SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Couple more problems, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/06, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW. Feel sorry for you. This really is a problem for you huh. How much do you trust this dealer? I have the same sound coming from engine after shut off. Think this is normal but not sure as always done this.
Old 12/9/06, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think the gurgling is coming from the power steering or air conditioning (thats what it sound like), however I am not sure and any input would be great.
Old 12/11/06, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Update...I think the gurgling may just be normal, I drove my Mom's Escape and it did the same thing. Today though my car is back at the dealership getting the pinging checked out. The mechanic there took it for a drive and heard it, so hopefully they'll figure it out this time.
Old 12/11/06, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Alright, got it back...$350 later it is still pinging, it's beyond ridiculous now....I'm not sure what to do now. Do you think I should try running 93 octane? I read up and found that there was a TSB on 99-00 3.8's concerning the driver's side PCV Valve, it's a long shot but I wonder if my car is an early 2001 and they perhaps hadn't corrected the problem yet.

Another interesting thing I found was that last week when I brought the car in they fixed a coolant leak that they had found. The reciept says that they "replaced T/STAT Gasket" using part F75Z-8255-AA Gasket and also put in coolant. On the side it says it was "Internal" and they charged me nothing. Well today when I picked it up they had fixed another coolant leak. This time the sheet said "Thermostat Housing Leaking. Replaced Thermostat Gasket" and used the same part F75Z-8255-AA Gasket and added coolant. On the side it says "Warranty" intead of "Internal" and they charged me $50 for a deductible. Did they just fix the samething? Are there two of these? I'm so confused. I need help bad...
Old 12/11/06, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

There should only be one thermostat (near radiator?). Dont see how the gasket could go twice so quickly. I would question them on that and get your money back.
Changing to 93 octane SHOULD make the pinging WORSE if you have a detonation problem. Have you asked them to retard the timing to try and compensate? This may be the solution and is as easy as plugging a tuner in.
How much do you trust the dealership and have you taken it elsewhere for a second opinion? Try changing the spark plugs, long shot but its cheaper than the dealer.
Hope this all works out before the big snow hits.
Also, how are the emissions? Did they test?
Old 12/11/06, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

The sheet from this visit says "C/S Vehicles has engine ping and it has been getting worse. EEC test no codes. Has ping, monitor pids. Reset dist drive alignment, and replaced DPFE sensor" and then for parts replaced it has listed the "sensor ASY" the oil filter and the "filter ASY".

I just remembered that duhhh...I got a new engine last winter, so again this could be a long shot, but I wonder if the bad PCV thing could have made it onto my "new rebuilt engine."

My trust in the dealership is fading fast...I'll either give them one more shot to fix it, take it elsewhere, or just let this car die and put my money away for a new car.
Old 1/4/07, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by instigator311
I think most of my problems can be attributed to the previous owner of mine. Makes me think twice about buying a used car next time. Sometimes I think I'm better off just driving around a cheap beater, so then I won't have to care about the car.
I am so sorry to hear about your problems, how many miles on her when you bought it? Also when they "rebuilt" your engine what was reused in the process? I would also stop putting in 93 octane as going from that back to 89 can make an engine ping. Also did you buy this car from the dealer you keep taking it to? If so how much paper work did they have on it and what guarantee did they give you as to the working condition of the car? I am not positive on this but if it has been damaged badly by the previous owner you should be able to find out by running your VIN number (though I don't remember where you can do that, anyone else know?). Also I would call them on that $50 dollars you mentioned, find out why that part keeps breaking or why the same part was ordered and was free once and cost you the second time (it's usually the other way around).
Old 1/4/07, 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for the double post, I found the name of the comapny that my insurance company used to run my VIN when I had my accident. Maybe yours can run your VIN to find out the cars history. VINguard Vechicle History Information, is the name of one and the other I came across is Auto Check. Hope everything gets fixed for you
Old 1/4/07, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, what happened with this situation? Did you get it fixed at all?