2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/14, 01:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Posting this for no particular reason, other than hoping I can make FromZto5 shudder noticeably as he imagines Marilyn in the conditions Lucy is enjoying right now. Blizzaks FTW!

Old 2/10/14, 02:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
I'm going to specify to the repair shop that I don't want them to do anything to the car other than replace that panel. No buffing, cleaning, washing, anything.

Once they get the panel and get it painted, there is no reason it should take longer than a day to get the car finished.

Once I get a tracking unit installed on it, I'm mainly just worried about them trying to take it for a spin or similar. Will probably setup a mykey for it(even though the shop I am more than likely to take it is a dealer shop), plus, on Saturday I completely scrubbed out the inside of all the fender wells, so I will be able to tell if anyone does a burnout or similar.

I know I am paranoid as ****, but I just feel violated. Especially on a 2 month old car. And I was planning a trip up to Dallas this month with the mustang that has to be cancelled now.
You know, that's another aspect that I forgot about... the joyriding possibility. I know it's probably very rare that it occurs, but jokes aside, I do know of 2 people, myself being one of them, where that occured. When I bought my Acura, my car had 10 miles, period. I picked it up a couple days later, it had 56. I about lost it with the general manager. None of them could explain where the 46 extra miles came from. My other buddy took it to a shop to get some work done for the day. Comes back to pick it up and noticed the dirt on car, plus the extra miles. Shop attributed it to "test drives to verify the work done". Excessive no doubt.

2 months old??? Sorry about that man... that is crazy.

And to deal with the "depreciated value" on my 2 month old car? That would seriously drive me insane. I'm very sorry to hear that. Not sure if I could look/feel at my car the same way Sue that dude.... (I know it's not really feasible... but just sayin')

Have some more carnage.

Attachment 152737
Please no more...

Originally Posted by CiniZter
yesterday night at local car meet - stangs of houston
Nice Shiaz!!! But is that a Chevy Lumina parked next to you??? WTF... why didn't you park next to something more worthy?

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Posting this for no particular reason, other than hoping I can make FromZto5 shudder noticeably as he imagines Marilyn in the conditions Lucy is enjoying right now. Blizzaks FTW!
Kyle, you were successful at once again making me cringe on mustangs. Between a handful of you guys with snow pics plus Narphenal's carnage, I am paranoid about my car now. I need to go home and put a fence around my car. With my luck, the fence will fall into it, scratching her all to hell... LOL.

Marilyn and I need some quality alone time together. I need to give her an 8 hour detail, top to bottom...
Old 2/10/14, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have some more carnage.
:wince:
Old 2/10/14, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
You know, that's another aspect that I forgot about... the joyriding possibility. I know it's probably very rare that it occurs, but jokes aside, I do know of 2 people, myself being one of them, where that occured. When I bought my Acura, my car had 10 miles, period. I picked it up a couple days later, it had 56. I about lost it with the general manager. None of them could explain where the 46 extra miles came from. My other buddy took it to a shop to get some work done for the day. Comes back to pick it up and noticed the dirt on car, plus the extra miles. Shop attributed it to "test drives to verify the work done". Excessive no doubt.

2 months old??? Sorry about that man... that is crazy.

And to deal with the "depreciated value" on my 2 month old car? That would seriously drive me insane. I'm very sorry to hear that. Not sure if I could look/feel at my car the same way Sue that dude.... (I know it's not really feasible... but just sayin')
That's why I want to hide a tracker in the car, so if it goes over "x" speed limit or out of "x" area, I will have physical proof and can go tear into some ***. I'm an extremely nice and reasonable guy, as long as other people treat me the same way. I'll probably make a thread/guide to document how I handle the situation, similar to the other MustangSource member, so people can learn from my experience and see how I handle the situation.

Just got off the phone with the insurance people. They are going to send an estimator/appraiser to my house within the next two days to gauge the damage. The lady was extremely nice and apologetic, so far so good.

You can bet your *** I'm going to go after money to make up for the depreciated value on the car, however small it is. And, scars help us learn from our mistakes, this is definitely a learning experience for me. Life could be a lot worse, I just have to be thankful for what I do have, and that I am in good health. Most people my age would probably love to have to worry about a crushed fender on a new mustang. At least there is only body damage(from my inspections).

Just ordered an MGW shifter to help myself feel better.

Last edited by narphenal; 2/10/14 at 02:47 PM.
Old 2/10/14, 02:49 PM
I Have No Life

^ Well stated. I agree, we all have better things in life to be thankful for. It just sucks that even though it's a "material" thing, it's something that WE worked very hard for, and that we value a lot, and has sentimental meaning to us. And to have that all damaged by irresponsible people (granted, an accident, but still, if he was careful, it would not have happened) gets me livid.

Keep us posted on the estimator/updates. Now you have me glued to your events.

