Plain
38.55%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/07, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good grief....this thread is still alive?
Old 4/12/07, 06:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup, were trying to keep it alive, Just for fun
Old 4/12/07, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
A Mustang without a scoop is like a booby when it droops. Go ahead take it for a loop without the scoop, and you’ll notice that you’ll look like a dupe. So come out of your coop you fruit-loop, get a scoop like a real troop. LOL
What a load of poop!

Now go pull that sock out of your pants!
Old 4/13/07, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need more rimes. So far the scoopers are winning the poll...just like I thought it would be.
Old 4/13/07, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
No Scoop.... mine has no scoop and the hood looks nice and sleek. I also heard that the scoops are causing some drag. The factory scoops also seem to have liften in some sections causing it to hold water under it. This is a big problem since I dont want water running down my hood 100 times after I wash and dry it.
Yeah, like on my 02. It looked good over all but looking at that thing from the front and all that black plastic make me realize how cheesy it really was. Then as you say, there was the drying the hood 100 times from all the trapped water underneith.. Never again, not on MY Mustang..
Old 4/13/07, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RobK
I ordered mine because I DIDN'T want the appearance package and I DIDN'T want the rear spoiler! Scoop envy my a s s!!! I actually think the stock hood looks really good. It's nice and clean with nice contours. Of course this is my humble opinion. Please don't flame me if you disagree! 2EHO
Yeah. Only he believes that..
Old 4/13/07, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

By the way 07gtcs, that's a beautiful "scoopless" Stang you have on your avatar if I'm not mistaken, heh heh heh. This threads old; I'm out..
Old 4/13/07, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shwaco1967
By the way 07gtcs, that's a beautiful "scoopless" Stang you have on your avatar if I'm not mistaken, heh heh heh. This threads old; I'm out..
Yup, that's my scooples 66 fastback. Only reason it doesn't have a scoop is because it is all original according to the year. If I was to hotrod it, and change engine, tranny rear end, etc...I would definitely have a scoop on it
Old 4/13/07, 09:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Yup, that's my scooples 66 fastback. Only reason it doesn't have a scoop is because it is all original according to the year. If I was to hotrod it, and change engine, tranny rear end, etc...I would definitely have a scoop on it
Given your statement, then why are saying that all of us with 05-06 stangs are :gay: because we don't want/have a scoop. Like you said...I'm not going to put one on, partially because it's not correct for the year.

BTW, I'm out too...this is getting old.
Old 4/13/07, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Given your statement, then why are saying that all of us with 05-06 stangs are :gay: because we don't want/have a scoop. Like you said...I'm not going to put one on, partially because it's not correct for the year.

BTW, I'm out too...this is getting old.
I didn't say it was gay...well, maybe somewhat gay...he, he, he. Geez, what's wrong with you guys...turn down the sensitivity level a bit. This thread was supposed to be fun. BTW, if you are out...you don't have to say you are out...just be out. What the ????
Old 4/13/07, 12:55 PM
Cobra R Member

And I quote (from March 14):

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by mikes rx
i vote no scoop. It looks too "tacked on" IMO, especially without any side scoops. It seems that ford purposely made the car smooth (no side scoops, no hood scoops), unlike the SN95s.

To me, the car looks better in it's "sleek" stock form.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

No Scoop is:gay:
Old 4/13/07, 01:03 PM
Cobra R Member

I didn't say it was gay...well, maybe somewhat gay...he, he, he. Geez, what's wrong with you guys...turn down the sensitivity level a bit. This thread was supposed to be fun. BTW, if you are out...you don't have to say you are out...just be out. What the ????

What's wrong with us is that you keep changing your story to whatever will keep this thread going.

Attachment 23979

At least bring up a new topic that is OPEN to comments without being bashed on.

Watch, now comes the "I guess someone's upset that they're not manly b/c they have no scoop" or some other response of the sort, which is what you've made to each and every person that writes something about not liking the scoop.

BTW, we are telling you that we are out so that you don't wait for us to come back with another response.
Attached Images  
Old 4/13/07, 01:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
See thats why I was trying to keep it alive but fun at the same time. Ive always liked scoop especially since 3 or more of my cars in history came with them from the factory, Heres my 69 I sold last year..
Old 4/13/07, 01:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
See thats why I was trying to keep it alive but fun at the same time. Ive always liked scoop especially since 3 or more of my cars in history came with them from the factory, Heres my 69 I sold last year..
That's fine. I have no problems with someone liking or disliking a part on a car. That's why you have options. Obviously, some things look better on certain models/colors/etc than other things. That's the nice thing about choice.

What ****es me off is when you have a poll about which one looks better, and then bash the people that disagree with you.

Hence the reason that this, which was one of the original posts on this thread:

How are you going to start a poll, and then say that the answer that doesn't go with your point of view is gay? What's the point of starting the poll then?

If you don't like the response, don't allow someone to even make it.
BTW, I loved my hood scoop/side scoops on my 2000. And yes, I did ADD them to that car (even though it was incorrect for that year), because IMO it looked much better and it gave my V6 a GT look. So, don't start assuming that I'm anti-scoop, because I'm not. I just don't like them as much on the S197's.
Old 4/13/07, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

And I quote (from March 14):
****, I'm busted...okay I admit, it is pretty gay without it. Thanks for pointing that out mikes.
Old 4/13/07, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

What's wrong with us is that you keep changing your story to whatever will keep this thread going.

Attachment 23979

At least bring up a new topic that is OPEN to comments without being bashed on.

Watch, now comes the "I guess someone's upset that they're not manly b/c they have no scoop" or some other response of the sort, which is what you've made to each and every person that writes something about not liking the scoop.

BTW, we are telling you that we are out so that you don't wait for us to come back with another response.
I thought you were gone. Guess not....just kidding man. Lighten up. There is no one pointing a gun at your head telling you to read, post, or reply to this post. Like I said before, have fun with it. TGIF
Old 4/13/07, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mach1mania
No you didn't. You sold it! Agghh! I hope you don't regret it man. I've thought about selling my 66 a couple of times, but then I come home, look at it, take it for a spin, and I forget all about selling it. My wife says sell it since she hardly ever sits in it. We used to go to car shows but she hated it. She prefers ridding in the back of the hawg. She mentioned something about buying a boat...I will not go into the dark side
Old 4/13/07, 04:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I am thinking my whole thing through, since my dealer owes me a huge favor for someone screwing up on my rust spray on my tower struts( looked like doggy wiz ) I refused to let the same people even touch it & said I have the product to do the work & they owe me for 2.5 hr labour Humm thier shop rate ? also the diamond kote was not applied after the first & second rain no beads of water ? and the customer care rep was wondering why the product was still on his shelf when I picked up my car, so he even wondered, so I will have ask to see if and or how much for a new hood no scoop ? and to what end they will cover, unless they have thier body shop take off the scoop scibe it true and reinstall with NO screw ups. Now because the hood is metal & scoop plastic , that when the hood heats there will be some softening that I don't know if it can ever be fixed to 100 % so it was just a BAD design on someones part ! good idea but bad outcome.
Man that sucks. Sorry for your problems. Here in Central Cali where it gets 115 outside, none of my friends with the GTAP scoop have had any problems and their all daily driven.
Old 4/13/07, 04:43 PM
GT Member

I voted SCOOP. You may flame me but I'm putting a GTAP scoop on my V6 Pony Package because I like the look.
Old 4/13/07, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">2 scoops ....with vanilla and sprinkles!
My 07 has more scoops than Baskin Robbins

07 Hoss
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood