05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

For those thinking about Racing Stripes!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05 | 09:13 AM
I Have No Life

Glad to hear my information has helped a bunch of you get your cars striped. Consider it my contribution to the forum

Dave your car looks great.

Donna, did the stripes not get installed where your license plate goes or did you just photoshop out your license plate.

Once again, if anyone has questions on the stripe process let me know and I will be glad to help as much as I can.
Old 1/30/05 | 10:19 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by adrenalin@January 30, 2005, 11:16 AM
Glad to hear my information has helped a bunch of you get your cars striped. Consider it my contribution to the forum

Dave your car looks great.

Donna, did the stripes not get installed where your license plate goes or did you just photoshop out your license plate.

Once again, if anyone has questions on the stripe process let me know and I will be glad to help as much as I can.
There are no stripes there. I was not crazy about how that looked either. I told him I had a nice tag that I may put on but it does not look right. My tag is 6 x 12. I was thinking about this mid size tag 4 X 12. I really don't like how the bigger tags hang down. What do you think this would look like?

Old 1/30/05 | 11:49 AM
GT Member

Dave, your stripes look great! What dimensions are these?
Old 1/31/05 | 03:21 AM
Bullitt Member

adrenalin what body parts are you planning to add? I'm wondering what your planning cause I'm trying to figure out the order I want to follow also. I have to wait for some money down the road, but I want to add an Elenore body kit eventually. I also want twin stripes like you have but I figure Ill wait till I add my body kit first and then stripe it all. I also want a clear protector on it like X-PEL or STONGARD . I'm thinking Ill get the clear protection first, then body kit and stripes later one when I have the money. By then my warrenty will be done and other high speed Mustangs will be out ( that I cant afford to buy, only look at) , and all the guesss work should be done with boosting power to our engines, so Ill add more hp then to give her a rebirth..
Old 1/31/05 | 05:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

My Windveil Blue Mustang is having silver metallic vinyl Lemans stripes and the GT300 rocker stripes installed right now. Will post pictures upon completion.
Old 1/31/05 | 06:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@January 31, 2005, 6:14 AM
My Windveil Blue Mustang is having silver metallic vinyl Lemans stripes and the GT300 rocker stripes installed right now. Will post pictures upon completion.

Very cool!! Be sure and post PLENTY of pics!!
Old 1/31/05 | 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, please add pics when you can of the WB with stripes. Still trying to decide on what color I want my mustang in as well. Strangely I have seen 0 WB, Redfires, white, or silver mustangs. However, I have only been back in the states for about 3 weeks. I just thought I would have seen more of the new stangs than I have.

Just want to make sure I get the color I want. I still like the Sonic and black that I have seen. My current stang is black, just not sure I want to have to do the upkeep again.
Old 1/31/05 | 09:29 AM
I Have No Life

runfox, I am planning on adding the StreetScene body kit, CDC side louvers (once they make the ones they had on Paul's highperformance stang) and CDC's shaker. However, that being said, when I do go with the shaker system that means I may need to come up with a different stripe idea because it may not look right with the shaker setup.
Old 1/31/05 | 09:30 AM
I Have No Life

Donna, you may want to go back to the place that installed the stripes and have them redo the front bumper. I just don't think it will look right, especially if your front plate does not completely cover the area.
Old 1/31/05 | 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine
[attachmentid=10866] [attachmentid=10867]
[attachmentid=10868] [attachmentid=10869] [attachmentid=10870]
Old 2/1/05 | 06:41 AM
I Have No Life

Todd, looks great but I am not sure why you didn't finish the front bumper? Also you should finish the lower section of the back bumper. Just my opinion.
Old 2/1/05 | 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I agree...it looks fantastic, just a little unfinished. But, to each his own!
Old 2/1/05 | 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Adrenalin I was curious just how long it would take you to catch that and question my decision not to stripe the front bumper. Here's why - keep in mind this is only my opinion and while others may not agree I felt it was the correct decision for me.

This vehicle is my wife's daily driver - multiple trips to the grocery store (unattended shopping carts), mall, dropping the kid off at school, etc. From past experience weekly scrubbing (even when using some type of liquid cleaner to reduce abrasion during cleaning) on vinyl stripes to remove bugs, scratches, etc. severely shortens the life of the vinyl stripe - not to mention inevitable chips from road debris. That being said I felt that the constant "wear & tear" on vinyl stripe would not be a good choice. Therefore I have left the stripe off of the front bumper.

After explaining my reasoning most people agree (only one other person even noticed) that it was the right decision for me - not necessarily others.

One other note: hard to tell from the picture but the hood stripes taper slightly at the front due to the profile of the vehicle.

Feel free to critique my decisions.
I know here it comes - I opened a can of worms with that statement.
Old 2/1/05 | 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@February 1, 2005, 8:17 AM

Feel free to critique my decisions.
I know here it comes - I opened a can of worms with that statement.

Your car, your choice. No need to defend your decision at all.
Old 2/1/05 | 09:49 AM
I Have No Life

Ya, you don't need to defend you decision, but just my 2 cents, I would have stripped it. Why? I would rather have abrasions and stone chips in the vinyl than the paint. I can always remove the vinyl and replace it very inexpensively. I can't do that with paint. I already see that I have about 6 stone chips on the hood stripes, 1 even 12" up from the front of the hood so even the faux bra (clear vinyl) would not have prevented that. Removing the stripes is the hardest part but I can replace the hood stripes in about 1 hour and only cost me about $30.00.

So Todd, don't get me wrong.....I think your car looks
Old 2/2/05 | 04:56 PM
GT Member

Do the stripes go all the way around the wing?
Anyone see the stripes. Looks like they leave off the bottom of the front bumper and the wing.
AutoTrimDesign
Old 2/2/05 | 06:14 PM
I Have No Life

who's stripes are you referring too? I am pretty sure I already posted that you can't put them all around the wing, and no point. There is a large indent under the wing which makes no sense to stripe, and if you wanted to you would need to remove the wing to do it properly. However, as I said, you wouldn't even see it.

You are right about auto trim design, they don't stripe the bottom of the front and rear. Why? No idea. Anyway, I have seen a few cars with that package. The 2" gap is too wide for me. Other than that it is not a bad kit for the price.
Old 2/2/05 | 07:28 PM
GT Member

I was refering too the link I posted, sorry it wasn't clear. The guy I wanted to do the install was going to purchase these and put on for $225. He was very unsure of a lot of things so I didn't sign up.
Old 2/2/05 | 09:21 PM
V6 Member

Hey Todd, I think your stripes look great! I have been trying to find someone in the Mount Dora area, I notice you are in Lakeland. Where did you have them done? Do you have their number? I would be willing to go down to Lakeland. Thinking about black stripes for my mineral grey Stang. Also how wide are yours (and the gap)?

Thanks!
Old 2/2/05 | 09:55 PM

I got my stripes put on today but the vinyl doesn't appear shiny and you can see where they used the rubber tool on it to get the bubbles out and stuff (you can see the swirlies and all).

Will a good coat of Wax help shine them up and take out the swirlies?

Quick Reply: For those thinking about Racing Stripes!