05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/06, 09:12 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement

Ok guys, here it is. After mucking up a couple of our other threads for quite some time, we have some shots of one of our three rear medallion replacements that *should* start arriving within the next week. (machining is done, they are off for finishing now)

Some details of our part:
  • Backside machined for a perfect fit to trunk panel, so owners who do not have our honeycomb panel can still install this piece.
  • Includes alignment pins machined into ring to align part perfectly with trunk (trunk has two ~1/4" holes already in it for alignment purposes)
  • Uses the same hardware as our fuel doors for long-life (stainless fastners and pins, with plated magnets and striker plate)
  • Covers the keyhole in the closed position, but opens fully in case you need to use your key for trunk entry (dead remote, dead solenoid, etc..)
  • Can re-use existing 3M tape on car if factory medallion is removed properly. Alternatively, they WILL have new 3M tape included and custom cut to fit. (This is actually one of the delays we are working on right now - the cutting, not getting the tape, that's the easy part)
  • Will also include a marine-grade stainless sheet metal screw in case you want to be 100% sure your piece is not leaving the car - will require a 5/32 hole to be drilled on center to use this - part already has countersunk hole to accomodate screw.
  • Will be available in the "classic" style shown, with GT lettering engraved (photos next week) or in a third style which we haven't finalized yet, although we are close.
  • Will be available in the following finishes, some of which match our Fuel Door line of parts: (Not all finishes available in all styles due to finishing methods)
  • Vertical Brushed - clear anodized
  • Bead Blasted - clear anodized
  • Black anodized
  • Polished - clear anodized
  • Polished and chrome plated
Attached Images    
Old 7/16/06, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking good,cant wait to see the gt version.im guessing pricing will be similar to the fuel doors?
Old 7/16/06, 09:33 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 7/16/06, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Wicked! Another mod to add the the list.
Old 7/16/06, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Very cool and retro, great job!!
Old 7/16/06, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

Old 7/16/06, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Great pics, you can really see the detail and care that went into the design. Can you get a pic of the entire rear end of the car with this piece on? I would like to see how awsome it looks in the grand sceme of things.
Looks good so far, I am waiting to see the GT on and also the 3rd style before I make up my mind.
Thanks.
Old 7/16/06, 11:08 AM
GTR Member

Looks great! But, I like the stock GT medallion too much to change it. Excellent quality and workmanship, though!
Old 7/16/06, 11:28 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice piece

There's more pics of it in the Southwest regional forum under a Tampa meet thread by MTAS.
Old 7/16/06, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you already have the billet replacement fuel door Id go with one or the other. If you do both its just to much and it makes it seem like you have two fuel tanks.
Old 7/16/06, 01:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
If you already have the billet replacement fuel door Id go with one or the other. If you do both its just to much and it makes it seem like you have two fuel tanks.
Actually, we developed the piece only after we had a fuel door on the car, and realized that unless you have the chrome fuel door, you've got a non-matching setup on the left side / back of the car. The GT and 3rd variation will be less "fuel door" in appearance, and I think that they will make a good addition to our cars.

As always, I know that this piece isn't for everyone - if everyone wanted the same thing, this would be a really boring place to live But on the flip side, I am really thrilled with how these are looking, and can't wait until we have some of the different finishes and styles in stock so I can decide which one to keep on our car.
Old 7/16/06, 01:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Scott
Great pics, you can really see the detail and care that went into the design. Can you get a pic of the entire rear end of the car with this piece on? I would like to see how awsome it looks in the grand sceme of things.
Looks good so far, I am waiting to see the GT on and also the 3rd style before I make up my mind.
Thanks.
Umm... hold on a sec...

Ok - had to go take and adjust one for you...
Attached Images   
Old 7/16/06, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dont get me wrong it looks great. I saw it on your car in person remember. Its just not for me. Cant wait to see some of the other finishes you come up with. Hopefully they will change my mind. I will though probably order one of those black GT fuel doors like you showed me. Just gotta wait to my next pay check.
Old 7/16/06, 03:19 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
Dont get me wrong it looks great. I saw it on your car in person remember. Its just not for me. .
No, that's cool - it's exactly what I meant. I know that not every piece we make is for everyone's car, and that's just part of the business. Hence my smiley in the last post.

On the fuel door, let me know - we have them in stock, as well as a bunch of other stuff too.
Old 7/16/06, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks pretty nice.
Old 7/16/06, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Umm... hold on a sec...

Ok - had to go take and adjust one for you...
Thanks! Looks good, can't wait to see the other designs.
Old 7/16/06, 05:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
nice piece

There's more pics of it in the Southwest regional forum under a Tampa meet thread by MTAS.
oops- 'southeast'
Old 7/16/06, 05:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah the flippy thing. I dont really get the point but I would buy it. It looks kind of cool and it would confuse the crap out of my friends.
Old 7/16/06, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

im guessing i should wait to put my honeycomb panel on?or can you put these on just as easy with the panel in place?
Old 7/16/06, 05:27 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 06tungstenstang
im guessing i should wait to put my honeycomb panel on?or can you put these on just as easy with the panel in place?
Either way - We've had two on and off now without removing the honeycomb panel, but at the same time, if you want to use new adhesive (which will be included) you might want to wait as removing the old adhesive will be easier without the honeycomb panel in place. (Although not impossible to remove, just a bit more involved).

It's actually amazing - we put the first prototype on just to see how it looked, after basically pulling off the OEM piece. Needless to say we almost bent the trunk when it came time to remove it, and that was with the OEM adhesive that had already been on the car for over a year! So between the strength of the tape and the precision of the fit, it's actually a possibility to make the job go from 1 hour + to only about 5 minutes...

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Rear Medallion Replacement