05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/06, 09:01 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Randy, how's it going? I still have your email addy here, and if we could offer the letters with color inlays, we would (too many combos to inventory if we did though - already over 15)

I'll get the black pictures up ASAP, they will be very similar to the fuel door in finish, and you will be able to do the same thing as you did with the fuel door.

I'm working on the 07-up A/C ***** right now too - just responded in another thread about that...
Old 7/17/06, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
It's no sweat on the likes and dislikes - what matters on your car is that you are true to yourself, and let others do the same. I don't like "riced" cars at all, but by all means, if that's what the guy wants to do to his car, it is his, and on the better executed ones, I still respect the work that goes into them. The fact that a large number of owners do like each product we design allows us to make the next part, and the next one, etc... (the quarter windows wouldn't have happened if the honeycomb panel wasn't the success it has become)

Screws are silver in appearance because we use stainless steel there. They are a standard thread, so they are not hard to replace, but standard black oxide screws would rust, hence why we stick with the stainless. Of course, they are easily removable, so they could be painted if you like and then re-installed on the part.
What impresses me is the quality. I don't care for the honeycomb panel, but I've seen it on several cars in parking lots and each looked like a quality piece. That's what keeps me looking at your threads hoping you'll make something I like

Keep up the good work. I may be interested in the rear badge and am highly interested in the quarter window replacements.

Also, couldn't agree more with your first paragraph. It's not so much whether I like a car as much as did they do it right.
Old 7/17/06, 03:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah yes, aren't we lucky everyone does have their own preference?

Thankfully I've developed somewhat of a thick skin for when people call my designs "hideous" - it's okay - someday I'll design something you will like for your car...
Sorry Marcello. i didn't realize you designed it. Hideous was a bit harsh.how about"not my cup of tea".Anyways thanks for taking citicisms with a grain of salt. A true gentleman!
maybe you could design some interior billet products??
Old 7/17/06, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
maybe you could design some interior billet products??
That's what I was coming back to this thread to request. I'd love to see some replacement speaker grills for both front and back, and the covers over the LATCH system. I also think something needs to be done in the trunk, I just can't think of anything decent EXCEPT, make replacements for the "screws" that hold the rear trim in the trunk (the ones with the Torx 30 head on them), and leave hooks on the ends so cargo nets could be attached to them.
Old 7/17/06, 05:35 PM
GT Member

It's not quite my thing, but I expect the new GT one would be my thing. I'll have to see it. The quality looks great with all of your stuff, which I really respect. It impresses me and makes me look forward to everything you will do in the future, regardless of my particular taste.

With the new GT emblem, would it also have some accessibility to the keyhole, or would it just cover it up, and you get to use the rear seat folddown + emergency hatch cord if your clicker breaks?
Old 7/17/06, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by schmads
With the new GT emblem, would it also have some accessibility to the keyhole, or would it just cover it up, and you get to use the rear seat folddown + emergency hatch cord if your clicker breaks?
hehe. Us vert owners don't have that option. I sure hope the GT and "other" designs provide a flip-down access as well.
Old 7/17/06, 07:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Actually, the initial idea was to block it completely, but I shot that down exactly because of convertible owners getting locked out if the trunk solenoid fails. So to answer the question, they will all be hinged for keyhole functionality.

Chuck, no harm no foul. If you actually can dig up the first, first thread on the honeycomb panel I took a bit of a whacking there too - and that was before I had sold the first one, but had already mortgaged the house to make the mold. So it was pretty scary there for a while until they started selling and I realized that there will be about equal #'s of people that like, and dislike each piece we do - hopefully, like has been mentioned here, people will at least respect the workmanship and quality that goes into our parts, whether they want them for their particular car or not. (which seems to be the consensus here.)

Now I don't want to go mucking up this thread with interior stuff (we just started this one ) but yes, we are working on Shaker 500 speaker covers (in my opinion the ones on the market could be better), cup bezels that actually work (more details soon), and we already have started on the 07-up A/C **** issue, since they did away with the D-shafts on the new cars. Also there will be door handles, cups, and window switch plates, all done the way I feel they need to be done. There will be more, but those are immediate projects..
Old 7/17/06, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 06tungstenstang
nice,ill wait then.cant wait to see the gt version.do you have any pics of your black gt gascap on a car?the pics on your site is kind of hard to make out.i was hoping for pics in the sun.thanks
I actually just recieved a black fuel door for my stang through the mail. Unfortunately I havent had the time to put it on yet. maybe tomorrow or the next day and I will get pics up for you so you can see it.
Old 7/17/06, 08:08 PM

oops the dreaded double post.
Old 7/17/06, 08:10 PM

We've tried, but not too much luck here. Because our car is white, the camera really has trouble when we put a black door on for photos. Let me see what I have in the customer photos....

Only have one submitted picture - want to make it two?
I can send you a pic of mine once its installed. Allthough my stang is black with the black fuel door.
Old 7/18/06, 07:15 AM
V6 Member

yeh post it up.i may end up with the brushed clear anodized version.i think it may look better with the tungsten and match the wheels better.im hoping to see one in person next week at mustang week.
Old 7/18/06, 04:57 PM
Cobra Member

Now I don't want to go mucking up this thread with interior stuff (we just started this one ) but yes, we are working on Shaker 500 speaker covers (in my opinion the ones on the market could be better), cup bezels that actually work (more details soon), and we already have started on the 07-up A/C **** issue, since they did away with the D-shafts on the new cars. Also there will be door handles, cups, and window switch plates, all done the way I feel they need to be done. There will be more, but those are immediate projects..
Don't forget the rear grills also. They should actually be quite easy as just using perforated metal and getting it plated. They're pretty much just a flat grill.

Marcello, do you plan to offer the black anodized finish on all your parts ?
Old 7/19/06, 12:25 PM
Cobra Member

I think I have found another exterior part to add to my future wants/needs. What I like about it is the hinged cover removing the keyhole from sight, this will also allow me to switch from street to track use (for complying to NHRA rules concerning the relocation of the battery to the trunk) without worrying about people fooling around with a disconnect switch mounted out back and in clear sight.

Im your customer on this and on the quarter window when those get done.

By the by, I highly respect the way you conduct your business and customer relations.

-Dan
Old 7/19/06, 01:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Perry,

We'd like to see one on black as well. I know we've sold them to black car owners, but nobody has sent us a black on black picture yet.

Infinity,

There are no plans at the moment for rear grills - although it might come down the road. For the moment though, we're just working on the fronts.

Dan,

Thanks. We try to treat people the way we'd like to be treated. It's a really simple set of rules that we work by - no rocket science or polling data needed to know you should treat people with respect.
Old 7/19/06, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Installation question...

What is the orientation of the medallion alignment pins holes in the trunklid.

Horizontal or vertical alignment? And what is the spacing? like 1 inch?

I was thinking of replacing the medallion with a smaller emblem.
Old 7/19/06, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

The rear medallion replacement looks cool. Any possibility of having an engraved tribar? Can't wait to see the speaker covers. I agree with you, none of the speaker covers really work for me. I was thinking something can be done with the form of the speaker (looks like the stock rear emblem). Maybe have a running pony going across.
Old 7/19/06, 07:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Steve,

I'd say no way. The holes are horizontal, about 2" apart, and like 3/8" diameter. I can't think of any OEM emblem that would cover the holes properly, and also, you have to consider that the arc of the trunk is going to mess you up as well.

Just things to think about...

In other news - we might need a write-in campaign to Ford - we're getting ready to submit our request to become "officially licensed" which would mean we'd be able to offer more of our products with official logos and emblems engraved into them.
Old 7/19/06, 07:04 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Spirit
The rear medallion replacement looks cool. Any possibility of having an engraved tribar? Can't wait to see the speaker covers. I agree with you, none of the speaker covers really work for me. I was thinking something can be done with the form of the speaker (looks like the stock rear emblem). Maybe have a running pony going across.
If we get licensed, most definitely yes. If not, then most definitely no.
Old 7/20/06, 12:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

[quote=SilverHorseRacing
In other news - we might need a write-in campaign to Ford - we're getting ready to submit our request to become "officially licensed" which would mean we'd be able to offer more of our products with official logos and emblems engraved into them. [/quote]

Just let us know what you need, I for one would be more than happy to help out.

Scott
Old 7/20/06, 02:08 PM

Perry,

We'd like to see one on black as well. I know we've sold them to black car owners, but nobody has sent us a black on black picture yet.

Infinity,

There are no plans at the moment for rear grills - although it might come down the road. For the moment though, we're just working on the fronts.

Dan,

Thanks. We try to treat people the way we'd like to be treated. It's a really simple set of rules that we work by - no rocket science or polling data needed to know you should treat people with respect.
here is one shot I did start a new thread. Awesome work guys and great quality

I have a few closer shots in a new thread.

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement