Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/13, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
Do you get mad when someone makes a Factory5 Cobra and labels it as such?
an exact replica is that, EXACT! plus people usually say its a kit car...so its understood

The black shelby above looks very sinister!

Now for the R version, I see what you are trying to do, its your car. However you gotta change a few things if you are trying to replicate the look. The front bumper is wrong and the front emblem is on the wrong side. Other than that it looks good
Old 2/1/13, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by M3hunter
Great looking Mustang, but I prefer the way it looked with the GT fog lights, like you had it before this last change.
Looks sick man, love the painted IM!
Old 2/1/13, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by devious_stang
an exact replica is that, EXACT! plus people usually say its a kit car...so its understood
I doubt any of the new kit cars that claim the Shelby Cobra name have the exact same components and what not. I understand what everyone is getting at, but in the end he could call it a GT500KR Boss 302/S Super Snake, and everyone knows it isn't that so whats the big deal.
Old 2/1/13, 11:21 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I doubt any of the new kit cars that claim the Shelby Cobra name have the exact same components and what not. I understand what everyone is getting at, but in the end he could call it a GT500KR Boss 302/S Super Snake, and everyone knows it isn't that so whats the big deal.
There are a lot of mustang purist, both on here and on the street. Do what you want, but expect to be bashed by those in the know, especially if you decide to show the car.

I like the GT/CS stripes on the sides, I'm actually going to go get them once the weather clears up and get something similar, but I won't put GT/CS on it, I won't badge it as something it isn't... with GHIG I want to break up the solid green on the side with a little black... my OTT stripes look real nice, and I have a few mods planned (RTR rims when I get new tires, boss 302 exhaust in a month, with GT500 AB's)... I might even get a few boss 302 parts, but it'll always have the 5.0 badge on the side, and the GT on the back...

I agree, calling it a GT500R is like the sock or padded bra analogy....
Old 2/1/13, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Xar

There are a lot of mustang purist, both on here and on the street. Do what you want, but expect to be bashed by those in the know, especially if you decide to show the car.

I like the GT/CS stripes on the sides, I'm actually going to go get them once the weather clears up and get something similar, but I won't put GT/CS on it, I won't badge it as something it isn't... with GHIG I want to break up the solid green on the side with a little black... my OTT stripes look real nice, and I have a few mods planned (RTR rims when I get new tires, boss 302 exhaust in a month, with GT500 AB's)... I might even get a few boss 302 parts, but it'll always have the 5.0 badge on the side, and the GT on the back...

I agree, calling it a GT500R is like the sock or padded bra analogy....
I agree to a point. I don't believe you should stripe something it isn't either. Don't put the boss 302 stripes on one that isn't. Any mustang enthusiast will know it isn't and you will be looked down upon. But What I do agree with is, it's your car do what you want regardless of what others think.
Old 2/1/13, 11:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes. It blows my mind that people would put padded bras in their socks.

Surely, they are fooling no one. It has to be hard to walk in as well. Haha

Last edited by Getportfolio; 2/1/13 at 12:33 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I have fun with my car, i put things like BOSS LT on it and GT500R because real mustang guys would know such doesnt exist and if they had any sense of humor that would get a good laugh at it ... however its also funny for me when i had a BOSS LT side stripe and a 5.0 above it and GT on the back panel, still how many people told me i had a nice BOSS and i had to explain to them how its not a boss and i put the side stripe on to be funny because its a BOSS LITE ...

so now i put this GT500R side stripe on it... R i added for Replica, its funny to people who enjoy a laugh here and there

dont you guys dare put anything on your car that was not on your car before to make it what its not !! gosh!
Old 2/1/13, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by BOSS302R
I have fun with my car, i put things like BOSS LT on it and GT500R because real mustang guys would know such doesnt exist and if they had any sense of humor that would get a good laugh at it ... however its also funny for me when i had a BOSS LT side stripe and a 5.0 above it and GT on the back panel, still how many people told me i had a nice BOSS and i had to explain to them how its not a boss and i put the side stripe on to be funny because its a BOSS LITE ...

