05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/06, 07:09 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Irishman
Any smooth faced emblems available yet?? Santa Claus has been looking. I'm thinking about putting the steering wheel pony cap on this piece.
In stock and shipping in black, and in chrome. Polished never came back from the finisher / anodize shop, so we're still on hold on those, but the others we have. I'll try and get them on the website today, I'm thinking about slightly re-organizing / condensing some of that anyway.

In the meantime, you can just order a classic piece off the website and send an email requesting a flat one instead, we'll take care of you from there.
Old 12/19/06, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Irishman
Any smooth faced emblems available yet?? Santa Claus has been looking. I'm thinking about putting the steering wheel pony cap on this piece.
my post in #131 is the smooth faced medallion. it is just that i placed the "gt" emblem on top of it.

still waiting for the larger emblem to come in btw. i hate ground shipping to hawaii.
Old 12/19/06, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

well, my large "gt" emblem came in. it looks really good from head on. the problem is that it is really concave, so the edges dont even come close to touching. this one was meant for the 69 hub cap. the other one i have is convex, but not to the same degree as the large one. on the small one, the center doesnt touch, but it is easier to hide. even though the larger one looks better, seems like i am going to have to go with the small one.

here is a pic of the larger "gt":

Old 12/19/06, 07:20 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok two ideas:

1) Sanding block / jitterbug sander set on tabletop, rub emblem back and forth until flat...

2) Urethane adhesive, more in the middle than on the edges, followed by lots of cleanup after the fact.

And you wonder why I leave this part up to you... Seriously, I'm guessing you could sand it flat in about 10-15 minutes by hand, or even less with the right sander.

In any case, I think the smaller one looks better, but that's just my .02 - the bigger one is kind of "over the top" I think.
Old 12/30/06, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

marcello, i agree with you about the big emblem being too big. i went ahead and installed the medallion with the smaller emblem. i think it looks great. i had a hard time getting the old adhesive off, but i guess for now it is ok, since you cannot see it anyways. i tried goo off, but i think it started taking off the paint so i just left it alone.

thanks again for making such a wonderful product.

Old 12/30/06, 11:54 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Ooh. I like
Old 12/31/06, 12:28 AM
Legacy Tms Member

No, thank you, that looks really nice. I know of another one in the works that is coming along well too

Can we use those pictures on our website in the customer car section?
Old 12/31/06, 03:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Gary, where did you get the smaller "GT"? I like your idea very much, I wonder if the "GT" is available in blue?
Old 12/31/06, 03:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

thanks for the compliments guys.

marcello, i would be honored if you would include my car in the customer car section. thank you.

nole trainer, i got it on e-bay. it didn't pop up when i did a general search for the emblem, but it is from the e-bay store "ohio mustang supply". it doesn't come in blue, but it does come in black. price was something like $21.95. you will have to cut off the two locating pins with a dremel or something similar. i was thinking about the black one, but the red matches my 65 gt side emblems pretty nicely. i guess if you wanted to, you could paint the inside part blue with touch-up paint or something.

edit: the emblem is under the "fuel cap" section. or you can type "gt emblem" in the search.
Old 12/31/06, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sound_Wave, that looks great! I will def be doing this to my car for next 'show season'. Thanks for the idea!

-danny
Old 1/1/07, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
thanks for the compliments guys.

i was thinking about the black one, but the red matches my 65 gt side emblems pretty nicely.
did you ever consider using the 65 gt side emblem on the cap?
Old 1/1/07, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by nole_trainer
did you ever consider using the 65 gt side emblem on the cap?
yes. actually i did consider it. the reason i decided against it, was:
1) i already am using those emblems on the side and i thought it would be overkill
2) i wanted more of an authentic retro look. the emblem i am using on the rear is the actual one they used on the gas caps back then.

edit: here is a pic of the 65 gt emblem on my car
Old 1/1/07, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I've got both on order. So I will see which looks best for me. I've got the same side emblems as Danny (his idea, I'm just a copy cat). And I've kind of got the blue accent thing going on, so I might paint something blue. I bet the "GT" will be easier to paint

Thanks for posting a pix, the fake gas cap is just about the last original thing on my car...I will post pixs!
Old 1/22/07, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

my silverhorse rear badge installed ( dont pay attention to the dust in the pics....you blow on a black car and it gets dirty ;-)
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1777.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1778.jpg  
Old 1/22/07, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey hireman, looks good. you got the flame theme going on anywhere else?
Old 1/22/07, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
hey hireman, looks good. you got the flame theme going on anywhere else?
a few more places ;-)

check out all our work at
www.uniqueautomotivedesigns.com

thanks,
Bill
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1583.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1030.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1062.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-img_1498.jpg  
Old 1/23/07, 11:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Hireman that hood is sick!!!!!!! I know your stuff is custom and very detailed, but how much if you had to do something like that would it cost. I know probably more than I could afford, but I guess I can always dream for down the road. But anyway just wanted to comment on that gorgeous work.
Old 1/27/07, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's mine based on sound wave's idea, I just used the bigger one, placed it in a vice (wrapped in towels) to flatten. Then painted blue, looks ok, but it was hard to get some of the original red over spray off.....but overall I like it. Very different!!
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-smallgc.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-smallgc1.jpg  
Old 1/27/07, 08:39 PM
FR500 Member

sound wave, see what you started? j/k!
Old 1/28/07, 02:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
sound wave, see what you started? j/k!
lol... if i didnt do it, i am sure someone would have thought of it.

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement