05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

nice armrest upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/11, 11:15 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey amustangrocks, looks like you're doing nice work there. I was going to make a couple of suggestions for things you may need down the road. If you want a good place to host your website for free and have a lot of software preinstalled so you dont have to rely on paying someone to do web design for you I would suggest www.fantasticfreeweb.tk since they have a web builder already set up. All you do is click on the design you want and fill in the text you want. That is if you want to fancy up the look and feel of the site. It's as easy as pie since the system walks you through every step.

Also, down the road (or now) whenever you want to expand your sales if you want to start advertising on Craigslist I would suggest reading www.howtobeatcraigslist.tk for lots of free ideas how to market yourself and improve your exposure without having to hassle with the rules on Craiglist. There are lots of people on CL selling stuff and no reason why you cant do the same. If you havent ever sold anything on Craigslist professionally, be warned there are lots of competitors that will flag you and hassle you. That is what this blog is good at explaining how to deal with. Best of luck with your leather works.
Old 10/25/11, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chronos
Hey amustangrocks, looks like you're doing nice work there. I was going to make a couple of suggestions for things you may need down the road. If you want a good place to host your website for free and have a lot of software preinstalled so you dont have to rely on paying someone to do web design for you I would suggest www.fantasticfreeweb.tk since they have a web builder already set up. All you do is click on the design you want and fill in the text you want. That is if you want to fancy up the look and feel of the site. It's as easy as pie since the system walks you through every step.

Also, down the road (or now) whenever you want to expand your sales if you want to start advertising on Craigslist I would suggest reading www.howtobeatcraigslist.tk for lots of free ideas how to market yourself and improve your exposure without having to hassle with the rules on Craiglist. There are lots of people on CL selling stuff and no reason why you cant do the same. If you havent ever sold anything on Craigslist professionally, be warned there are lots of competitors that will flag you and hassle you. That is what this blog is good at explaining how to deal with. Best of luck with your leather works.
thanks for the info, i`ll check it out. we have a website up and running
http://amustangrocksleather.com

also just added a new e-brake cover to the lineup. wont be up for sale till next week as i need to get it on the website. heres a couple sneak peak pics
Attached Thumbnails nice armrest upgrade-dscf1227.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-dscf1224.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-dscf1221.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-dscf1207.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-dscf1205.jpg  

Old 10/25/11, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks

also just added a new e-brake cover to the lineup. wont be up for sale till next week as i need to get it on the website. heres a couple sneak peak pics
d@mn!!... I see another purchase in the very near future for me. Will you have the same stitching options available for this as you do the console cover? I'd love to get one with matching white stitching.
Old 10/25/11, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MikuhlBrian
d@mn!!... I see another purchase in the very near future for me. Will you have the same stitching options available for this as you do the console cover? I'd love to get one with matching white stitching.
absolutely we will the top stitching will be just a little smaller than the other pc`s due to the narrowness of the part, but will still match and look great. sleek, classy dress up part
Old 10/31/11, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mike, does your manual shifter boot work with the MGW or the Hurst shifter? And why wouldn't it work with the Bullitt shifter?
Old 10/31/11, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
Mike, does your manual shifter boot work with the MGW or the Hurst shifter? And why wouldn't it work with the Bullitt shifter?
it will work with any of the shifters the oem boot will work with. the hurst has a rubber adapter for the top of the boot to anchor to as a example.

the bullitt shifter has a different trim ring, and it has a round bar thats taller with a real small hole in the top of the boot.

heres a hurst with the adapter
Attached Thumbnails nice armrest upgrade-25351-hurst-shifter-0509gt.jpg  
Old 11/1/11, 05:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

it will work with any of the shifters the oem boot will work with. the hurst has a rubber adapter for the top of the boot to anchor to as a example.

the bullitt shifter has a different trim ring, and it has a round bar thats taller with a real small hole in the top of the boot.

heres a hurst with the adapter
Awesome! Look for an order from me today then.

Reason I asked is I found out yesterday the GT Premium with IUP interior has pretty much the same trim ring as the Bullitt. The bezel is attached to the trim ring with plastic grommits and the stock boot won't come off without cutting or drilling out the plastic grommits. Luckily Tousley parts sells the stock Ford plastic trim rings for a reasonable price.
Old 11/1/11, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Awesome! Look for an order from me today then.