As far as the MGW purchase... GREAT FIND. As you know, I've had my MGW on mine since almost new. One of my best mods.
Old 2/10/14, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

^ Well stated. I agree, we all have better things in life to be thankful for. It just sucks that even though it's a "material" thing, it's something that WE worked very hard for, and that we value a lot, and has sentimental meaning to us. And to have that all damaged by irresponsible people (granted, an accident, but still, if he was careful, it would not have happened) gets me livid.

Keep us posted on the estimator/updates. Now you have me glued to your events.

As far as the MGW purchase... GREAT FIND. As you know, I've had my MGW on mine since almost new. One of my best mods.
Just got a call from the estimator. Going to be stopping by my work tomorrow mid day(which unfortunately means I am going to have to drive it up to work, I'll just stick in the right lane so most people won't see the fender, lol)

Did you see the new revision to the MGW?

Old 2/10/14, 03:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just got a call from the estimator. Going to be stopping by my work tomorrow mid day(which unfortunately means I am going to have to drive it up to work, I'll just stick in the right lane so most people won't see the fender, lol)

Did you see the new revision to the MGW?

2014 MGW Revision
Now with sound!
Old 2/10/14, 03:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,223 Posts
The abridged:
Got asked to go grab some dog food, looked it up online, PetsMart said they closed at 7 on the website. Get to petsmart, me and five other people are walking up to the door, and they are closed(they all looked it up online). Leaving parking lot, and somebody backs into me. His truck was lifted just high enough to not hit the wheel. Nice guy, exchanged insurance information, screamed at the top of my lungs the whole way home(not joking), resisted punching the **** out of everything on my way home, and made a claim.
Pretty much sums up how I would have handled it. That sucks. Sorry man.

Originally Posted by 08mojo
Wheels are velgen vmb5. 20x9 et35 front and 20x10.5 et45 rear. 255/35 and the 295/30.

Looks killer man!
Old 2/10/14, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you see the new revision to the MGW? Video Link: http://youtu.be/yoIhvvms_Rs
Interesting. I've been putting off buying one for so long. Will be buying one this month though. Finally!
Old 2/10/14, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Pretty much sums up how I would have handled it. That sucks. Sorry man.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Interesting. I've been putting off buying one for so long. Will be buying one this month though. Finally!
Same here. From when I talked to them last week, they should be in stock this week, so now would be a good time to order one!

I already have the 401A Shift Boot, so I ordered the shifter and the classic black ball(the revision comes with the deluxe jam nut and washer).

I'll have to get it installed before I take it to the shop, so I can make sure the employees don't miss second to third when they take it for a joyride
Old 2/10/14, 04:12 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks! Same here. From when I talked to them last week, they should be in stock this week, so now would be a good time to order one! I already have the 401A Shift Boot, so I ordered the shifter and the classic black ball(the revision comes with the deluxe jam nut and washer). I'll have to get it installed before I take it to the shop, so I can make sure the employees don't miss second to third when they take it for a joyride
That's awesome sir. I bought both white and black shift cue *****... So I can switch on the fly.

What's new about the MGW shifter from when I got mine?
Old 2/10/14, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

That's awesome sir. I bought both white and black shift cue *****... So I can switch on the fly. What's new about the MGW shifter from when I got mine?
more streamlined, can use the factory dust boot, easier to service, bushings are even larger than the previous model, not clamshelled etc.

I debated on getting both.

Last edited by narphenal; 2/10/14 at 04:34 PM.
Old 2/10/14, 05:06 PM
I Have No Life

more streamlined, can use the factory dust boot, easier to service, bushings are even larger than the previous model, not clamshelled etc. I debated on getting both.
That's neat to know... Proof that technology keeps evolving for the better. I wonder if it's worth buying and installing a new one.
Old 2/10/14, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Jumping on this asap
Old 2/10/14, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This thread needs more pictures and less chatter!
Old 2/10/14, 06:32 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
This thread needs more pictures and less chatter!
And less mustangs in snow pics
Old 2/10/14, 06:37 PM
V6 Member

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image-749156540.jpg

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image-3611380142.jpg

My new alarm system! BEWARE! Lmao
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image-689053095.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image-1740453800.jpg  

Last edited by BadAzzMobile; 2/10/14 at 06:39 PM.
Old 2/10/14, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Here is my frozen '14 at work. Rarely do we get weather like this in Mississippi. The ice was still on the car when I got to work.

Name:  frozen-stang_zps28cf92ba.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  230.3 KB

Last edited by Automatic 5.0; 2/10/14 at 06:53 PM.
Old 2/10/14, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I was out to sea when my daughter took this picture. Luckily the car was in the driveway instead of the parking lot at work.

Name:  frozen-stang2_zps24645687.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  318.8 KB
Old 2/10/14, 07:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Burton,..............did you say "less snowy" pics?! lol
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-20140112_143524.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY