Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/16, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe, thanks for making me miss my car badly. lol. She's been stored for almost 3 months now (since early Nov.). I haven't started her, or even seen her in the sunlight anymore. I just see the silhouette of her in the garage, and start longing. I can't imagine how she will be with Headers this spring/summer. I'm stoked. She'll be loud.

That being said, Gabe, your ride looks awesome man. Love the stance, and the wheels (18's?). Enjoy her, sir.
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Looking great Gabe!
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Nice bro. I cannot wait to take mine out again!
Thanks guys ... it sure was nice to hear her start up (especially in the garage), hear her running, and sit in there with her ready to run!

Back in the garage now, girlfriend's Subaru's valve adjustment all done, car now running awesome, and no more loud ticking!!! I'm stoked!!!
Old 1/25/16, 07:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Pretty awesome Nathan. What parts do you have to install?
Oh boy. lol Steeda front and rear sway bars, Steeda LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets, Roush side splitters, Kooks side pipes, new halos for fog lights (to replace the raxioms), various LED bulbs, and my new wheels (still needs tires). Thinking I may want to go a little lower too, so possibly replacing the steeda sports as well. Need to see my new wheels on though.
Nathan.. What's your IG name again? I thought I already added you but I'm not sure
I'm pretty sure you added me, but it's "snnotch". SN is the paint code for sonic blue as in blue notch. So that's where that comes from.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 1/25/16 at 07:29 PM.
Old 1/26/16, 12:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Nate, if you go lower, you'll have to buy more parts. You'll need an adjustable UCA, and may as well do the mount too. I'd also do a bump steer kit, and maybe front LCAs. After having the H&R springs, I loved the stance, but when you lower the car that much, you have to change a lot of other stuff to make it all work well.

That's why I can't wait to get my bags on lol.
Old 1/26/16, 01:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Nathan.. What's your IG name again? I thought I already added you but I'm not sure
You didnt add me after i added you

haha i dont post anything either-way, so who cares, just givin you a hard time
Old 1/26/16, 04:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Oh boy. lol Steeda front and rear sway bars, Steeda LCAs, BMR LCA relocation brackets, Roush side splitters, Kooks side pipes, new halos for fog lights (to replace the raxioms), various LED bulbs, and my new wheels (still needs tires). Thinking I may want to go a little lower too, so possibly replacing the steeda sports as well. Need to see my new wheels on though. I'm pretty sure you added me, but it's "snnotch". SN is the paint code for sonic blue as in blue notch. So that's where that comes from.
Nathan... Can you please expand or provide more details on the Kooks side pipes? (Part #, relative cost, fitment, sound, etc). Is it the H pipe replacement but comes with side pipes ala the Boss H pipe? I'm looking to get Kooks LTHs and Hi flow cats this spring, so maybe this is another option??? Thanks man. And yes undid addition on IG!

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
You didnt add me after i added you

haha i dont post anything either-way, so who cares, just givin you a hard time
Alex, you added me? Which one are you lol... I didn't know. Sorry.

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/26/16 at 04:18 AM.
Old 1/26/16, 09:24 AM

Lets see your latest Pics

Nathan... Can you please expand or provide more details on the Kooks side pipes? (Part #, relative cost, fitment, sound, etc). Is it the H pipe replacement but comes with side pipes ala the Boss H pipe? I'm looking to get Kooks LTHs and Hi flow cats this spring, so maybe this is another option??? Thanks man. And yes undid addition on IG! Alex, you added me? Which one are you lol... I didn't know. Sorry.
Not sure on the part number but they're not very hard to find. They bolt right up to the Boss h-pipe (which I already have) or Kooks h-pipe with the side outlets. I love the sound of the Boss side pipes but I wanted them a bit louder which the Kooks should help with. They provide a more surround sound effect when it comes to the exhaust vs most of the sound coming from axle-backs in the rear. They run a little over $550 but I found some used in great shape for under $300.

Here's a link: http://www.hypermotive.com/kooks-bos...depipes-11-14/

Mid-pipe for LTs: http://www.hypermotive.com/kooks-3-c...-h-pipe-11-14/

Originally Posted by laserred38
Nate, if you go lower, you'll have to buy more parts. You'll need an adjustable UCA, and may as well do the mount too. I'd also do a bump steer kit, and maybe front LCAs. After having the H&R springs, I loved the stance, but when you lower the car that much, you have to change a lot of other stuff to make it all work well.

