Car, It's Just That Again, I Guess My Expectations Were Too High. Knowing That The Mazda6 Is All New I Was Hoping The Fusion Would Be Too, Since They Shared Chassis. But This Is Even Less Of A Freshening Than The Mustang Is Getting, Basically Just A New Front Clip And New Tail Lights And Bumpers. The Interior Looks To Be Mostly Carry Over In Every Spy Shot I've Seen. The Interior Of The Fiesta Looks Better Than It Does. Not To Mention The Interior Of The 09 Mazda 6.

As For The Color, Font, And Capitalization....The Reaason I Use Color Is Because Being An Artist I Like To Use Color, And Blue Happens To Be My Favorite. As For The Font, I Just Happened To Like The Font I Use Because Of The Way It Looks. I Don't Like To Be One Of The Crowd. I Like To Be Different. The Capitalization Honestly Just Makes It Easier For Me To Read And Type. I Picked It Up On The Job Somewhere. I Guess It's Just A Quirk Of Mine. Sorry If It Offends Anyone.
I Didn't Mean To "Rub Anyone The Wrong Way."

Last edited by TampaBear67; 11/1/08 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11/1/08, 11:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry Guys I Didn't Mean To Pee In Anyone's Cheerios. I Was Not Aware That Ford Was Bringing The Euro Focus Here. I'm Actually Quite Happy They Are, The Last Time I Heard They Were Not Going To, Because As I Stated, They Said It Was Too Costly To Manufacture For Our Market.

I Guess It's Just A Personal Thing For Me. As I Stated I Don't Really Like Any Other Current Fords Except The Mustang (Not Including Their Trucks, I Think Ford Builds The Best Trucks Out There) I Just Can Not Stand That Big Thick 3 Chrome Bar Grill Slapped On Every Vehicle They Build, And I Was Certain They Would Do It With The Fiesta. I'm Glad To See They Didn't, Although I Still Prefer The Grill Of The Euro Spec Version Better.

On The Issue Of The 2010 Fusion, I'm Sure It Will Be A Fine Car, It's Just That Again, I Guess My Expectations Were Too High. Knowing That The Mazda6 Is All New I Was Hoping The Fusion Would Be Too, Since They Shared Chassis. But This Is Even Less Of A Freshening Than The Mustang Is Getting, Basically Just A New Front Clip And New Tail Lights And Bumpers. The Interior Looks To Be Mostly Carry Over In Every Spy Shot I've Seen.

As For The Color, Font, And Capitalization....The Reaason I Use Color Is Because Being An Artist I Like To Use Color, And Blue Happens To Be My Favorite. As For The Font, I Just Happened To Like The Font I Use Because Of The Way It Looks. I Don't Like To Be One Of The Crowd. I Like To Be Different. The Capitalization Honestly Just Makes It Easier For Me To Read And Type. I Picked It Up On The Job Somewhere. I Guess It's Just A Quirk Of Mine. Sorry If It Offends Anyone.
I Didn't Mean To "Rub Anyone The Wrong Way."
It doesn't rub me the wrong way, but it is hard to read all the way through your comments when it feels like you're yelling at me. I agree with you on the three bar treatment. I don't care for it much either...too "truck-like" although I did like the Ford Interceptor from a couple years ago with that grill and the picture previously in this post is pretty hot.

I just think the European market has the small cars pretty much dialed in, so save the chrome and just bring it over as is. They pretty much did this with the Focus svt which as the ST170 there, and that was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Wife wouldn't let me keep it and buy the Mustang, though, so I sold it to my brother-in-law. Oh well, at least I get to drive it every now and then.
Old 11/2/08, 07:45 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang

Hey Moose,

As much as everyone is entitled to their opinion and has they're own preferences as to how they post on the forum, you seem to be rubbing alot of people the wrong way with YOUR posts and accusations. This is the second thread today alone that I see you having an arguement with someone over their posts. Now before you read this and start attacking at me for pointing this out.... take your hands off the keyboard.... and take a breath. Attacking people because they like to personalize their posts is just absurd and makes it seem like you are asking for trouble.
Old 11/8/08, 10:14 PM
Cobra R Member

While I Was Looking Through My Pic's Of My Own Artwork I Found A Drawing I Did Quite A Few Years Ago For A New Fiesta. I'm Kinda Amazed, It Think They're Kinda Similar...What Do You Guys Think?
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Fusion Order Guide. Hint of Future Mustang Options????-fiesta-lg.jpg  
Old 11/8/08, 10:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Here's A Couple Of Alterations I Did To The New Fiesta As Well.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Fusion Order Guide. Hint of Future Mustang Options????-2009_ford_fiesta_3fixed2.jpg   2010 Fusion Order Guide. Hint of Future Mustang Options????-2009_ford_fiesta_4fixed.jpg  
Old 11/8/08, 11:03 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KGray571

Hey Moose,

As much as everyone is entitled to their opinion and has they're own preferences as to how they post on the forum, you seem to be rubbing alot of people the wrong way with YOUR posts and accusations. This is the second thread today alone that I see you having an arguement with someone over their posts. Now before you read this and start attacking at me for pointing this out.... take your hands off the keyboard.... and take a breath. Attacking people because they like to personalize their posts is just absurd and makes it seem like you are asking for trouble.
The issue isn't personal preference or "attacking people," it's readability and bulletin board decorum. Just as CAPPING EVERY LETTER IS THE SAME AS YELLING AT PEOPLE, Capping The First Letter Of Every Word Makes It Harder To Read. A few malcontents can claim "artistic freedom" all they want...I'd love to see them write a business letter that way.

It's almost as annoying as saying u r 4 this.

No matter what a bunch of texting, juvenile, grammar-butchering Internet jockeys want to believe (and I'm speaking in general terms here), the English language has manuals of style for a reason, just as 2+2=4 - standardization makes it easier for everyone to communicate.
Old 11/8/08, 11:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
No matter what a bunch of texting, juvenile, grammar-butchering Internet jockeys want to believe (and I'm speaking in general terms here), the English language has manuals of style for a reason, just as 2+2=4 - standardization makes it easier for everyone to communicate.
Old 11/9/08, 01:15 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
The Fusion Sport is getting 255/45 R 18's. The Mustang GT should have at least 285's.
Hmmmm.... I dont see that happening, I bet you'd see 255/45R18's or 255/40R19's on a GT before a set of 285's. I know going from a 235/50R18 AS tire to a 255/45R18 summer tire cost me around a mile or two in mpg numbers. Then theres the matter of unsprung weight for the S-197, it seems Ford is loath (and with good reason) to let unsprung weight get past what the current 235/50R18 Fanblade wheel weighs. (Fun fact: Using BFG 255/45R18 KDWs on Bullitt wheels saves 4 pounds per tire over 235/50R18 KDWSs on Fanblades per Tire Rack's tire and wheel weight figures).
Old 11/10/08, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

"(Fun fact: Using BFG 255/45R18 KDWs on Bullitt wheels saves 4 pounds per tire over 235/50R18 KDWSs on Fanblades per Tire Rack's tire and wheel weight figures)."

Now THAT is good info...