The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   2009 Lincoln MKS...Naked on Batman Set! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/2009-lincoln-mks-naked-batman-set-457293/)

Topnotch 9/4/07 03:13 PM

2009 Lincoln MKS...Naked on Batman Set!

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/ima...0b952cf8_o.jpg
http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LincolnMKSBatman1/

jsaylor 9/4/07 03:15 PM

I don't like that at all...in no way shape or form is this what a Lincoln should be.

Zastava_101 9/4/07 03:16 PM

Wow.

Moosetang 9/4/07 04:37 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised. Considering the treatment the Zeph/MKZ got, this is quite handsome. And it doesn't look a thing like the Taurus, which is a big plus.

SyNRG 9/5/07 11:06 AM

so far so good, especially the grille since the MKR version was waaaaay to big.:nice:

TomServo92 9/5/07 05:42 PM

I like it! I may have found the replacement for my wife's LS. :nice:

V10 9/5/07 06:28 PM

With the end of Lincoln LS production, I had pretty much given up on Lincoln. ( My daily driver is my 3rd LS). If the MKS drives and handles as good as it looks, Lincoln may have once again saved me as a customer, they just better change its name so something sensible, like Continental. Time do dump the stupid alphabet soup.

Moosetang 9/6/07 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 999069)
With the end of Lincoln LS production, I had pretty much given up on Lincoln. ( My daily driver is my 3rd LS). If the MKS drives and handles as good as it looks, Lincoln may have once again saved me as a customer, they just better change its name so something sensible, like Continental. Time do dump the stupid alphabet soup.

Just call it the "Mark S" instead of "Emm-Kay-Ess," sounds more Lincoln-y

jsaylor 9/6/07 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetang (Post 999600)
Just call it the "Mark S" instead of "Emm-Kay-Ess," sounds more Lincoln-y

That is true, but I am still going with V10 on this one. Whoever had the brilliant idea to turn Lincoln into just one more participant in the already indecipherable world of alphabet soup that is modern luxury cars should be drawn and quartered. Particularly when names like Continental and Zephyr were readily available or already in play.

Moosetang 9/6/07 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by jsaylor (Post 999604)
That is true, but I am still going with V10 on this one. Whoever had the brilliant idea to turn Lincoln into just one more participant in the already indecipherable world of alphabet soup that is modern luxury cars should be drawn and quartered. Particularly when names like Continental and Zephyr were readily available or already in play.

Huge Caddy envy. After squandering their lead over Caddy in the early Navigator years, all they wanted was to be Caddy themselves. Some dunderhead figured that changing Catera to CTS was part of that success, and thus died Linc's great names.

AnotherMustangMan 9/6/07 03:58 PM

I like the fashionably ugly tail lamps. Oh wait, those suck.

Otherwise, looks good.

Hollywood_North GT 9/12/07 01:42 AM

It had better have the "stuff," cause frankly, in profile it just looks like a Japanese luxury clone with derivative styling.

I'll take the new CTS, thanks.

TomServo92 9/12/07 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT (Post 1002933)
It had better have the "stuff," cause frankly, in profile it just looks like a Japanese luxury clone with derivative styling.

I haven't heard much in regards to features and content, but I've heard the TwinForce engine will be quite impressive.

V10 9/13/07 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT (Post 1002933)

The MKZ is Ford's "competition" for the CTS.
The MKS is considerably larger, build off the 500/new Taurus platform, which brings into question the level of handling and sportyness the MKS will have.

I hated the old CTS, besides being butt ugly, I test drove them a couple times and decided the Lincoln LS was a much better car. However, the new CTS looks very attractive and if the MKS doesn't deliver, the new CTS will be a candidate to replace my 06 LS when the time comes.

Hollywood_North GT 9/13/07 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 1003746)

:lol: :rofl2: :rofl3:

Sorry, I almost fell out of my chair. :jester:

jsaylor 9/13/07 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 1003746)

Not really. The MKZ's only true competitors in the luxury car field are the Lexus ES350 and the Acura TL, although the latter aims to be a bit sportier than either the Lincoln or the Lexus if you want to split hairs. Put bluntly Lincoln offers no competitor for Cadillac's CTS at the moment and doesn't appear likely to do so anytime soon.

hi5.0 9/14/07 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by jsaylor (Post 1003922)
Not really. The MKZ's only true competitors in the luxury car field are the Lexus ES350 and the Acura TL, although the latter aims to be a bit sportier than either the Lincoln or the Lexus if you want to split hairs. Put bluntly Lincoln offers no competitor for Cadillac's CTS at the moment and doesn't appear likely to do so anytime soon.

Personally I don't think it'll measure up to the Lexus or Acura - they're too well-sorted and established. F/L/M needs a more solid development and marketing approach before chasing after targets with "me-too" vehicles.

rhumb 9/14/07 03:01 PM

Looks nice enough, but it better be more than just a tarted up Fusion, i.e., their better be some real sinew in its suspension and some impressive steam pressure in the boiler room -- i.e., the twin turbo motor better be ready from day one -- otherwise it'll be an also ran the moment it hits the showroom floor.

Moosetang 9/14/07 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb (Post 1004464)
Looks nice enough, but it better be more than just a tarted up Fusion, i.e., their better be some real sinew in its suspension and some impressive steam pressure in the boiler room -- i.e., the twin turbo motor better be ready from day one -- otherwise it'll be an also ran the moment it hits the showroom floor.

Its based on the Taurus/Volvo platform, not the Fusion. They've confirmed DI at launch, but the TT bight be a mid-year.

V10 9/14/07 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT (Post 1003889)
:lol: :rofl2: :rofl3:

Sorry, I almost fell out of my chair. :jester:

I was being sarcastic, hence the " " on "competition".

And to the others, yes Lincoln marketing does think the MKZ competes with the CTS.