Reason I asked is I found out yesterday the GT Premium with IUP interior has pretty much the same trim ring as the Bullitt. The bezel is attached to the trim ring with plastic grommits and the stock boot won't come off without cutting or drilling out the plastic grommits. Luckily Tousley parts sells the stock Ford plastic trim rings for a reasonable price.
Do you have the p/n for the trim ring as I did not realize you could buy it seperately??
Old 11/1/11, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Doogie
Do you have the p/n for the trim ring as I did not realize you could buy it seperately??
I don't see a part number on their site. I put in my vehicle year, make and model and then search for bezel. With my luck it's the automatic or something else entirely. It doesn't even list a p/n in my email order confirmation.
Old 11/1/11, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

I don't see a part number on their site. I put in my vehicle year, make and model and then search for bezel. With my luck it's the automatic or something else entirely. It doesn't even list a p/n in my email order confirmation.
Post up what you receive as this could be a good option in lieu of trying to chop up one of my bezel/boots.
Old 11/1/11, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Post up what you receive as this could be a good option in lieu of trying to chop up one of my bezel/boots.
Definitely will do! I've had to do a shuffle to get the shifter console I want (currently driving with no bezel or boot and a handle that doesn't thread right). But got the Hurst arm, trim ring from Tousley and SHR bezel on their way, the 8-ball handle already here and hopefully an MGW for my birthday this weekend.

And the whole point will be the gorgeous leathers from Mike and Marcy!
Old 11/1/11, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Order placed, #1147!
(sorry to take up space in your arm rest thread... I didn't see a thread for the shifter boots.... )
Old 11/2/11, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Order placed, #1147!
(sorry to take up space in your arm rest thread... I didn't see a thread for the shifter boots.... )
no probs there, this is the shifter boot thread. i`m curious about the trim ring too. i know we can make the boot, just a little worried about the trim ring, as far as removing and re attaching. i`m sure there is a way. i`m gonna guess the trim comes with the boot, but maybe not. i know of at least one person that has replaced one on a bullitt, i`ll have to see if i can find him.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 11/2/11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11/2/11, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

no probs there, this is the shifter boot thread. i`m curious about the trim ring too. i know we can make the boot, just a little worried about the trim ring, as far as removing and re attaching. i`m sure there is a way. i`m gonna guess the trim comes with the boot, but maybe not. i know of at least one person that has replaced one on a bullitt, i`ll have to see if i can find him.
I should have looked at it mire than five minutes before mailing it to him, I got all my ideas for separating the pieces the day after I sent it.

The assembly is three pieces: top bezel, boot and trim ring. The boot is sandwiched in. The bezel has posts that go down through the boot and trim ring and the ends of the posts are kind of deformed, making a grommit.

My idea was to use a drill press and drill through the deformed, exposed ends of the posts about 1/4", that should give clearance to separate the three pieces and cut the posts off the bezel with a dremel, a steady hand and some patience. This would let you reuse both the bezel and the trim ring as normal.
Old 11/4/11, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

heres a few pics of the milled pebble leather on the armrests.
Attached Thumbnails nice armrest upgrade-pebble-2blk-stitch-closeup.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-pebble-2wht-stitch.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-pebble-2-red-stitch.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-pebble-2-red-stitch-closeup.jpg   nice armrest upgrade-pebble-2wht-stitch-closeup.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 11/4/11 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11/5/11, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

No good, it's the black plastic bezel for the automatic. Time to get fabtastic.
Old 11/6/11, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

well that blows. man i wish i was back in detroit, parts finding was never a problem there. theres nothing down here in the ozarks so its internet for everything.i searched a couple ford sites last night, i couldnt find the thing either. i`ll keep a eye out and ask around a little
Old 11/7/11, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

hey i found the bezel/boot assembly out of a ford distribution center in ok.,,i`m sure they dont sell to public though. ive got a connection through a body shop ive used. the part number is #7277 and the price is 61.60. last time i got something from them there was a 3.94 fuel surcharge to get it to the body shop here.

ok, just called tousley, the part number you need is 8R3Z7277AA. it comes up on their site, 61.60 but your cost is 40.66. not sure about shipping
Old 11/18/11, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

we are also making leather shifter boots for the upgraded interior pkg. price is $40/$41 shipped for the boot. the install is tedious but doable. i`ll have a install post on the website this weekend.

james, did you get the boot on your car? i`m still waiting on a billet handle from northamericantuning i ordered 3 weeks ago to post some pics of the 3/4 e-brake cover with the handle.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 11/18/11 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11/18/11, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wife and baby have been sick this week, hope to get to it this weekend. Though I did pick up the glue for it on one my many pharmacy runs the past few days.