That's why I can't wait to get my bags on lol.
I was planning on possibly doing the UCA later down the road anyways. I don't want bagged low. Not a fan of the tires under the fenders look but maybe another .25-.5". The adjustability would be nice however. I need an alignment anyways and it'd be nice to only have to do it once. I'll see how it looks when I get my wheels put on in another month or two.
Old 1/26/16, 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I was planning on possibly doing the UCA later down the road anyways. I don't want bagged low. Not a fan of the tires under the fenders look but maybe another .25-.5". The adjustability would be nice however. I need an alignment anyways and it'd be nice to only have to do it once. I'll see how it looks when I get my wheels put on in another month or two.
Even with the Steeda's, I'd still do the UCA and mount. After dealing with two rear end rebuilds, you really want to have that pinion angle set correctly. I know Steeda says it's not needed with their springs, but I'm now a firm believer that if you alter the geometry of the rear end at all, you'd want the adjustable UCA to get the pinion angle perfectly in spec. Being lowered on my stock one didn't cause my issues, but the angle was WAY off with the stock UCA and the H&R Supersports. You've seen my pics...it was pretty dang low. Unless you go coilovers, you won't get any springs lower than that.

The thing about the bags is, I won't be driving it that low. A lot of people I know try to creep down with their ride height, but I'd honestly probably drive it just about where the Steeda springs lower the car, but then when I park - air out obviously haha. The lower you go, the more stress you put on everything else. I sold off all my BMR stuff that I had, so now I need to repurchase it all. I need to talk to Jay to see if it's possible to run a watts link with bags. I think it could cause issues when I'd air out, but I have no idea. In my mind it just seems like it might not let me fully air out.
Old 1/26/16, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Even with the Steeda's, I'd still do the UCA and mount. After dealing with two rear end rebuilds, you really want to have that pinion angle set correctly. I know Steeda says it's not needed with their springs, but I'm now a firm believer that if you alter the geometry of the rear end at all, you'd want the adjustable UCA to get the pinion angle perfectly in spec. Being lowered on my stock one didn't cause my issues, but the angle was WAY off with the stock UCA and the H&R Supersports. You've seen my pics...it was pretty dang low. Unless you go coilovers, you won't get any springs lower than that.

The thing about the bags is, I won't be driving it that low. A lot of people I know try to creep down with their ride height, but I'd honestly probably drive it just about where the Steeda springs lower the car, but then when I park - air out obviously haha. The lower you go, the more stress you put on everything else. I sold off all my BMR stuff that I had, so now I need to repurchase it all. I need to talk to Jay to see if it's possible to run a watts link with bags. I think it could cause issues when I'd air out, but I have no idea. In my mind it just seems like it might not let me fully air out.
Maybe I'll wait til next time it goes on sale. It seems like a huge pain to install, and that's what's keeping me away from it more than anything. I don't have access to a lift and I hate having to pay someone for something I should be able to do on my own.

The H&Rs really did look great, but I already scrape my side pipes in my driveway if I'm not careful. Did you problems have anything to do with the Torsen? I've just got the regular rear end with 3.55s.
Old 1/26/16, 12:20 PM
I Have No Life

Not sure on the part number but they're not very hard to find. They bolt right up to the Boss h-pipe (which I already have) or Kooks h-pipe with the side outlets. I love the sound of the Boss side pipes but I wanted them a bit louder which the Kooks should help with. They provide a more surround sound effect when it comes to the exhaust vs most of the sound coming from axle-backs in the rear. They run a little over $550 but I found some used in great shape for under $300.

Here's a link: http://www.hypermotive.com/kooks-bos...depipes-11-14/

Mid-pipe for LTs: http://www.hypermotive.com/kooks-3-c...-h-pipe-11-14/
Thanks for the info, Nathan. So, I might have to alter my plans. Because I really do like the side pipes too.

So please correct me on what I would need:

Kooks LTH (1-7/8)
Kooks green catted H pipe
Kooks side pipes

?

Sorry but I can't open the links here at work.

Maybe I'll wait til next time it goes on sale. It seems like a huge pain to install, and that's what's keeping me away from it more than anything. I don't have access to a lift and I hate having to pay someone for something I should be able to do on my own.

