05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Window tint with felt installed with pics

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/06, 11:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ April 15, 2006, 12:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for all the great info and pics Bill. I might just put the felt on myself now that I have a clue how it's done. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Lemme watch!
Old 4/18/06, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DropTopSally05 @ April 18, 2006, 10:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i think my tint right now is about the same color as yours. im not sure exactly what percentage it is though cause someone took my car to get them tinted for me but since you mentioned that classic tint place i might go there. i live pretty close to there. may i ask, how much it came out to be with the tint and the felt installed?
[/b][/quote]
Sure!

They charge $175.00 for the HP charcoal and $100.00 more for the HP Titanium upgrade and $25.00 per door for the felt..

These are the only 2 types of Solar Guard tint they carry, but I could be wrong. Call them and ask.

Click here to see the difference between the Charcoal and Titanium and their shades.
Old 4/18/06, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh thanks for the info i sure am gonna call and ask! do they charge per window size or number of windows? cause they hard tops like yours have much bigger rear windows than my vert. the price sounds good though. i was going to go replace my tint soon cause its all scratched on both the driver and passeger side
Old 4/18/06, 12:06 PM

just called classic tint! im very happy with the prices they gave me. i'll sure be seeing them very very soon! thanks again!
Old 4/18/06, 12:39 PM
Cobra Member

Alright guys, as I was at home in Dallas for easter when I did this, I haven't really looked at this post since then. I did the install and it was veeeerrry easy. I only took the 3 screws out for the instal. I just popped the panel up and out just enough to get the rubber out. But I guess if your really nervous about using force you could take the whole panel off. Well anyway, I got them retinted with limo.... ya thats rigth limo on the sides. Since they were redoing them and the other tint I had was already illegal, I was like F it put limo on the sides. I love it. Now the drying period is over I can roll them up and down. NO SCRATCHES AT ALL!!! I'm so happy! haha. As far as cop trouble goes, I've never been asked or questioned about my tint but I do have freinds that have got tickets for it. Now that I have the limo on the sides, if I see a cop comin up behind me or something, I roll them down halfway just to be safe.... haha. But the limo is so worth it on a black car, I'll get some pics of soon.
Old 4/18/06, 12:51 PM

that must look sooooo nice!!! i wish i could put the limo tint on mine but where i work theres a whole lot of sheriffs that lets just say arent the nices people. mines black too and i've been tempted to do it just dont think i will though. and whats this about reggie bush getting locked up?
Old 4/18/06, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

a little off topic, but i noticed the hang loose sign you flashed in the reflection! You surf bra? Shaka Bra! Thanks for the topic, i will be doing this soon for the third and hopefully last time!
Dave
Old 4/18/06, 04:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dave_bought_another_black_s tang @ April 18, 2006, 3:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
a little off topic, but i noticed the hang loose sign you flashed in the reflection! You surf bra? Shaka Bra! Thanks for the topic, i will be doing this soon for the third and hopefully last time!
Dave
[/b][/quote]
Hey Dave! No surfin' for me!
Got family on the Big Island, Waimea side.

No problem on the felt tip. Like I mentioned earlier in the topic, I've read many posts on installing felt (thought it was some hard to find, mail order only thing) and never could visualize what some of these guys were talking about on how it gets installed. I just wanted to bring this felt thing down to Earth so the regular Joe gets it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/18/06, 04:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ April 18, 2006, 12:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Lemme watch!
[/b][/quote]

You gonna hide in the bushes while I do it? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] J/K man. I'll let ya know when I try it out.
Old 4/19/06, 03:47 PM
Cobra Member

haha well Bush did get locked up in the Rose Bowl..... I was there in person to see the USC hype go down the drain.... lol but I like Bush.... It'll be sweet seein him in Houston...
Old 4/20/06, 02:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just so you know you'll probably have to replace the felt over time. Mine has worn down and the sticky backing used to hold it has started to rub onto the windows. I went a good 8 months without stratching and now I have a few on both windows.
Old 4/20/06, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Excellent information for everyone who’s doing the tinting thing to there stang. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 03:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 20, 2006, 1:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just so you know you'll probably have to replace the felt over time. Mine has worn down and the sticky backing used to hold it has started to rub onto the windows. I went a good 8 months without stratching and now I have a few on both windows.
[/b][/quote]

is it a hassle to replace? or just the same?
Old 4/21/06, 02:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 20, 2006, 3:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Even more a reason to call Ford and complain about this issue!!!
Old 4/23/06, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withinavoid @ April 16, 2006, 2:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did my felt install without removing the door panels at all. Just roll the windows down. Cut the felt to the proper length. Pull back about an inch of the backing and insert the whole felt piece between the window and inner seal. Then just go slow, lining it up and sticking to the top edge of the inner seal until you are done. I used felt SAS12 1/2x1/16 from Duro Felt.
[/b][/quote]

Must have some extra left from that 25 feet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 09:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Looks really super, I need to get off the pot and get mine done.
Old 4/23/06, 09:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ April 23, 2006, 10:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks really super, I need to get off the pot and get mine done.
[/b][/quote]

Someone say pot? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

What % tint is that on all the windows?
Old 4/26/06, 07:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ April 26, 2006, 5:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What % tint is that on all the windows?
[/b][/quote]
Paul-
It's 33% on all 5 windows.

Click here to see the avaliable (%) shades of the HP Titanium and HP Charcoal, the two types carried by Classic Tint.
Old 4/26/06, 12:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bpmurr @ April 20, 2006, 10:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

True, but these guys used the soft side of the velcro strip which is a lot thicker than a strip of felt. Thinking that would last a lot longer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] Getting mine done next month...Thinking I'll do the same thing. Seems pretty simple to do.

Quick Reply: Window tint with felt installed with pics