so now i put this GT500R side stripe on it... R i added for Replica, its funny to people who enjoy a laugh here and there

dont you guys dare put anything on your car that was not on your car before to make it what its not !! gosh!
You make me not want to put new suspension on my car because then it will not longer be a Boss 302 it will be some abomination. Thank you for opening my eyes. I will take the brake ducts off once I get home. Any LS owners need a second set of ducts?
Old 2/1/13, 12:12 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

This discussion comes up on every forum almost monthly, followed by multiple posts.

In the end rarely does the owner ever become influenced to the point the remove the "clone badges".

Personally it doesn't bother me what someone else does to their car. I only care what I do to my own.

What I find is interesting is how you do seem to care what others think as to why you make it a point to rebadge. Concern yourself with your own car and less about infuriating the other guy. Seems like you would enjoy the hobby more.

Just my opinion.
Old 2/1/13, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is his car. There is nothing wrong with him personalizing it as he sees fit. As long as he doesn't try to pass it off as "the real thing" when he sells it, he is doing nothing to hurt our hobby. I respect and enjoy a "correct" and "original" car as much as anyone, but "purists" need to take their noses out of the air and respect the fact that everyone has the right to build their own car the way they want it.

I think his car looks great. Would I make the same choices with my car? Probably not - but I respect his right to mod his car as he sees fit, and I appreciate the pride and enthusiasm he brings to our hobby.
Old 2/1/13, 12:49 PM
GT Member

If that were an import, you would be calling it a ricer...
Old 2/1/13, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jaywoo
If that were an import, you would be calling it a ricer...
Only if it wasn't done tastefully, which his is.
Old 2/1/13, 01:05 PM
GT Member

Only if it wasn't done tastefully, which his is.
Taste is a matter of opinion though. You'd probably define a ricer as someone that is putting big wings on a car (which hasn't been done here), Badging it for something it's not like a type "R" (ahem), crappy exhaust, etc.

Not my car though, so I couldn't care less. I will say that I'd never do a mod to a Mustang just to make other Mustang owners laugh at it.

Edit: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

Last edited by jaywoo; 2/1/13 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2/1/13, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Taste is a matter of opinion though. You'd probably define a ricer as someone that is putting big wings on a car (which hasn't been done here), Badging it for something it's not like a type "R" (ahem), crappy exhaust, etc.

Not my car though, so I couldn't care less. I will say that I'd never do a mod to a Mustang just to make other Mustang owners laugh at it.

Edit: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer
Ricer Name:  ricer.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  52.5 KB
Not
Old 2/1/13, 01:23 PM
GT Member

I don't disagree with that at all. You don't see a single Badge on the Toyota. That car is all business.
Old 2/1/13, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I don't disagree with that at all. You don't see a single Badge on the Toyota. That car is all business.
I guess I can agree with you somewhat then. It drives me nuts for some reason when someone puts a Honda badge on an Acura, I know they are the same car but it just seems a little silly. Though BOSS302R is at least staying in the same manufacturer, I would be a little t/o'ed if he had a Jag badge on the car or vice versa.
Old 2/1/13, 01:39 PM
Banned

MY NEW GT 5.0

Old 2/1/13, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

Black GT 5.0 Thank You for interrupting that nonsense! And beautiful car btw! It's clearly a GT
Old 2/1/13, 02:30 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by ManInABox
Black GT 5.0 Thank You for interrupting that nonsense! And beautiful car btw! It's clearly a GT
Old 2/1/13, 04:52 PM

Do you get mad when someone makes a Factory5 Cobra and labels it as such?
Dunno if it's just me, but when I see a Cobra I automatically assume it's a replica.

Some action shots from Harris Hill Road:

Autocross pics:

Yes, the tires marked for the left were on the right and vice versa on purpose :P

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY