05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

KC: Need your help for Power Passenger Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/06, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
Talked to KC on the phone yesterday, he tells me he is working on it! Would love to do this upgrade once it gets sorted out. Great writeup Ron! How is it working out for you?

I'm watching this thread closely.
The power seat is working great. My wife and I took a 600 mile trip to Las Vegas last week and she commented multiple times how much more comfortable the seat is for her now. She’s 5’1” tall so she was very impacted by the manual seat position. Taller people may not be so impressed with the power seat.

I received the correct ****. So here are all the part numbers I used (most have been listed already):

7R3Z*6361710*A Seat Track
7R3Z*6362186*BC Shield Assembly
7R3Z*14A699*DA Wire Harness
5F9Z*14A701*AA Switch Assembly
5F9Z*14711*AAA ****

This thread got me thinking about another way to make the power and ground connections. My lastest plan is to run a separate 30amp-fused line from the fuse panel under the hood, through the firewall in front of the passenger seat and then along the existing harness to the seat. I think the install will be cleaner and a side benefit would be you do not have to touch the driver’s seat. Although, having the seat out made the install of the power passenger seat wiring harness easier since I could see how it was done on the driver’s seat. I will have think on this some more. For now, it all works great and I have a much happier spouse.

Ron
Old 1/2/07, 08:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I ordered all the parts from KC, who will look over the items carefully to see if there is a way to do it without messing with warranty.

I can't wait!

Cheers
Old 1/3/07, 02:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Javier:

I know you can't post prices here (KC doesn't like his prices posted publicly) but if you can, would you PM me what the power seat upgrade cost you?

Thanks!
Old 1/3/07, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jim010
I see that there is one pin in the slot (There should be two) so it is not set up to work. From there it goes straight to the switch.
Have you check if there's voltage on that pin ? My guess is that that they all have the 12V supply but nothig on the other side since you don't have a harness connected to it. So by using these fuse extenders you will be able to pickup the 12V and feed it through a new fuse.
Old 1/3/07, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Javier:

I know you can't post prices here (KC doesn't like his prices posted publicly) but if you can, would you PM me what the power seat upgrade cost you?

Thanks!
Could you also PM me the price for the parts?
Old 1/3/07, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can someone send me the pricing as well !
Old 1/5/07, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have PM you guys on the pricing. Remember that it includes shipping to me here in Alberta, Canada.

Dineau

I have not checked to see if there is power. I don't have the tools for that. Anyone else check?

Cheers
Old 6/9/07, 07:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

finally

KC has sent me the parts and schematics for the passenger power seat. I installed it today (took about half the day). It didn't occur to me to take pictures, but it wasn't to bad to do. Everything works fine and the seat is great.

I took my power from the driver's seat, as RonG did (the green wire is power and the black is ground). A 30 amp inline fuse is between the driver and passenger. There were 2 headaches:

One was unbolting the old track and bolting on the new one. Access to the 2 rear bolts is very limited and was a real pain. And when I had to put on the new track, with the motor in the way, the front left bolt was also a pain. The bolts have to be screwed on from the top, not the bottom, so you are not going to be able to use a ratchet.

Also, the pigtail on the new wiring harness will NOT plug into the pigtail coming out of the floor. Using a schematic of the 05 and 07, I was able to use the pigtail from the old harness, and used the diagrams to match up the wires from the new harness to the old pigtail (as they do not use the same pin slots). The red/white wire in the new harness is for power. The yellow/blue wire in the new harness was the only one that doesn't get used - I assume it is for heated seats.

Happy I did it!
Old 9/4/07, 09:59 AM
GT Member

I am trying to do the same thing but for the drivers side seat. I did have a manual cloth seat and was able to get my hands on a power leather seat with lumbar. The connectors under the seat looked to be the same part number and style. They did connect together and the seat belt indicator works fine. However I still have no power and the airbag light is going off. I am told by the dealer that the underbody wireloom that runs under the carpet to the seat will need to be replaced. Can anyone help?
Old 9/5/07, 07:22 AM
GT Member

The wire harness you list above (7R3Z-14A699-DA) is located where? Is this the one that goes in the seat or in the floor and connects to the seat? Do you have a price on it yet?
Old 9/5/07, 04:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll take a peak underneath later on for you to see what's what, but I would ask the service guys to provide you with a diagram of the connectors for your year Mustang and the one for a power seat and compare them to make sure that the wires correspond to the correct pins. When doing the passenger side, I had to change around the wires. Ie: if wire 1918(br/wh) went to pin 3 on the seat end, but wire 1918(br/wh) went to pin 12 on the floor end, I would then need to match them up. I got the diagrams from KC, and is was easy to do. Sounds like you may have the same issue.

Cheers
Old 9/17/07, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rdk0420
The wire harness you list above (7R3Z-14A699-DA) is located where? Is this the one that goes in the seat or in the floor and connects to the seat? Do you have a price on it yet?
This is the wiring harness that goes on the seat itself. I used the driver's power seat as a model for how to run/attach the new harness to the passenger seat.

I didn’t want to cut up the car harness so I used the connector from the manual seat and spliced it onto the new harness. Like jim010 states, you end up with three large wires: 1 ground, 1 for the seat heater and 1 for the power seat motor.
Old 10/13/07, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm getting some questions on the passenger power seat I installed in my 05, so I thought I would go over what I did again. These instructions are if yur car is an 05/06 as far as wiring is concerned!

You will need:
seat track 7r3z6361710a
switch 5fpz14a701aa
shield (colour specific - check part number)
harness 7r3z14a699da
**** for teh switch (use part number from the one on the driver's side, as they are exactly the same)

Disconnect the battery!!

1) unplug all wiring to the seat and remove the seat.

2) remove the seat - it is attached by 2 bolts in the front and 2 in the back. The plastic covers slide off in the back.

3) remove the track. It is held on by 4 bolts, but they face up into the seat at teh 4 corners, so will will need some agile fingers here.

4) attach the power track. You REALLY need some agile fingers here!

5) You will need to use the old pigtail here. The new pigtail will not plug into the existing one from the car, so you will need to cut off the new pigtail and attach the old one to teh new harness. Do this one wire at a time as instructed below! The pigtail from your car and the new pigtail's wiring don't match up, so match them as follows:

a) attach wire from pin #7 on new harness to pin #1 on old pigtail
b) attach #15 to on new to #2 on old
c) #4 to #4
d) #5 to #5
e) #6 to #6
f) #3 to #9
g) #10 to #10
h) #2 to #13
i) #14 to #14

You will be left with 3 wires. The red/white is for power. The black is ground and the yellow blue is for heaed seats, if you have them.

6) install the seat.

7) route the power and ground to the other seat under the centre console. Under the console is a good spot to have an 30 amp inline fuse on the red/white wire.

8) on the driver's side, tap the power into the green wire, and the ground into the black wire. I covered all exposed wiring in tubing.

Enjoy! You wife will no longer look like a hobbit in you car!

Cheers
Old 10/13/07, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Her Power Passenger seat:

Funny thing. My better half is a tall 5' 8" drink of Irish water and her own line of site is not a real problem. That being said. She just loves all of the many possible passenger power seat adjustments (a very happy camper!) and digs the nice bun warmers too!! They came in our GT/CS. But I really do believe this one extra, was some money well spent on her Stang smiles! If they are happy too, then guys our lives are going to be very GOOD !!!