2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/15, 03:35 PM
CWO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post. Not much for talking. But I enjoy reading through the forums. Lots of good info. Tons of great ideas and inspiration. Reminds each time why I went with a mustang. Endless on what we can do with these from performance to appearance. I need to save up more cash. Im not much of a photographer. I really would like to set up a pro shoot sometime. Just cant bring myself to it yet because every penny I spend is one less I can spend on her...the car. So, here she is. Lexi, my wifes name for her. I refer to her as black sunshine...might be leaning towards punisher. Thank you all for the advise and photos with specs. It's helped me move forward on the things I've done.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dscn0968.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dscn0972.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-imag0333.jpg  
Old 5/29/15, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by CWO
This is my first post. Not much for talking. But I enjoy reading through the forums. Lots of good info. Tons of great ideas and inspiration. Reminds each time why I went with a mustang. Endless on what we can do with these from performance to appearance. I need to save up more cash. Im not much of a photographer. I really would like to set up a pro shoot sometime. Just cant bring myself to it yet because every penny I spend is one less I can spend on her...the car. So, here she is. Lexi, my wifes name for her. I refer to her as black sunshine...might be leaning towards punisher. Thank you all for the advise and photos with specs. It's helped me move forward on the things I've done.
Beautiful
Old 5/29/15, 04:03 PM
CWO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GrnT, Thank you. I find it wild the first response to this is from someone from my wife and I hometown. Apple Valley, MN. All our family is up there. Small world. Thank you again and take care.
Old 5/29/15, 04:15 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by CWO
Man, that looks great Cory. Now You got me thinking about doing the black-out thing on my lights.
Old 5/29/15, 04:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by CWO

Welcome to TMS on behalf of some Canadians. Your car is excellent looking! You have put it all together quite well.
Old 5/29/15, 05:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nice Darren! Front end remained bug free or were you like me, in that I bring my detailing equipment with me everywhere?

Hahaha no i didn't detail it. I think the bugs were all blue and white, flying in the correct formation

A closer inspection would reveal some lost souls on the bumper for sure.
Old 5/29/15, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by CWO
GrnT, Thank you. I find it wild the first response to this is from someone from my wife and I hometown. Apple Valley, MN. All our family is up there. Small world. Thank you again and take care.
It's just a beautiful car. Timing is everything I guess. Hahaa
Old 5/29/15, 06:11 PM
FR500 Member

Cory

Did you use the black-out tint film on all your lights? Any bubbles or wrinkles? I had no luck with yellow fog lamp tint film, but that's a curved surface, plus I'm an idiot.

After seeing your pics, I think blacked lights (except maybe the fogs) would look pretty sinister on mine.

Also, I think it's safe to speak on behalf of everyone here that you really need to send more pics.

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 5/29/15 at 06:13 PM.
Old 5/29/15, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Cory

Did you use the black-out tint film on all your lights? Any bubbles or wrinkles? I had no luck with yellow fog lamp tint film, but that's a curved surface, plus I'm an idiot.

After seeing your pics, I think blacked lights (except maybe the fogs) would look pretty sinister on mine.

Also, I think it's safe to speak on behalf of everyone here that you really need to send more pics.
When I tinted a few of mine, this is what I got: http://www.anchor-room.com/product_i...iekjgnbbhli830

I have only tinted the front and rear side markers and rear reflectors, but I still have the tint for the rest, in case I decide I want to completely black it out...
Old 5/29/15, 06:40 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
When I tinted a few of mine, this is what I got: http://www.anchor-room.com/product_i...iekjgnbbhli830

I have only tinted the front and rear side markers and rear reflectors, but I still have the tint for the rest, in case I decide I want to completely black it out...

Thanks for sending the link Jay.....that kit price is way better than some of the usual vendors. I'm ordering a set.
Old 5/29/15, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sending the link Jay.....that kit price is way better than some of the usual vendors. I'm ordering a set.
No problem!

Yeah, I saw someone else post them quite a while back (I have had mine for almost 2 years now!) and figured I'd give them a try, especially since the price didn't break the bank! I am horrible with vinyl too, so I was glad when I was able to get the markers done and didn't want to press my luck on the other ones... LOL!
Old 5/29/15, 07:10 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
No problem!

Yeah, I saw someone else post them quite a while back (I have had mine for almost 2 years now!) and figured I'd give them a try, especially since the price didn't break the bank! I am horrible with vinyl too, so I was glad when I was able to get the markers done and didn't want to press my luck on the other ones... LOL!
Yeah, for less than $50 it's no big deal if I screw up or they end up looking stupid. The kit even comes with fog tint, so I'll give that another shot.
Old 5/29/15, 10:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Cory

Tom did you take your grille off to do the tint? I should have given you more instructions, sorry about that. I should do light tint on the side...it's one of the things I can say I am pretty dang good at.
Old 5/30/15, 04:35 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Tom did you take your grille off to do the tint? I should have given you more instructions, sorry about that. I should do light tint on the side...it's one of the things I can say I am pretty dang good at.
No, I left it on and tried to tuck the excess under the plastic fog lamp trim. I even used a heat gun. I'm very good at taking things apart. I need to practice putting things back together correctly though. When I was a kid my Erector Set projects never looked the same twice.

I don't anticipate a problem with doing the head lights and side markers since they're flat surfaces.

I'll give the new blacked-out fog film another shot. Maybe the material is thinner than the yellow tint I got elsewhere. If I fail, I have plenty of black Sharpie pens and I'll make my own tint.
Old 5/30/15, 08:42 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

No, I left it on and tried to tuck the excess under the plastic fog lamp trim. I even used a heat gun. I'm very good at taking things apart. I need to practice putting things back together correctly though. When I was a kid my Erector Set projects never looked the same twice.

I don't anticipate a problem with doing the head lights and side markers since they're flat surfaces.

I'll give the new blacked-out fog film another shot. Maybe the material is thinner than the yellow tint I got elsewhere. If I fail, I have plenty of black Sharpie pens and I'll make my own tint.
Thats the spirit! Aim for perfection but don't expect it
Old 5/30/15, 09:34 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Thats the spirit! Aim for perfection but don't expect it

I have low expectations and even lower standards. When I date a woman pretty much my only criteria is that she has a pulse. But I'm not above a compromise there either.
Old 5/30/15, 11:47 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by CWO
Looking great bro!
Old 5/30/15, 01:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
My honest opinion, skip the stripes. Leave it naked. The stripes make it look common. No stripes make it look more classy. Your car needs no distractions. It's beautiful as is.
Thanks and I hear you about going too crazy and it distracting. I've always wanted stripes on my car. I didn't do it to my 2000 because I've always felt like those cars really Werner suited for stripes because of the way the car tapered in the front.

Just put the nose piece on the hood today.

Old 5/30/15, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice work!
Old 5/30/15, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wax and new rims!
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dscf6547-3-.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-dscf6548-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY