38.55%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/07, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 07gtcs
So, if everyone has a wife with big hooters...you would want your wife to be flat chested because you have to be different
But my wife HAS big hooters. What's your point?

Naked hoods FTW!!!
Old 3/21/07, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Please check your gramman before posting: It is not spelled "dealership", it is "stealership".
What's with the friendly fire?!?!? He was supporting your cause man! Talk about
Old 3/21/07, 02:51 PM
GT Member

fake stuff & stripes

I wonder what a fake gas cap is called "scam-cap", what about fake Shelby stripes "Shelby-scam", what about rear spoiler "spoiler-scam"

Actually...

Fake Gas Cap: Design homage to the original mustang and there is no "delete" option. (but I wish there was).

Fake Shelby Stripes: There is no such thing as "Shelby Stripes". The stripes that Shelby American Racing ran on the Cobra, GT40, and GT-350 models that they raced in FIA International competition were part of the (no longer used) system of "National" colors. Officially USA cars were supposed to be blue w/white stripes (British was green, Italian was red, and so on...). When Shelby started selling GT-350 cars, he appropriated the stripes used in International racing on those cars - he did not invent the stripe concept, he appropriated it for his use. If you are referring to the "GT-350" rocker stripes (that say "GT-350"), you are correct. If they are not on a real GT-350, IMHO they are silly.

Rear Spoilers: Rear spoilers work. The problem is that they (generally) only work at extra-legal speeds, vs fake hood and brake scoops that add only drag and serve no functional purpose, no matter the speed.

Hugh
Old 3/21/07, 09:49 PM
Cam Tease

I wonder what a fake gas cap is called "scam-cap", what about fake Shelby stripes "Shelby-scam", what about rear spoiler "spoiler-scam"

Well, I mean...maybe? It probably wouldn't make a whole lot of sense though. See, "Ram air" and "scam air" sort of rhyme...not so much with "gas cap" and "scam cap" or "rear spoiler" and "spoiler-scam."
Old 3/21/07, 11:27 PM

As a practicing Doctor of Rhyme, I have compiled a list of words that rhyme with "Ram". Some Include:

Clam
Jam
Swam
Viet-nam
Chinese Yam
Midterm Exam
Distributor Cam
Golden Gram
Hoover Dam
Rack of Lamb
Uncle Sam
Gas Cap
Son of Sam
and Wam Bam Thank you Ma'am.

Please work within these Parameters when making up names for rear spoilers.

Consider "Near Spoiler?"
Old 3/22/07, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RobK
But my wife HAS big hooters. What's your point?

Naked hoods FTW!!!
Hoorrayy to big hooters!
Old 3/22/07, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Well, I mean...maybe? It probably wouldn't make a whole lot of sense though. See, "Ram air" and "scam air" sort of rhyme...not so much with "gas cap" and "scam cap" or "rear spoiler" and "spoiler-scam."
Ahh, I see!
Old 3/22/07, 08:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dr awesome
As a practicing Doctor of Rhyme, I have compiled a list of words that rhyme with "Ram". Some Include:

Clam
Jam
Swam
Viet-nam
Chinese Yam
Midterm Exam
Distributor Cam
Golden Gram
Hoover Dam
Rack of Lamb
Uncle Sam
Gas Cap
Son of Sam
and Wam Bam Thank you Ma'am.

Please work within these Parameters when making up names for rear spoilers.

Consider "Near Spoiler?"
Thanks for the inputs. I like near spoiler. I still need one for the fake gas cap...what about copy-cap!
Old 3/22/07, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the inputs. I like near spoiler. I still need one for the fake gas cap...what about copy-cap!

Fake spoiler = Foiler

Fake Gas Cap = Faux Cap
Old 3/23/07, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Sccop or No Scoop

Please Vote...
Any scoop except Shaker...too expensive for nothing.
SCOOP!
Attached Thumbnails Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood-frontview-1-.jpg  
Old 3/23/07, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Pretty funny post! I'm a scooper. Just gives the car a little attitude I like. I like the looks of some of the aftermarket hoods too. If I didn't have the scoop I'd go for one of those.
Old 3/23/07, 09:41 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I voted plain because I want to do an aftermarket hood with functional hood scoop. http://alliance247.com/product.php?p...99609071f50343
Old 3/23/07, 10:37 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I like both!
Old 3/24/07, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crucut
Pretty funny post! I'm a scooper. Just gives the car a little attitude I like. I like the looks of some of the aftermarket hoods too. If I didn't have the scoop I'd go for one of those.
If you put a scooped GT side by side with a plain one...the plane one looks wrong...like it needs a shot of testaterone or something
Old 3/24/07, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I voted plain because I want to do an aftermarket hood with functional hood scoop. http://alliance247.com/product.php?p...99609071f50343
What the ??? you should have voted scoop since that's what you want
Old 3/24/07, 12:55 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me clarify: I assumed your poll was about the factory (GT Apperance Package - GTAP) hood scoop. Based on that assumption:

1. If I didn't get that aftermarket hood then I would order plain (don't care for the GTAP hood scoop), and either leave it plain or get a Roush style hood scoop

2. Even if I got the aftermarket hood I would order without the GTAP. (why pay extra for the GTAP if I'm just going to remove the factory hood).
Old 3/24/07, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered my 2007 GT with no scoop because I like the clean look of the long hood. I didn't like how the scoop was a seperate bolt on piece at all (I probably would have thought about it more if the scoop was molded right into the hood like the 65-66 shelby hood) I didn't like that it was non functional but even more then that I hate how close the honey comb fill on the scoop. It's so close to the front. If there was no honey comb right at the front and it was father back I might have thought about it. All in all they both look good. I love the scoop on the CS. I think Ford should have made the scoop standard on the CS and an option on the GT.....White CS with scoops look really good IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood-img_0144.jpg  
Old 3/25/07, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Scoops..

I have the factory scoop on my GT/CS, and I am underwhelmed. I did like the factory hood on my 97 Cobra. The scoops were blended into the sheet metal, and did not have the "add on" look of the current one.

I will keep it, since it is part of the package, and I like to keep the car pretty much original. Now, if someone would figure out how to make it functional....
Old 3/25/07, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I am thinking my whole thing through, since my dealer owes me a huge favor for someone screwing up on my rust spray on my tower struts( looked like doggy wiz ) I refused to let the same people even touch it & said I have the product to do the work & they owe me for 2.5 hr labour Humm thier shop rate ? also the diamond kote was not applied after the first & second rain no beads of water ? and the customer care rep was wondering why the product was still on his shelf when I picked up my car, so he even wondered, so I will have ask to see if and or how much for a new hood no scoop ? and to what end they will cover, unless they have thier body shop take off the scoop scibe it true and reinstall with NO screw ups. Now because the hood is metal & scoop plastic , that when the hood heats there will be some softening that I don't know if it can ever be fixed to 100 % so it was just a BAD design on someones part ! good idea but bad outcome.
Old 3/26/07, 08:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by black sunshine
I ordered my 2007 GT with no scoop because I like the clean look of the long hood. I didn't like how the scoop was a seperate bolt on piece at all (I probably would have thought about it more if the scoop was molded right into the hood like the 65-66 shelby hood) I didn't like that it was non functional but even more then that I hate how close the honey comb fill on the scoop. It's so close to the front. If there was no honey comb right at the front and it was father back I might have thought about it. All in all they both look good. I love the scoop on the CS. I think Ford should have made the scoop standard on the CS and an option on the GT.....White CS with scoops look really good IMO.
I just finished installing a GTAP scoop. I really like the look, including the honeycomb insert, because it matches the grill. Here's a link to my new posting, which has some pictures:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=62588

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop vs. Plain Hood