05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

shelby conversions and the rice factor

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/07, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang,

It's been a little while since we've had a really good rice bash & trash segment. The last one went on forever. Remember on modificaitons if you go back and look at the history of the ford mustang, that it was not unusual for the ford dealers to sell the after market accessories to make V-8 mustangs look like GT's. People change their minds and add aftermarket parts they wished were on the original car or in my case on an ordered car.

There is nothing wrong with modification of your own car, some off it gets really far out as we all know, but that's really non of our business. In the end everyone knows the real deal if your into mustangs as most of us on this forum are.

I really can see why someone would add the GT 500 front and rear facia and other stuff because of the ADM's, it's almost impossible to find one at a reasonable price. Northpoint Ford in Little Rock wants a $5,000 non refundable deposit and $15,000 over sticker on a GT-500. On the Shelby Mustang, you could take almost any GT/CS in white or black and do a pretty close modification that only the most picky of us would notice. But on this car, the quantity of cars produced has actually started to bring the price down to MSRP or lower.

I say leave everyone alone and let's bash/trash something else. How about we get back on the ADM thing again on the GT-500s...

Just my thoughts........
Old 5/1/07, 12:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my mind the bottom line is simple... what does it matter if you take a Timex watch and put it a Rolex box? So long as you don't try to pass it off as a Rolex you're ok. The minute you mis-represent it and tell people its the new commemorative Timex Rolex you're treading on very thin ice.

Putting GT emblems on a V6, GT500 emblems on a GT, or Cobra emblems on anything other than a Cobra tends to be problematic. Installing GT500 or California Special bumper covers, on the other hand, aren't...

And there's my 2 cents worth.
Old 5/1/07, 12:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fully! that is all i am saying! put the gt500 front fascia on your car, i think that it looks great too! put the cobra and shelby badging on it.....and it is rice...
Old 5/1/07, 12:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I like black rice...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=158
Old 5/1/07, 01:05 AM
Cobra Member

Old 5/1/07, 05:06 AM
Cobra R Member

That looks awesome Ray.
Old 5/1/07, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
You think anyone with the slightest bit of common sense is going to believe a cardboard box on wheels with 15 monitors and 15" spinner rims beat a full blown GT500? If anyone believes that its going to be that Scion Kids mom(who knows nothing about cars) or his dog(who is incapable of rational thought).

I think you all worry too much about "street cred" Like AFBlue already mentioned, whats gonna stop a group of trashcan muffler kids from saying they beat a GT500/GT or anything for that matter? Heck, hey guys. yesterday I PWNED a street bike. yeah...

I was being sarcastic. I dont think anyone ever claiming they beat a GT500 in a street race will ever effect the GT500 in anyway.
so some guy races a GT500-clone and beats it and goes home and tells his friend. whoo-dee-doo, there is one horse's petoot in the world who think GT500s arnt the best. who cares? not me
Old 5/1/07, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Faber
fully! that is all i am saying! put the gt500 front fascia on your car, i think that it looks great too! put the cobra and shelby badging on it.....and it is rice...
I don't agree that its rice Faber... to me thats simply posing (representing your car as being something its not).

On the other hand body panels and fender emblems really don't make the car what it is... they just provide visual clues to its identity. Think of it another way... rip the body panels off a GT500 and replace them with an aftermarket kit. The car underneath is still a GT500. It still drives like a GT500. It just looks different.
Old 5/1/07, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think people need to give this topic a rest. There are much more important topics to worry about today in this world. Besides how often are you going to run into someone from the forum, on the streets where you live and who really cares what they think about your mod's. Its your car along with its payment so do what turns you on and enjoy it. AND ALL THE HATERS OUT THERE, LET IT GO. These people have spent alot of time and money to create something, so please stop sh*ting on their parade.
Old 5/1/07, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-MU...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 5/1/07, 08:34 PM
Cobra Member

Holy Rice Batman!!!!
Old 5/1/07, 08:37 PM
V6 Member

Old 5/1/07, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

ok whoever made that car needs to lay off the meth.
Old 5/1/07, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

This One Made Me Laugh

This is so funny!

Who are you to dictate what other people do to their cars?

Answer this first: Is it your money? An average shelby Gt500 conversion can range from $3K to $6K. Have you done that kind of spending to modify your car?

My point is, hate it the way you want. There is nothing wrong with people who want to modify their Mustangs and look like a high performance Mustangs. History can serve as a witness to that.

This thread just shows how narrow your appreciation for other people's efforts (and $$) to perform what they really want on their cars.... And I think this forum fully supports that fact.

By the way, there are almost as many people owning V6 as GT's so why are you increasing the HATE FACTOR ON EACH OF US? What is wrong with a V6?

I dont know about you, but I like this forum because I learn a lot and not because it's free to degrade other people's cars...

Originally Posted by Faber
I am sure this is going to embitter some folks, but i gotta say it.

Isn't converting the GT to look like a shelby by all virtues the very definition of rice? I mean unless you are making some serious power you run the risk of running into competition on the street that may very well blow the doors off of a GT, but may not exactly be able to run down a shelby, and if they beat you then you have just marred the badges of every real shelby out on the street. I have seen quite a few cars up here that are worthy of the shelby badge and those cars are exempt from this rice shot....I am however firing a shot accross the bow of the charlatans that have a shelby badge on their GT or god forbid V6 stang.

let the flames begin.
Old 5/1/07, 09:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Gee - I remember the days before rice.

You know - the guy that went to your high school with the 72 Nova.

More primer than paint.
Cragar SS wheels - unilug of course.
Shackle kit to fit the 3-sizes-too-large rear tires.
SS396 badges - Chevy 307 with a 2 barrel under the hood. ("One day I'm gonna put two 4's on it")
Rusty yellow traction bars.
Cherry bombs / side exhaust.
Hooker - Holley - Crane stickers all over.
Dad's garage shop speakers wedged in the rear window.

Prehistoric rice maybe???
Old 5/1/07, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by project_v6
This is so funny!

Answer this first: Is it your money? An average shelby Gt500 conversion can range from $3K to $6K. Have you done that kind of spending to modify your car?

My point is, hate it the way you want. There is nothing wrong with people who want to modify their Mustangs and look like a high performance Mustangs. History can serve as a witness to that.

This thread just shows how narrow your appreciation for other people's efforts (and $$) to perform what they really want on their cars.... And I think this forum fully supports that fact.

By the way, there are almost as many people owning V6 as GT's so why are you increasing the HATE FACTOR ON EACH OF US? What is wrong with a V6?

I dont know about you, but I like this forum because I learn a lot and not because it's free to degrade other people's cars...
i spent more then that...
Old 5/1/07, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by project_v6
This is so funny!

I'm not sure you know this.....but I AM a pretty big deal around here.....

I ALONE actually dictate what people do to their cars. since I am the dictator of mods now I demand that you dismantle your shelby thing and paint it brown....

I owned a V6 for a couple days before it went back for a GT after i got beat by an acura. i guess i am into power and speed and not so much looking fast.

seriously man, I think your shelby looks great. You did a great job spending your money on what makes you tick. if you park your car and you have to look back at it and admire it, and it makes you happy then that is awesome. btw I have spent about 4500 so far on my car in mods, and it goes pretty fast, and looks pretty cool...well....at the moment it looks like hell because some lady hit it doing 50 and pretty much totalled it....but it will be back.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, or anyones feelings with my rice rant. I agree....we need more love, and less hate.

it probably stems from jealousy since i am driving a rental pontiac grand am.....

peace people.
Old 5/1/07, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I have an emblem question being on this topic ..... I personally would not put a NEW cobra emblem on my car but I was thinking about putting this one on my fender in place of the GT emblems on my '07 Grabber Orange GT with the Cervini's Eleanor kit .. a 1967 emblem .. I'm on the fence -
I'm trying to get the one thats just like this but instead has an 'E' after the 500 but I think its only available through Unique Performance on the 'real' Foose Eleanors
Old 5/1/07, 10:31 PM
Cobra Member

I think no badges would look better. Keep em guessing. very very nice car btw!
Old 5/2/07, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
That looks awesome Ray.
Thank you Kyle!

Quick Reply: shelby conversions and the rice factor