05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

retrofit a 2013/14 cluster

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/20, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks man I really appreciate the help! When you ordered the overlay, did you have them cut out where the panels are lit?
Old 3/1/20, 05:07 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by ss35183
Hey thanks man I really appreciate the help! When you ordered the overlay, did you have them cut out where the panels are lit?
They do all the work and provide you with mockups before going into production. They make sure that you are happy with everything first. So just tell them what you and they will work with you. Good luck.
You're most welcome.
Old 11/26/21, 06:29 PM

I know this thread died... but I'd be willing to try and revive this project if anyone else still wants to work on it.
I recently got a '13 steering wheel that I put in my '06 and after having read this thread and another longer one I would love to source a '13 cluster and try to work on this.
Old 12/10/21, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by carlphoenix
I know this thread died... but I'd be willing to try and revive this project if anyone else still wants to work on it.
I recently got a '13 steering wheel that I put in my '06 and after having read this thread and another longer one I would love to source a '13 cluster and try to work on this.
Id be more than willing to try this out brother. I’ve got a ‘13 cluster I want to get in my 07 GT I’ve also got a 13 steering wheel. Somewhat familiar with IDS and Forscan.
Old 3/29/22, 12:21 PM

Been awhile since I checked here.
I ended up getting an entire dash from a '14 that I am in the middle of putting into my '06.
Everything bolted up just fine, only issues are with wiring, which I am working my way through.
Old 4/13/22, 07:10 PM

Update for anyone checking this.
I have a 2006 V6 without shaker sound system, but it did have the premium MyColor gauge cluster

Most of the wiring is done.

Have not done:
  • Heating/AC
  • Radio/speakers
  • Oil Pressure Sensor
  • Fuel Level Sensors
  • Trunk Button
Issues so far:
  • Turn signal indicators on the dash dont work and there is no clicking sound, but the turn signals/hazards do work.
  • Trans temp reads -40F for some reason.
  • Unable to change Gauge color, says turn on lights. The light dimmer switch was missing from the dash when I got it so maybe thats why?
  • My car never had ABS/Traction control to begin with, so those lights are on
Have not checked cruise control yet but I also dont have high hopes for it since the steering wheel switch im using is the one with the arrow pad for the LCD display
That resistors for the signals in this switch are setup differently than what the computers in the car are programed to look for.

Any feedback or questions are welcome
Old 11/21/22, 08:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Reviving an old thread….

So I know I am reviving an old thread here but I have an 06 project car that I will be swapping this cluster into. I acquired a base 13 cluster for cheap to test things out and I now have the lcd cluster on its way. I can confirm the findings in the OP. Most major functions work properly (when wired correctly) with the exception of the high beam indicator. I will be attempting to modify the as built with forscan to see if I can get any of these things working.

A bit of context for the car….
06 Mustang GT premium auto
2013 copperhead ECU (re-pined body harness)
2013 ABS module (re-pined body harness)

I am using a copperhead ecu because of the obvious engine swap but I am also attempting to get traction control working which is the reason for the ABS module. Since this is going to stay an auto with the 6r80, having the lcd cluster to see gear info will be very nice in addition to being able to retain PATS. With all this said, this is obviously not a normal 06 so whatever functions I do get working might not translate to other 05-09s.

A few pictures of the base 13 cluster installed. Had to cut the dash trim to fit the new gauge lens as the old lens will not fit the new cluster. Also had to cut two slots for retaining clips behind the cluster. The cluster uses two bolts up top but two retaining clips on the bottom.

Old 11/21/22, 05:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Went through FORScan and managed to disable the traction control (guessing this one was advanced track since there are two tcs lights) and TPMS warning lights. Haven’t found a solution (through FORScan) yet for high beam, ebrake.
Old Today, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Download the 2010 as build. No steering wheel menu, no gauges, no TrackApps. The only thing that shows when selecting gauges is the pony ...the second screen with the details is gone.
The problem with the 2011 as build is the oil change message. That will only disappear with the 2010 as build

LEXiiON
I've got 2013 installed in 2010 without flashing it with 2010 as build. Is there ANY OTHER way to get rid of the Oil change required message? I'm sure there is a way to disable it somehow. Please help