Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Just saw My first Edge at the dealer

Old 12/20/06, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw My first Edge at the dealer

I must say I was seriously impressed, The car is beautiful it was not even fully loaded (most package options are not available until after the new year, Job 2?). Still this car is a stunner (saw it in Black) the seats were very comfortable and with foward leaning head rests, a must for me after having a Mustang as I got so use to the back of my head having instant support rather then having to put my head back to fully rest it; of course I could just have bad posture.

The Edge has some serious style to it from the oversized door handle to the properly done clear tail lights (they look nice not rice) and man is the interior spacious without the car feeling like a tank. The ergonomics are perfect the rear passenger area is evenly spaced and even with both front seats moved all the way back I never felt cramped. The Edge sits pretty high also seems a little higher then the Freestyle but not as high as an Explorer (very ideal for people that are a little intimidated by big high sitting Trucks). The interior plastics seemed to be better quality then our Stangs, and were fit tight.

The center stack had a water fall cascade that flowed to the shifter (which looked nice with the crome accents) also the center console storage was very surprising with the iPod adapter, but was also extremely deep and could easily hold alot of DVD's (probably for the DVD player option). A nice touch was putting in rear passenger heating and air conditioning vents, but not in the roof like is A typical (which I hate as the the air then always blows on your face) but these are placed toward the bottom of the center console storage compartment and can be angled to any direction without making the windows fog up.

Overall I was very impressed as was my Mother who was with me, she is not a car person and really does not care what she drives but when she saw it she said "oh my this is beautiful" she really liked the Edges height and the exterior especially the rear spoiler and front end and how the lights flow with the tribar grill. My father is big on luxury and all he did was see the book we brought home and instantly liked it. The cargo area is nice as well, not cluttered by bulky plastic mouldings just open and clean. This is the kind of design Ford needs, it looks way better then the Nissan Murano and has plenty of style. Needless to say my parents want one and hope to place an order soon. Way to go Ford!
Old 12/21/06, 01:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, PARAGRAPHS
Old 12/21/06, 02:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are nice.http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...48&postcount=5

Couple pics in the post after that one.
Old 12/28/06, 04:46 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Treadhead
They are nice.http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...48&postcount=5

Couple pics in the post after that one.
"...t took me three tries to realize it was actually running after I turned the key. It was so quiet and smooth that you couldn't tell it started up."

I'd call that a very good sign. Speaks to the work Ford put into NVH...and overall refinement.

The exterior of the Edge is sublime - really gives Ford a wonderfully bold identity.

I'm less convinced on the interior, however. Not bad, but not particularly inspired, either, with lots of bargain basement switchgear still in abundance. Ford's not making strides with interiors the way GM is.
Old 12/31/06, 06:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Ford's not making strides with interiors the way GM is.
I have to slightly agree with you here, We are renting a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and the interior is not only pretty nice, but it does not feel cheap and the plastics are virtually seamless. Still the Edge both inside and out is light years away from the past Ford interiors, and being a Ford guy (as is my Father) it's a good this as the chances of us buying a Chevy are slim to none.
Old 12/31/06, 06:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Theyre building them up here in Oakville so I've seen whacks of them. I do agree that they are pretty nice. Not a car that I would buy, but a good step for Ford.
Old 12/31/06, 08:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree it looks and sounds good for FORD. The interior pic is the first I have seen. I will need to see that one in person.
Old 12/31/06, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I have to slightly agree with you here, We are renting a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and the interior is not only pretty nice, but it does not feel cheap and the plastics are virtually seamless. Still the Edge both inside and out is light years away from the past Ford interiors, and being a Ford guy (as is my Father) it's a good this as the chances of us buying a Chevy are slim to none.
The best Ford interior I had was in my 85 T-bird Elan' 5.0 Very thick carpet ,Digital dash, 6 way highback Powerseats that had power recline on both driver and passager seats Sunroof and 60s all around Sold in 2001 with 210k miles! Will post pics later
Old 1/6/07, 01:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I as well just saw one a the dealer and let me tell you....Pictures do not do this vehicle justice!!! They are WAY COOL!! Bigger than I expected too...I want one......wait...first I want money....and then I want one.