05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

The Dark Knight II MARK 2 - mods/upgrades - hood,

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/05, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that is a beautiful car, very well done. How was the install for the steeda pedal and did the intake cover go well with the strut tower brace.

Again congrats on such an awesome pony.
Old 7/20/05, 10:53 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by trublustang03@July 19, 2005, 9:29 PM
Man that is a beautiful car, very well done. How was the install for the steeda pedal and did the intake cover go well with the strut tower brace.

Again congrats on such an awesome pony.

Thanks for the props Kahdir - I remember your ride being one of the earlier Dark Horses in the Source Stable.

Trubl - the strut brace fits SNUG with the intake cover - there are small marks where they meet now but thats it (and they are not really even visible unless the strut brace is off - haven't had any problems and love the way they look together.

The Steeda pedal was a beeatch - but mostly cause I didn't wanna follow the directions all the way

Part of the directions say to remove the door sill panel (where the Mustang lettering is) but I wanted to avoid that since it seemed to be attached so firmly - I was afraid I wouldn;t be able to get it back on the same way and have it loose!

So after removing the plastic pin that holds the sidewall panel down by your feet on the left, I had to work behind it while holding it back sort of (hard to explain - you get plenty of room to work if you remove the doorsill plate - the side panel comes out farther - if you don't remove the doorsill, part of that molding keeps you from pulling out the sidepanel too far).

Anyway it took three times as long but I was able to do it, the pedal is great, and the doorsill is still factory solid.
Old 7/20/05, 07:57 PM
Cobra Member

dang Dave I didnt even look at the dead pedal and pedal covers on saturday! dang it! oh well gives me an excuse to hang around together again!!
Old 7/20/05, 08:19 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Enjoy!
Old 8/11/05, 04:02 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@July 19, 2005, 7:45 PM
And Ian - aaaaactually I do have an old roomie from college who lives in Nawlins..... been there once already (though I didn't drive). You know like a year from now, we need to plan with Brad - pick a place that might be convenient for the most amount of folks and have the first annual National Source Gathering - can you imagine after looking at all these sweet cars on the web for so long and then being able to line them up in person? Can you imagine the line of beautiful 05s we would have!?!?! I dare say that would be a monumental gathering if we could pull it off!
Man, I got chills thinking about that one. We definitely need to have a Southeastern meet-up one of these days. Maybe we can have it at Brad's? That would be sweet, for sure.

Back on subjuect... I had a question about the DHII. In the pics you posted at the start of this thread, what suspension mods if any did you have? It almost looks like the rear is stock but the front is dropped a bit.
Old 8/11/05, 04:42 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by acadian@August 11, 2005, 4:05 PM
Man, I got chills thinking about that one. We definitely need to have a Southeastern meet-up one of these days. Maybe we can have it at Brad's? That would be sweet, for sure.

Back on subjuect... I had a question about the DHII. In the pics you posted at the start of this thread, what suspension mods if any did you have? It almost looks like the rear is stock but the front is dropped a bit.

Ian!! What's up buddy??...
Hey I pick up my painted ducktail tomorrow
Then the following weekend its off to the dealer for TSBs and the new spoiler delete decklid install.

You ducktail instruction are gonna come in REAL handy - thanks again!!

The weekend after THAT, its EIBACH time
Only had the Prokit in my garage for a few months now :bang:

That is the only planned suspension mod for now and NOTHING has been done on that front. DK II is still stock in that area. WHat I think you might be ctaching is that the 18 inch Bullitts with the new Nittos (255/45s) fill up the front wells pretty good right now - the rears are 275/40s though so that's why the gap doesn't seem affected as much.

I'm telling you I cannot WAIT to get these in and the car lowered - not to mention the ducktail on.

I had plans to look into an Xpipe in the very near future - until the other night when I sat down and did some numbers on the DKII fundage
:bang: :bang:

aaaoooofffff

I gotta ease up.... OUCH....
Why is this obsession so EXPENSIVE?!?!
Old 8/11/05, 06:49 PM
FR500 Member

I can't wait to see the ducktail. I can tell you right now that you will love it. It completely changes the look of the car.

Thanks for the info on the suspension/wheels. Seeing the 18x9 anthracite bullitts on your car has made me put those wheels on my list. I want to keep the same size tires front and rear though... any reason you went with 255's on the front? Do you think that putting 275's on the front also would be a problem? Do you think they'd rub?
Old 8/12/05, 10:34 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by acadian@August 11, 2005, 6:52 PM
... any reason you went with 255's on the front? Do you think that putting 275's on the front also would be a problem? Do you think they'd rub?
Actually got locked into the whole 'fatter out back thing' and didn't think about going THAT big all the way around.... :scratch:

Hmmm how did that get past me??....
I don't think they would rub but not sure....

Actually I know they won't - just checked - Steeda runs 275s all around on their Red Q car on 9 or 9.5 inch wheels.....

hmm..... maybe upgrade next time I do tires??....

(yeah.... 275s up front.... hey and then 285s out back!! Uh oh..... I see the money pit yawning again...... :bang: )
Old 8/12/05, 01:52 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@August 12, 2005, 11:37 AM
Actually got locked into the whole 'fatter out back thing' and didn't think about going THAT big all the way around.... :scratch:

Hmmm how did that get past me??....
I don't think they would rub but not sure....

Actually I know they won't - just checked - Steeda runs 275s all around on their Red Q car on 9 or 9.5 inch wheels.....

hmm..... maybe upgrade next time I do tires??....

(yeah.... 275s up front.... hey and then 285s out back!! Uh oh..... I see the money pit yawning again...... :bang: )
It's about time for me to throw some money into the pit myself. I'm paying $250 for a guy to custom dyno-tune my car with my XCal next weekend. As well as get some dyno numbers. And I am about to order the CDC classic chin spoiler (thanks mainly in part to you ) early next week. MRT 1/4 louvers soon to follow. Next will be wheels/tires. And yeah, those are your fault too.
Old 8/12/05, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

I missed this thread somehow... :bang: :bang: I knew about the hood & wheel's, but I didn't realize you had so much going on. It look's great and I believe we have good taste. We also seem to photograph very similar angles. Very nice job David!