SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2001 Bullitt #3006

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/13, 11:45 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe contact J & M and see if they have a solution for your coil overs?

How about a grinder and a torch?
Old 12/1/13, 12:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I see the LCA curse has spread.

Hope you get it figured out.
Old 12/1/13, 07:24 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thansk guys

still no 13s today tho. i got there late so I only got a single practice run in. Even without powershifting, missed third again. Starting to worry about my trans a little bit. Second run, didn't launch hard enough and bogged down, only got a 14.4

Still though, even losing is fun as $$$$.

As for the LCA curse... I think I'm going to try dremeling the rising cylinder in the LCA spring cup. I'm sure that if I got the J&M weight jackers I could just adjust it up and get around this situation, but I think this will work out. Theres so much material in that spring cup vs the stock stamped pieces that I doubt it will ever have any impact on the way the car drives if I remove a bit of metal. After all, all that part really does is locate the spring and prevent it from slipping out. The only issue is that even with thinning the walls, it might still be too tall for the adjustable spring cup thing, but I won't know til I try. And I really don't want to deal with the hassles of packing these back up, shipping them out, paying extra for the price difference vs the weight jackers and then waiting another two weeks to get it before installing it. I also think I'm gonna go back and repaint my rear swaybar since the paint layer is basically gone on most of it and its starting to get some surface rust.

Now at least I have some time before the drags open up again to make my car even faster. Maybe its time for gears too...
Old 12/1/13, 11:13 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I want gears.
Old 12/2/13, 01:14 AM
Post *****

also ive realized your mention of the LCA curse extends past my J&Ms all the way to te cheapies I bought for $60 a few years ago. they ended up being for 94-98 so they didnt fit either lol

tonight I will light a candle to the gods of the LCA. Perhaps they will impart me with their favor
Old 12/2/13, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
also ive realized your mention of the LCA curse extends past my J&Ms all the way to te cheapies I bought for $60 a few years ago. they ended up being for 94-98 so they didnt fit either lol tonight I will light a candle to the gods of the LCA. Perhaps they will impart me with their favor
How much is the price difference between the ones you have and the adjustable perch LCA's? Don't know if I would grind the ones you have. Grind too much and they are junk. And could cause the springs not to sit properly
Old 12/2/13, 02:18 PM
Post *****

but the springs already do not sit properly. And they technically don't need to fit the springs, just the adjustable pedestal that the KW springs fit into. plus when you consider how small the factory ones are and that they still manage to function adequately, taking a little off the top of these can't be worse. it will still be more material and thus be stronger than the factory piece.

Plus the weight jackers are $100 more and I just can't justify that when I know I could just modify the existing parts to work. but in any case I won't be able to do anything about it til the weekend at least.
Old 12/23/13, 03:31 PM
Post *****

Ended up shipping the LCAs back to AM for a refund. Now that I have my heart set on the S550, it just doesn't make sense to keep investing dollars on my bullitt. Other than bodywork lol, because lord knows it will need it before I can sell it

In other (kinda) interesting news, I discovered today that 16" wheels fit over the rear cobra brakes no problem After selling my black knockoff Cobra Rs last week, had to switch back to the bullitts. I quickly remembered why I had switched in the first place, because one of the tires on them had a pretty bad leak. I thought I could just air it up at the gas station, but after 15 minutes of solid filling and no change at all, I think that tire has finally bought it. Needed to drive home for christmas today as well, so all I had left was a set of 16s from a V6 and my MT D/Rs, so i thought id see if they fit.

side note: the 215s on the 16s are woefully outmatched by the torque this car has
Old 12/23/13, 07:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by future9er24
Ended up shipping the LCAs back to AM for a refund. Now that I have my heart set on the S550, it just doesn't make sense to keep investing dollars on my bullitt. Other than bodywork lol, because lord knows it will need it before I can sell it

In other (kinda) interesting news, I discovered today that 16" wheels fit over the rear cobra brakes no problem After selling my black knockoff Cobra Rs last week, had to switch back to the bullitts. I quickly remembered why I had switched in the first place, because one of the tires on them had a pretty bad leak. I thought I could just air it up at the gas station, but after 15 minutes of solid filling and no change at all, I think that tire has finally bought it. Needed to drive home for christmas today as well, so all I had left was a set of 16s from a V6 and my MT D/Rs, so i thought id see if they fit.

side note: the 215s on the 16s are woefully outmatched by the torque this car has
They were outmatched on my sixxer, I can imagine the lack of traction.... And fun
Old 2/13/14, 07:00 PM
Post *****

So in mostly unrelated news, I hit 60k last week. It's weird to think about how I've driven this car over 52k since I got in High School. As for project news, since the II is STILL overheating for some god-forsaken reason, any performance mods on the Bullitt are going on the backburner right now. However...

I've been looking all over the internet lately, and watched a lot of episodes of TRUCKS! on spiketv's site, and started thinking about picking up one of these...

http://www.harborfreight.com/stud-we...kit-98357.html

This thing would be a double whammy for me. It would allow me to start to repair the rear 1/4 damage in the II from when my wheel fell off Plus it seems to be the only tool I can possibly think of to use to fix the dent(s) in my door/rocker/doorsill area. So I think the next long term goal for the Bullitt is to completely repair ALL the body damage that I've caused over the years. I saw black bullitt the other day and it inspired some supreme jealousies. I think its high time my car looked good again. I'm still debating the fender dent itself, because I kind of want a widebody lol, but thats a whole nother thing. The downside is this probably means at some point all the bodywork will be repaired but it will still have to wait a while for paint, but thats ok. It would certainly give me some piece of mind
Old 2/13/14, 07:03 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Cool! When you thinking about starting the "fixes?"
Old 2/13/14, 07:11 PM
Post *****

Well I'm getting another paycheck this saturday

My current sched has me in SF everyday leaving the house at like 6am and getting home at like 7pmish lol. I work and Saturdays so a few Sundays from now, I think I could get started.