05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/06, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Plain door pieces in both black anodized and chrome plated finishes are in stock! Polished shouldn't be too long off, but I haven't got them back yet. Price is the same as for the GT door, and you can order the GT door on our website and just put an email off to us that it needs to be the plain one until I get a chance to update the website.

Thanks!
Can the plain ones have the Tribar Pony center cap stuck on it like the OEM cap? And, do you know where to buy the center cap to stick on to it?

Thanks,
-danny
Old 12/8/06, 03:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The OEM one for an 05+ is part of the center medallion and is not available separately. You can use a tri-bar or other emblems from most of the early cars, as the door is flat on this design and 4.00" in diameter on the flat area before the recess.
Old 12/8/06, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the rear medallions subject to the Christmas sale?
Old 12/8/06, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Ah yes, aren't we lucky everyone does have their own preference?

Thankfully I've developed somewhat of a thick skin for when people call my designs "hideous" - it's okay - someday I'll design something you will like for your car...
Old 12/10/06, 07:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
Are the rear medallions subject to the Christmas sale?
We had the "classic" style vertical bar ones on sale for 10.00 off, but I just took down the sale from the webstore. If you're interested in one of the classic finish ones, I'll honor the sale if you email me directly in the next day or so, as I didn't see this post in time to answer you before it ended.
Old 12/10/06, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

any shots of the medallion in black on a vehicle? I saw the ones on your site, but I need some more
Old 12/10/06, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

nice stuff shr!!!!!!!!

Well just threw mine on, thought you all might like a shot, here it is at night, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-p1010021.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-p1010022.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-p1010023.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-p1010024.jpg  
Old 12/10/06, 07:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Only what we have up there I think.... let me look...

Yeah, I only have two customer-submitted photos of black anodized parts installed on cars, although it is one of our most popular finishes we sell... go figure.
Old 12/12/06, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, I only have two customer-submitted photos of black anodized parts installed on cars, although it is one of our most popular finishes we sell... go figure.
Well, I just got mine and got it installed so here are a couple more pics of the Black...with a panel.

Attachment 15561

Attachment 15562
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-medallion1.jpg   SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement-medallion2.jpg  
Old 12/12/06, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow, the black cap and honeycomb panel looks great! hmm... maybe i should have gone that route instead.
Old 12/13/06, 01:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

my camera is junk, but here is a pic of my medallion. i still have to cut off the rear posts from the emblem, but here is what i am planning on doing. the emblem seems a bit small, so last night, i also ordered the same emblem about 2x the size. that will take a little over a week to arrive i think. i will wait till i get that one to decide which to use. i think the large one may be TOO large.
Old 12/13/06, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Scott
Well, I just got mine and got it installed so here are a couple more pics of the Black...with a panel.

Attachment 15561

Attachment 15562
I have the same setup on my black GT...sweet!
Old 12/13/06, 12:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now this I like A LOT! Please post an image with the larger emblem when you get it!

-danny

Originally Posted by sound wave
my camera is junk, but here is a pic of my medallion. i still have to cut off the rear posts from the emblem, but here is what i am planning on doing. the emblem seems a bit small, so last night, i also ordered the same emblem about 2x the size. that will take a little over a week to arrive i think. i will wait till i get that one to decide which to use. i think the large one may be TOO large.
Old 12/13/06, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
I have the same setup on my black GT...sweet!

any chances of pictures? I would love to see the medallion in black on a black GT.

Thanks
Fitz
Old 12/13/06, 07:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Soundwave,

While we couldn't put OEM logos on the medallion for our customers due to trademark rights, we are glad to produce a piece that is so "adaptable" to custom finishing by our customers BTW - even with the small one, that looks nice, and is going to look great on the car.

Brad, yours is on the way, I made it custom this morning before leaving to continue setup at PRI. And guess what? For the first time in two years, the #05 car got waxed today! Of course, now everything just slides off, which is bad for display stuff, but it's all good, she is going to look great under the lights.
Old 12/13/06, 08:15 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Oh! I like that
G
T

emblem idea.
Old 12/13/06, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

marcello, thanks again for keeping me updated with the medallion. not sure if you know who i am, but thanks. yeah, i think the small gt looks good, but i want to wait to see how the large one looks before i decide. love being able to customize it.

afblue.... thanks man. i think it goes great with my 65 gt side emblems. i was trying to figure out a way to modify a 68 gas cap, but this way is so much easier.
Old 12/13/06, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Marcello, my medallion arrived today, and I cannot believe the quality of this item And frankly, it concerns me. This level of craftsmanship is unholy, have you made a deal with the devil?

I can't wait to get it installed, though it won't be for at least a week. My car is getting painted Friday, and the back trunk panel is going to be flat black. So I think the brushed aluminum will look outstanding on that Thank you again.
Old 12/17/06, 06:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL - I appreciate it, but no deals with him - yet... although I sometimes wonder if I'm not falling into the trap like in "the Devil's Advocate" or something...

I just decided that as a customer, I wasn't happy with what was being made for the Mustang, and if you're going to make a piece that is basically for appearance, well then it better at least look good, right? If it's a subframe connector, then maybe a little weld spatter or rough paint is okay, but if you want something to be there because of it's looks, then it should at least do that part well.

Hopefully sometime next year we'll start playing with performance products I want to do as well... although as busy as we are with appearance products, I'm thinking we're going to have to add more staff to do them justice.
Old 12/18/06, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Any smooth faced emblems available yet?? Santa Claus has been looking. I'm thinking about putting the steering wheel pony cap on this piece.

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement