05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That gascap looks great on black for sure. Nice rear medallion though, a quality looking piece. I'll be watching for the final pics of the various options and figure if one will fit my look/likes.
Old 8/16/06, 10:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

What's happened to the rear medallions? When will they be available?
Old 8/16/06, 11:46 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The first 40 arrived here last week. I have been completely swamped with the website and Internet issues, and just haven't had a chance to finalize the "associated packaging" to go with them. They have been inspected, and are otherwise ready to go. Initially, we only have the brushed and black anodized "classic" vertical bar design in. The other finishes, as well as the GT pieces will be arriving as they are finished. (Should be rather soon - GT parts had to be re-worked on the doors due to insufficent depth of the engraving noticed after anodize)

Expect updates as fast as I can get them to everyone. I just spent two hours on the phone with tech support over our sat. modem upload issue - which caused us a lot of grief with the website upgrades last weekend....
Old 8/17/06, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Marcello, could you post some instructions for removing the stock rear badge from a trunk lid having the SHR panel installed on it?
Thanks a lot!
Old 8/17/06, 05:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

As soon as I get them done, I will post them to our website, along with some stuff here as well. Really it only takes two minutes, and is very simple, requiring a cotter-key puller and a flat screwdriver. We've had ours on and off a few times now, and never removed the honeycomb panel to do it. I've got some pictures, but I need to go through and do the actual job again for proper instructional photography.

I was worried as well the first time, trying to figure out how to do it without damaging anything. Now, like anything else, I just pop and go... you'd be surprised how easy the stock one comes off, and how good the OEM tape holds the new one.
Old 8/23/06, 11:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i know this is an old thread but are there any updates (meaning pics) of the GT medallion?
Old 8/23/06, 11:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Old thread? I need to take you over to CC, we re-hash threads from 2001 !!

Funny you should ask about this now....hmmm.... should I.... oh sure, why not...

I am supposed to go to the machine shop Friday and pick up the remainder of the first 300 - this should include GT pieces, as well as polished and chrome plated and black and brushed finishes. The only ones still on hold are the bead-blasted finish pieces, and they (the finishers) just want my approval on which media finish I like best before completing them.

So, to answer the question, it's coming quick. I will be honest and say we will have them at the MCA show, but that they probably won't be available online for another couple weeks. I might get a cheezy shot or two of them posted, but the good pictures will be after the show.

Of course, a certain website owner I think has a classic bar style one hiding somewhere
Old 8/24/06, 01:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Holding out on us Brad? I'll give ya some slack considering the newborn and all. Any chance of posting a pic?
Old 8/24/06, 08:34 PM

so might there might be a chance to purchase one of these at the MCA show? Would be cool to be one of the first.
Old 8/24/06, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I decided to shave my rear trunk and remove the keyhole, but I do have to give you credit, because this medallion looks great and looks to be high quality!! Great job
Old 8/24/06, 09:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Lokius, thanks. Wish we could have sold you one obviously, but the shaved look isn't bad either. Just hope you never have a dead solenoid - no fun crawling into the trunk to get to it... that and on the convertibles it would be an absolute nightmare.

Perry, we will have them available at the show. Brushed, Black Anodized, Polished, and maybe chrome plated, both classic and GT style. Along with fuel doors, honeycomb panels, and whatever else isn't bolted down or that we need to clear out of the shop ( I have some 71-73 Mach 1 stuff I'm bringing that is just taking up space)

Unrelated - I know a few people have expressed liking our honeycomb panel, if it were not for us leaving the stock emblem there, wanting to go the full "blackout" route. This meant pointing them to CDC until now. Tonight we installed our first black anodized billet rear medallion on a honeycomb equipped car, and wait until we get some pictures of it! We made the black back medallion because we figured it would match the fuel door for some customers, and that nobody would want the black medallion with a honeycomb panel. I may have to rethink this, as it really looked nice. The car in question is a legend lime car with flat black stripes, black wheels, and flat black wing as well. Color me impressed. So as usual, we have to offer lots of options, like it or not, so that you guys can make these combo's up that end up really looking nice. It's really weird too, because I look at the part one way as I'm designing it, then someone else looks at the same thing, and applies it a bit differently than I thought would work, and yet it does, and does it well.

Anyway, figured I'd add that to the pot, as it caught my eye as a great solution for a full blackout effect.
Old 8/25/06, 12:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Someone had to do it... Might as well be me!
Old 8/25/06, 12:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Scott,

Post # 1, #12

Back at you!

Oh--- you want more pictures... of the different ones....

Not a problem, coming as fast as we can get it done. I want to do our normal bang-up job on photography, but it will have to wait until after MCA, because we just don't have time to get to the studio with them.

In the meantime, we'll get some quick and dirty ones up, and I'm sure some will pop up from the MCA show as well.
Old 8/25/06, 12:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Lokius, thanks. Wish we could have sold you one obviously, but the shaved look isn't bad either. Just hope you never have a dead solenoid - no fun crawling into the trunk to get to it... that and on the convertibles it would be an absolute nightmare.
Haha I have a coupe so I think I should be alright Looking forward to some pictures of the medallion without your SHR rear panel
Old 8/25/06, 04:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

send 'em over marcello even if they are camera phone pics anything that will give me a good look at the medallion before i place my order for the honeycomb panel, and black GT fuel door
Old 8/25/06, 07:56 PM

Sweet thanks for the heads up Marcello. Looks like I will have to bring some extra cash now
Old 8/26/06, 12:57 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by MTAS
Hey Marcello, any chance of something like this? It would cover the keyhole completely (fine by me). It doesn't necessarily have to have the "GT" on it, it could be blank so it could be customized with a tri-bar pony or whatever comes to mind.
ditto that idea, that is exactly what Ive been wanting, any chance of making one so that it actually can fill gas through it if a fuel cell is put in the trunk, thats what Id really like; a real functional old school gas cap

also I dont know if this was covered and if it was I appologize, but do you need to have the honey comb on to make this work? what does it look like without it on? ie are the edges finished off nicely?
Old 8/26/06, 09:05 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Making it functional would require some modification, plus flexible coupling from the trunk door to the fuel cell so that the trunk could still open, which I probably wouldn't do. Remember the originals had a fixed rear taillight panel, and the trunk was more of a clamshell design over the top. So while it could be done, I wouldn't recommend going that route - moving it to forward of the rear axle was done for safety reasons, and no reason to undo that unless you have to.

As to needing a honeycomb panel - of course not. I know that some customers who don't want our honeycomb panel will like this piece, and even if they were not in the same area of the car, I'd still specify that the edges be "properly" machined. I brought back our test trunk from the machine shop yesterday, so I should be able to snap off some pictures of it with and without the honeycomb panel for everyone.

Ok, off to work - 5 days and counting until we leave...
Old 9/1/06, 06:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Any avail updates?
Old 9/1/06, 01:31 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Making it functional would require some modification, plus flexible coupling from the trunk door to the fuel cell so that the trunk could still open, which I probably wouldn't do. Remember the originals had a fixed rear taillight panel, and the trunk was more of a clamshell design over the top. So while it could be done, I wouldn't recommend going that route - moving it to forward of the rear axle was done for safety reasons, and no reason to undo that unless you have to.

As to needing a honeycomb panel - of course not. I know that some customers who don't want our honeycomb panel will like this piece, and even if they were not in the same area of the car, I'd still specify that the edges be "properly" machined. I brought back our test trunk from the machine shop yesterday, so I should be able to snap off some pictures of it with and without the honeycomb panel for everyone.

Ok, off to work - 5 days and counting until we leave...
the fuel cell is for racing applications and I would like to make the rear faux gas cap functional because I hate fake stuff on a car. I was thinking of making the trunklid like the clamshell style they used to be, I could then even go with the oldschool shelby lights

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement