Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2009 Lincoln MKS...Naked on Batman Set!

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/07, 12:54 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moosetang
I never liked the first-gen CTS styling, looked completely klepto. The current styling looks like it was actually deigned by an intelligent person. Not my cup of tea, that would be the Deco streamliner MKR, but much better. I think if Linc really embraces the MKR styling, though, they'll produce some really beautiful cars. Not just handsome like the MKS, I mean jaw-dropping. Hopefully the towncar replacement, the MKZ gen 2, and the eventual MKS gen 2 go down that road.
The MKR is the car that Lincoln MUST build if it is ever to be relevant again. What Ford should do is pump up the Lincoln lineup, get rid of Mercury, then remodel those old Mercury dealerships and make them Lincoln-exclusive. Start building the brand mystique and exclusivity once again.

I would buy this car. I mean, just look at it >>

Old 9/28/07, 06:20 AM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Start building the brand mystique and exclusivity once again.

I would buy this car. I mean, just look at it >>
Agreed.

I'd buy it, too. With all the bland-looking vehicles, even in the luxury segment, it would be refreshing to see something like the MKR. Love it or hate it, the look is distinctive.
Old 9/28/07, 12:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bt4
Agreed.

I'd buy it, too. With all the bland-looking vehicles, even in the luxury segment, it would be refreshing to see something like the MKR. Love it or hate it, the look is distinctive.
Yeah, it is very striking. The MKR and Interceptor concepts show that Ford still has some design talent. They just need to exercise it on production cars not just concepts.
Old 9/28/07, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Yeah, it is very striking. The MKR and Interceptor concepts show that Ford still has some design talent. They just need to exercise it on production cars not just concepts.
They do.....in the form of "oh we use styiling cues from this concept on that car, and a some other cues from this concept on this car." Too bad they never actually come out with production versions of the concepts....and until Ford decides what theyre going to do as far as global platforming goes, I dont think we'll see anything like the Interceptor for a while.
Old 9/28/07, 10:42 PM
FR500 Member

^^^ It seems that is more and more the case with Ford these days... =(
Nice ideas, but the execution leaves something to be desired.
Old 9/29/07, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cheech6g
They do.....in the form of "oh we use styiling cues from this concept on that car, and a some other cues from this concept on this car." Too bad they never actually come out with production versions of the concepts....and until Ford decides what theyre going to do as far as global platforming goes, I dont think we'll see anything like the Interceptor for a while.
But that's exactly what I meant. Ford needs to stop using watered down styling cues from its concept cars and just build the **** concept car!
Old 9/30/07, 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hi5.0
Personally I don't think it'll measure up to the Lexus or Acura - they're too well-sorted and established. F/L/M needs a more solid development and marketing approach before chasing after targets with "me-too" vehicles.

I'm still no lexus/acura fanboy by any means. They are cars with 0 personalty, try as they might, they will never make a Mercedes. They just feel like well put together, nicely equipped japanese appliances. I just took an 07 IS350 to lunch yesterday, after 6 or 7 minutes, I was done being interested in it. Had a rattle too, go figure. I don't give a **** what an Lexcura says on paper, MB's seem magical in comparison. The TL/IS have nothing on the new C class.

I kinda like the MKS styling though, now hopefully it will have *****.

I don't think they should dump Merc, I think they should bring in the FOE Mondeo and keep the sable/meriner and call it a day. And either use the S197 to resurect the forty-nine or build a cougar.
Old 9/30/07, 09:12 PM
FR500 Member

^^^ exactly what i'm afraid of - Ford/L/M may end up going the same route, it needs products that distinguish itself from the herd - not merely try to copy lexus/acura with the "me-too" approach. how else can Lincoln hope to one day produce luxury cars that will give the recognized segment leaders nightmares? =)