The H&Rs really did look great, but I already scrape my side pipes in my driveway if I'm not careful. Did you problems have anything to do with the Torsen? I've just got the regular rear end with 3.55s.
FWIW, I have been on Steeda springs for almost 3 years now, with no issues to any of my suspension components. I also had Ford K springs for almost a year prior to that. Only current suspension upgrades are BMR panhard bar, Koni yellows, and Steeda springs. 13k on car. Runs like a top. Then again, I don't drag or race, so not sure when environment your car sees.
Old 1/26/16, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

New Niche Milan 20x10 wheels with Nitto NT555 G2 275/35/20 tires on the front of the car:

Name:  20160126_NicheG2-06.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  379.1 KB

Name:  20160126_NicheG2-07.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  373.1 KB

Name:  20160126_NicheG2-08.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  335.5 KB

Name:  20160126_NicheG2-10.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  262.9 KB

Name:  20160126_NicheG2-11.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  338.6 KB
Old 1/26/16, 02:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
^^^Looks great!
Old 1/26/16, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info, Nathan. So, I might have to alter my plans. Because I really do like the side pipes too.

So please correct me on what I would need:

Kooks LTH (1-7/8)
Kooks green catted H pipe
Kooks side pipes

?

Sorry but I can't open the links here at work.

FWIW, I have been on Steeda springs for almost 3 years now, with no issues to any of my suspension components. I also had Ford K springs for almost a year prior to that. Only current suspension upgrades are BMR panhard bar, Koni yellows, and Steeda springs. 13k on car. Runs like a top. Then again, I don't drag or race, so not sure when environment your car sees.
Yes, just make sure it's the quad h-pipe so you can connect the side pipes to it.

And don't get me wrong, I've been very happy with my Steeda springs. I had some on my '02 as well and they're a great handling, high quality spring. I'm just thinking about going a bit lower, and that's where I may end up putting more stress on certain suspension components.
Old 1/26/16, 05:29 PM
I Have No Life

Yes, just make sure it's the quad h-pipe so you can connect the side pipes to it.

And don't get me wrong, I've been very happy with my Steeda springs. I had some on my '02 as well and they're a great handling, high quality spring. I'm just thinking about going a bit lower, and that's where I may end up putting more stress on certain suspension components.
Thanks man. So for the quad H pipe, it comes with a cap/cover, right? So if I decide to not get the side pipe just yet, it can still run/function?
Old 1/26/16, 05:50 PM

Thanks man. So for the quad H pipe, it comes with a cap/cover, right? So if I decide to not get the side pipe just yet, it can still run/function?
That I do not know. I would assume not, but the stock boss pipe does.
Old 1/26/16, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

^^^Looks great!
Thanks Tony!
Old 1/26/16, 07:27 PM
I Have No Life

That I do not know. I would assume not, but the stock boss pipe does.
Np man. I'll call Kooks and ask. I'd imagine they do.

As for your lowering, you sure you want it lower, Nathan? I think she looks perfect as is.
Old 1/26/16, 07:33 PM

Np man. I'll call Kooks and ask. I'd imagine they do.

As for your lowering, you sure you want it lower, Nathan? I think she looks perfect as is.
She looks good with the stock wheels, but I'm thinking I might want it a bit lower after I get the new wheels on. Aftermarket wheels tend to make the gap look much more monstrous than it really is. I'd probably only go another 1/4 to 1/2". Something like the Steeda Ultralites or the BMR handling springs. I like the look of the Eibach Sportlines but I think that's a bit too low and I keep hearing about quality issues with Eibach.
Old 1/26/16, 08:08 PM
I Have No Life

She looks good with the stock wheels, but I'm thinking I might want it a bit lower after I get the new wheels on. Aftermarket wheels tend to make the gap look much more monstrous than it really is. I'd probably only go another 1/4 to 1/2". Something like the Steeda Ultralites or the BMR handling springs. I like the look of the Eibach Sportlines but I think that's a bit too low and I keep hearing about quality issues with Eibach.
Ah ok... I forgot you're getting different wheels. If you're going 20's then yeah might look like a bigger gap. I have the steeda adjustables. So I can dial in whatever height I want. It ranges from really low to 2" I think. I love em.
Old 1/26/16, 09:07 PM

Ah ok... I forgot you're getting different wheels. If you're going 20's then yeah might look like a bigger gap. I have the steeda adjustables. So I can dial in whatever height I want. It ranges from really low to 2" I think. I love em.
How do those work? I they coilovers or just springs?
Old 1/28/16, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

New rear wheels/tires mounted/balanced today and installed on the car.
Looks like I might have to adjust the panhard bar a tiny bit toward the right, but the bar is gonna get replaced by a BMR Watts link soon anyway.

Absolutely love the look

Name:  20160128_Niche1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  358.8 KB

Name:  20160128_Niche2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  385.5 KB

Name:  20160128_Niche3.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  319.6 KB

Name:  20160128_Niche4.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  313.4 KB

Name:  20160128_Niche5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  347.5 KB

Name:  20160128_Niche6b.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  397.3 KB

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY