05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/06, 05:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Update?

We're at the MCA 30th show, with the first run of emblems here, both in GT and classic vertical bar styles, in every finish except bead blast. Come by our trailer and check them out. Oh... you want pictures...

I took a few before we left, but have not had a chance to upload them anywhere yet, so when we get back from the show, we will get the good pictures done and get rolling with letting everyone on the Internet see them too.
Old 9/1/06, 05:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
the fuel cell is for racing applications and I would like to make the rear faux gas cap functional because I hate fake stuff on a car. I was thinking of making the trunklid like the clamshell style they used to be, I could then even go with the oldschool shelby lights
That's quite a modification there...

I'll tell you what - if you go that route, we'll do up a 94-04 door for you that would solve the issue, because it is mounted differently, and has a flat back, so you could join it up pretty simply to a fuel filler setup. Then it would be functional, and look good.
Old 9/2/06, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Update?

We're at the MCA 30th show, with the first run of emblems here, both in GT and classic vertical bar styles, in every finish except bead blast. Come by our trailer and check them out. Oh... you want pictures...

I took a few before we left, but have not had a chance to upload them anywhere yet, so when we get back from the show, we will get the good pictures done and get rolling with letting everyone on the Internet see them too.
That was just mean I've been looking through this whole thread for the GT style then you make us wait.
Old 9/4/06, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

So, anyone that was at the show get some pics of the elusive GT version? Or a few of the other finishes?
Old 9/5/06, 07:54 AM
Banned

i love it, they only thing that kills me is there is nothing when you open it. lets do a little cutting and when you open it there will be an lcd screen playing video.
Old 9/5/06, 07:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

As Promised :)

Here are the first few pictures. Like I said, they aren't the best photos, and I don't have all the styles covered, but you get the idea.

Here's the list of finishes available:

GT style:
Bead Blast - clear anodized
Black Anodize
Polished - clear anodized
Chrome Plated

Classic vertical bar style:
Brushed - clear anodized
Bead Blast - clear anodized
Black Anodize
Polished - clear anodized
Chrome Plated
Attached Images        
Old 9/5/06, 08:04 AM
Cobra Member

Great job Marcello, the rear medallions look amazing!

One question: what are the dimensions of the vertical bar (height x width)? I'm already thinking about a tri-bar pony emblem and I hope there is one small enough to fit. Thanks!

PS: when can we start ordering these?
Old 9/6/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry, but I am too lazy at this time to read this whole thread and look for this, but do we have pricing info available? (on all the ones listed above) Any other versions not pictured yet?

Thanks
Old 9/6/06, 12:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Dimensions on vertical bar:

1.25"x5.4" approx.

Pricing:

129.00 for Brushed clear anodize (Vertical Classic Style Only)
129.00 for Black Anodize (vertical classic or GT style)
129.00 for Bead Blast Finish (vertical bar or GT style) - not available yet.
149.00 for Polished Clear Anodize (vertical Bar or GT style)
169.00 for 3-layer Chrome Plated (vertical bar or GT style)

They aren't even on our website yet, but we should have that solved in the next few days - still catching up from the show...

If you want to order right now, you can call us, and we can take the order over the phone. Otherwise, like I said, we'll have them up on our site in a couple days.
Old 9/6/06, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

i definetly want chrome, but i cant decide if i want the GT or plain. gonna have to wait for some guinea pigs i guess. i already have the honeycomb panel, am i going to have to remove it to get my stock GT one off? are there alignment pins for these things or just the key hole?
Old 9/6/06, 02:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Nope..

You have to BE the guinea pig this early on...

As to attachment, it's a five minute install even with the honeycomb panel on. Directions are in the box, and I'll get them on the website soon too. It's basically a pop and replace deal, add one hole with a 1/8" drill for added security if you like, although we had one on for a month without it and had no problems.

And yes, there are locating dowels machined into the rear of the part to match the factory holes. It also is machined carefully around the keyhole for a good fit, but you don't need to use that as your locating point.
Old 9/6/06, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

will i get to have more pix of my car on your site then? lol. i see you liked how the honeycomb came out on mine, the black with M U S T A N G across the back! im getting ready to order one of these medallions, just gotta decide!
Old 9/6/06, 06:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

How about we replace the currnet picture with an updated one when you get the medallion on there? The old 2-for-1 deal!

Heck, we got pictures of our car 3/4 rear on track this weekend, figured they would make good cover shots for the whole site.
Old 9/6/06, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

did the original mustangs have GT or anything on their gas caps or were they plain?
Old 9/6/06, 06:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Depends on the year.

71-73 had two styles, one had a pony, the other was almost a dead ringer for our "classic" vertical bar style (this was on the mach 1)

Older models had varying setups, from tri-bar ponies to GT / GTA lettering, etc...

And yes, if I recall correctly, some were pretty plain too.
Old 9/6/06, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

im KINDA leaning towards the gt since i am going to keep the GT badges on the sides.... decisions decisons!
Old 9/6/06, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Marcello,
I really like the black anodized finish on the GT one, but the silver screws really catch the eye. Do you have any black screws to match the black finish? Also in one pic there is a black ring with a polished or chrome center, will you be offering a mix and match finish option like that?
Thanks.
Old 9/6/06, 07:31 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No on the black screws because they are normally black-oxide coated, which means they will rust when left out in the elements. The screws that are in our parts are stainless, but are threaded in, so you could remove them, give them a once-over with some black, and re-install them, giving you trouble-free life and the color you are looking for without any real work (I'd guess it would take longer for the paint to dry than to do the actual job...)

As to the mix and match - I like it too, but not immediately (although we will do it). We need to get pieces into the supply chain and get a feel for what the market wants in finishes before we start doing the "B&W" pieces like we have on our fuel doors. If we only offered 2 finishes like some of the others on the market, it would be easier, but since I like to let people have some choices... we now have 5 finishes, and each one has to be inventoried... Now if you can convince a buddy of yours to go with the opposite of what you have... I can have a pair of parts swapped around before they ship

There is of course the only one currently in existence with a black ring and chrome door that we do have... 169.00 (chrome medallion price) takes it!
Old 9/6/06, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought there was going to be three different styles?
Old 9/6/06, 10:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Oddly enough, the "third" style - basically a plain door that can accept a variety of emblems, isn't ready yet. We had to decide which ones to do first, so these won the fight in the machine.

I'm working on adding them to our website now... I'll add links in a few when the product descriptions are done.

Ok, here they are !!

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/cart.php

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement