05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

new airbrushed ponies

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/05, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 2006GT@October 28, 2005, 12:11 PM
Yes! what he said. Or of course Vista blue...
I agree...I would LOVE to shoot this onto chrome......if someone made the primer Which they dont (nobody would gaurantee me they would not peel) it still couldnt really be done economically Because there would have to be tape lines to get the primer on the areas we want to put color.....Imagine trying to tape the lines in the pics of the ones posted here....it would take hours to do the taping. Me and my buddy dont have that kind of paitence either....LOL!!!! Nerves would be wacked after about 10 hours of that!!!! ;-) So for now.....color is the only way to fly!!!

I am totally blown away by the interest in these guys, I appreciate it very much!!!! Its nice to see so many appreciate our ideas.
Old 10/28/05, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I can get you to do some Shelby letters that I can put on the rear trunk .....

Old 10/28/05, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MilStang@October 28, 2005, 3:30 PM
Maybe I can get you to do some Shelby letters that I can put on the rear trunk .....

we could do some really wicked looking ones but we would have to have the trunk ;-)
Old 10/28/05, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bill check your PMs!
Old 10/28/05, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

OK. Well let me first qualify this post. I am not associated with Bill, his new found business and have never met him and have not recieved any discount for my new "pony". I contacted Bill and started down this road when i saw his car in a post (something about front ends). I paid the full amount "up front" and "side un seen". Well it arrived today as promissed. And just as I anticipated it is everything that Bill said.

The quality is first rate. This is not some mass prodeced piece. The craftmanship is evident. The clear coat looks like glass!!! Absolutly no flaws in the paint. Bill you should type up a small instruction sheet on how to install, pins etc... I'm going to install this weekend and will post pics.

Great job Bill and Thank You...
Old 10/28/05, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by hireman@October 28, 2005, 3:33 PM
we could do some really wicked looking ones but we would have to have the trunk ;-)
Give me until the end of next summer and I will get the trunk.

Old 10/28/05, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@October 28, 2005, 7:17 PM
Bill check your PMs!
got it GhostGT...now check yours ;-)
Old 10/28/05, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SRQ05GT@October 28, 2005, 7:17 PM
OK. Well let me first qualify this post. I am not associated with Bill, his new found business and have never met him and have not recieved any discount for my new "pony". I contacted Bill and started down this road when i saw his car in a post (something about front ends). I paid the full amount "up front" and "side un seen". Well it arrived today as promissed. And just as I anticipated it is everything that Bill said.

The quality is first rate. This is not some mass prodeced piece. The craftmanship is evident. The clear coat looks like glass!!! Absolutly no flaws in the paint. Bill you should type up a small instruction sheet on how to install, pins etc... I'm going to install this weekend and will post pics.

Great job Bill and Thank You...

Thanks Jeff.....I'm glad it got there.....I went to dinner tonight w/ the girlfriend and I kept wondering if it got there...USPS rocks....well, sometimes....in this case they did Glad my first one got to someone who is as excited about his passion as I am. Enjoy it, AND dont forget to turn when you look for storefronts that give you that just right reflection as your heading straight towards it to see yourself coming and the pony start to glow....did I say I have passion about my cars or what????? :-)

Again, I really want to thank everyone for the awesome response to these...its already more than I thought it would be.....I think there are a lot more passionate "me's " out there than I thought!!!!
Old 10/28/05, 11:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hireman@October 29, 2005, 12:12 AM
got it GhostGT...now check yours ;-)
and I'll do something on the trunk for ya that will blow your mind......of course , I would have to make a few high-speed test passes to make sure our materials would not peel or blow off!!!
Old 10/29/05, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hireman@October 27, 2005, 7:56 PM
Hey David......get the springs on yet? When you get it lowered I want to see some pics!!! These cars look so much better with a little air out from under them.

The pricing is not firm yet but they should come in around 105.00 give or take 5 bucks or so for adjustments on shipping ( trying to get packaging perfected now). I have a large pony emblem order coming over the next couple weeks......If your interested , email me at hireman356@aol.com that will get you on the list. When the ponies arrive I will email you a pay-pal invoice, once paid yours goes to get painted. I dont want any chance of peeling so heres the steps we are using. When we get the ponies ( factory parts)I bead-blast off the factory chrome off. Then sand really smooth, apply adhesion promoter, then self etching primer. Then we do the basecoat, apply the flames in candies and pearls , then two coats of clear. As you can see, its quite a process to get it right. I look at these as being different , like the ultimate pedals are far superior to UPR or Steeda. There will never be any two the same as they are all hand airbrushed. Also the above estimated price includes USPS priority shipping w/ delivery confirm number, their wrapped in bubble wrap then either going to be packed in a box with the styro-foam peanuts or put in a bubble envelope for shipping. As I have told everyone so far , the color choices are wide open but I believe certain things would work best for everyone no matter the colors of the flames they choose. One is a black base....I feel it helps smooth the transition out between the grill and the color on the ponies....but thats just my personal opinion. Also, I have recieved a request or two for something "evil"....look for a pic , hopefully this weekend of a flaming pony skeleton in red candies and pearls on a black base....that one should be killer.Its going to be done on a 04 emblem because thats all we have right now...LOL. That type of work will be a little more costly because of the time involved , but the 05 emblem lends itself to more detail simply because of its size.

thanks for the interest!!!
No Bill, I have not cut them yet, to busy at the moment, probably in the spring.....your pony's are awsome, perhaps they will be in my future down the road
Old 10/29/05, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

OK. As promised the 1st install (excluding the prototype on Bills car). Not to bad. This was the first time I have had the front off, so I took advantage and cleaned the radiator and some of the other front end. Getting the old Pony out of the grill was about what I expected, those little pin clips are a pain in the &*)%^&. Once I got the old one out I used a 1/4 inch socket to push the new pin clips (supplied by Bill) on to the Pony's pins.

My opinion. This was a good finishing touch for my 05GT. I have chrome wheels so removal of the chrome pony was a good thing. I felt the car had a little to much Bling. Anyway, I'v seen some of the other colors being discussed and can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks again Bill.

[attachmentid=37340][attachmentid=37341]
Old 10/29/05, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SRQ05GT@October 29, 2005, 6:15 PM
OK. As promised the 1st install (excluding the prototype on Bills car). Not to bad. This was the first time I have had the front off, so I took advantage and cleaned the radiator and some of the other front end. Getting the old Pony out of the grill was about what I expected, those little pin clips are a pain in the &*)%^&. Once I got the old one out I used a 1/4 inch socket to push the new pin clips (supplied by Bill) on to the Pony's pins.

My opinion. This was a good finishing touch for my 05GT. I have chrome wheels so removal of the chrome pony was a good thing. I felt the car had a little to much Bling. Anyway, I'v seen some of the other colors being discussed and can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks again Bill.

[attachmentid=37340][attachmentid=37341]
looks great Jeff!!!! Glad you got it on so fast. Question for you, did you remove the entire grill to do this?
Old 10/29/05, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Yup.

[attachmentid=37347][attachmentid=37350]
Old 10/29/05, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SRQ05GT@October 29, 2005, 7:43 PM
Yup.

[attachmentid=37347][attachmentid=37350]
WOW...you did a lot more than me.....LOL. All I did my first time was to remove the bolts on each side of the headlight (1 each side, 10 MM I believe) then took off the radiator cover, pulled out on the grill a bit and popped off the clips on the back then removed.

That pic of the pony in the grill under the lights is awesome....really shows the intensity of the candies!!!!
Old 10/29/05, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

UPDATE ON DELIVERY !!!!
I just heard that the factory pony shipment should be here by next Thursday , Nov. 3rd.They will all get sand-blasted , adhesion promoter and primed at the same time. Looks like we will begin sending out the pay-pal invoices to those who are on the order list By Sunday Nov.6th. Then we start production on Monday Nov. 7th .If the pony shipment arrives on time ( and I SERIOUSLY hope it does) this will kick things off !

thanks again for the continued and incredible interest !!!!

Bill
Old 10/29/05, 09:12 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by hireman@October 29, 2005, 6:06 PM
UPDATE ON DELIVERY !!!!
I just heard that the factory pony shipment should be here by next Thursday , Nov. 3rd.They will all get sand-blasted , adhesion promoter and primed at the same time. Looks like we will begin sending out the pay-pal invoices to those who are on the order list By Sunday Nov.6th. Then we start production on Monday Nov. 7th .If the pony shipment arrives on time ( and I SERIOUSLY hope it does) this will kick things off !

thanks again for the continued and incredible interest !!!!

Bill
Is there anyway you could post the list, so we have an idea how much time until we get ours???
Old 10/30/05, 03:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by S197 GT@October 29, 2005, 10:15 PM
Is there anyway you could post the list, so we have an idea how much time until we get ours???
The way I have made the list is using everyone email addresses and I really dont want to try and matchup the emails to usernames and try to figure out who is who on each message board that has responded. I know where you are in line though ;-) ,and you will be one of the first 10 getting theirs done....so if the ponies arrive on time , getting yours by the end of the week of Nov. 7th should be no problem at all....hope this helps
Old 10/30/05, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hireman@October 29, 2005, 8:49 PM
WOW...you did a lot more than me.....LOL. All I did my first time was to remove the bolts on each side of the headlight (1 each side, 10 MM I believe) then took off the radiator cover, pulled out on the grill a bit and popped off the clips on the back then removed.

That pic of the pony in the grill under the lights is awesome....really shows the intensity of the candies!!!!
Bill, it is really simple to pop off the front, and it made accessing the pins and pony easy. Anyone who is doing this should do the same. It took less than 15 min and simplified the install. And as posted previously it gives you a chance to clean bugs and other stuff from the radiator.

I am planning on installing a Paxton SC this winter so its part of the learning curve for the "Mother Of All Projects".
Old 10/30/05, 05:53 AM
GT Member

where are you located? I would love to have you do some sick airbrushing on my car
Old 10/30/05, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by lightningstang@October 30, 2005, 7:56 AM
where are you located? I would love to have you do some sick airbrushing on my car
North of Atlanta , In Woodstock Ga.

Quick Reply: new airbrushed ponies