05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

The Dark Knight II MARK 2 - mods/upgrades - hood,

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/05, 04:02 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I have been quiet for a while as I tinker away at my GT (past few months).... finally getting it to the vision I had originally pictured when I bought it.....

Not exactly 100% yet (Street Scene ducktail is in the garage and the Eibach Prokit will be installed this week at the dealer when it goes in for the strut and Shaker TSBs) but I just did a benefit car show yesterday with Kev V6 in West Palm Beach and the car got a LOT of attention so I figured might as well 'pull back the curtain' and show off my baby a little! Have to say I am very happy with the way it is coming out.

So - here is the mod sheet so far (things like the tint and seat covers were posted months back but there is plenty of new stuff!):

DARK KNIGHT II Mark 2

Interior Mods
Custom 2 Tone Seat Covers
UPR Pedal Cover Set
Steeda Dead Pedal
Sirius Satellite Radio
Ford Racing Floor Mats
MGW A/C Billet *****
MGW Powerpoint Plug
Black MUSTANG Doorsill Lettering

Exterior Mods
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler
Street Scenes Gen 1 Window Louvers
RK Sport California Dream Hood
Web Electric Products Sequential Turn Signals
Nokya Arctic White Headlight Bulbs
Formula One Window Tinting
Lund Headlight Covers
G.T.O. Taillight Covers
Shorty Antenna
Black Brake Calipers w/White Pony Decals
PowerSlot Brake Rotors
18 x 9 inch Bullitt/Torque Thrust Style Wheels
Nitto 555R Tires: 255/45s Front - 275/40s Rear

Engine Bay
JLT Cold Air Intake
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Midwest Composites Plenum Cover
MAC Fuse Box Cover
UPR Billet Oil Dipstick Handle
UPR A/C Caps
UPR Billet Radiator Cap
UPR Billet Oil Cap
UPR Billet Strut Tower Cap Kit
UPR Billet Power Steering Cap
UPR Billet Brake Fluid Cap
UPR Billet Windshield Washer Cap

Other:
Flowmaster American Thunder Axlebacks
3.55 Ford Racing Gears
DTP Racing 93 Octane Performance Predator Tune

And now, on to some pics!
Old 7/17/05, 04:07 PM
Big Falken Tires

More pics!
Old 7/17/05, 04:10 PM
Big Falken Tires

and more pics!
Old 7/17/05, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks amazing! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 7/17/05, 04:12 PM
Big Falken Tires

A few more from the car show with Kev V6s two white Ponies.

The Redfire GT is my sister-in-laws car and the green monster (Bullitt) is my brothers...
Old 7/17/05, 04:13 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Dave, your car looks AMAZING!!!
One of the best 05 Mustangs I have seen!
Old 7/17/05, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

very, very nice looking! I'm loving the blackout
just wondering why you didn't go for the black bullitts? don't get me wrong it looks great how it is but black seems to have been the theme.
Old 7/17/05, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Dave, all I can say is "WHOA!"

A lot of work and love went into that ride. Enjoy! And thanks for posting all of those pix. Your car looks terrific.

I like the pix of Kevin's 'Stangs too! Cheers all around.
Old 7/17/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

I agree... one of the best 05s I've seen... nice man... sooo nice
Old 7/17/05, 04:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent work Dave - the car looks incredible
Old 7/17/05, 04:51 PM
Big Falken Tires

And now I have to send out some THANK YOUs for advice, answered questions, etc that helped me work on my project:

05GT - OCD - for being the first member to PM me soon after I joined the site and congratulate me on my car's quick build - we've been derailed twice but we will make this work and get-together soon bro!

Acadian - for the SS ducktail feedback and great pics - thanks bro! Mine isn't on yet - but it will be!

05StangKC - the Source parts guru - besides all the other help and answered questions, the brake rotor and hose diagrams you sent me (on and my Full Throttle poster too) - thanks man!

Fazm - for the brake rotor walkthrough - thanks!

MTAS - for the part numbers and Spectre SS hose idea - I only have one on right now but will get them finished eventually - thanks for letting me borrow your idea bro!

SurfNSocal - for the rear tailight cover feedback (and the hweel and tires info too) - thanks man!

Red2005GT and Swingle - for taking the time to give me detailed feedback on your two automatic masterpiece GTs - thanks fellas!!

Mustang Mike - for all the immediate responses to questions, the great feedback and most of all, your help with my louvers - you are top notch, man, no doubt. You and Street Scenes are number 1 in my book! (and a heck of a nice guy) Thanks!

Lucky Lou and Steal 101 - for being the pioneers with the California Dream hood - thanks guys!

Ponygirl - the help with the plenum cover and offering to get me that adhesive promoter when I needed it in a big hurry - thanks!

Jay Tucker - not only for the CAI and providing the tune from Brent, but for the great paint job on my window louvers and chin spoiler - thanks man! You are The Man.

Brent at DTP Racing - fast turnaround on my tunes and answering my follow up questions. Thanks!! Great tune!!!

Tiberius 1701 - for fielding various tech questions - thanks man!

169Stang - for the PMs regarding having work done on my car - I really appreciated all your feedback man - thanks!

Mustangshadow - well I was already planning on the chin spoiler but when I saw it painted and installed on your ride Perry, I really had to have it - sorry to 'copy' you - thanks bro!

Blk05 - the Nokya headlight swap out info - thanks!

Kev V6 - the sequentials idea - which was my very first real mod - and for being a great car show wingman and partner in crime - thanks brother! Take care of my stock wheels!!!!

Also to the various people I bugged about wheel and tire info (Don W, Adrenalin, etc...) - thanks!

And last but in NO way least - BRAD and BRIDGET - thanks for providing the forum for me to arm myself with all the info I needed regarding my new car before I even got close to buying it, and of course, for running the best da*m Mustang site on the web. You guys ROCK.
Old 7/17/05, 04:54 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of work went into that beauty ...man thats sweet :worship:
Old 7/17/05, 05:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Dave, I gotta say...
That looks SO wicked

Envious
Old 7/17/05, 05:19 PM
Big Falken Tires

So I took the DK II out on the strip yesterday during the show to see what it could do...

Performance-wise, I am running the JLT CAI with the DTP 93 octane tune, and 3.55 gears. That's it.

Now my brother is the RACER in the family (he just joined the site under the handle 8 Sec Bullitt) and this was my FIRST time actually running a car on a 1/4 mile track to so say I was nervous was an understatement!!

And MAN was it HOT yesterday - had to be 100 or a little more - having the windows up in the car (BLACK!!) with no AC was no fun at all.

So my sister-in-law takes her Redfire GT (bone stock) and lines up in the left lane, I take the right. Go around the water box, do a dry hop to clean off the tires, and roll up to stage - traction and OD are off (checked five times) and I go to stage....

This is where the retarded moment sets in.... I trip the first light... edge up a bit.... no second stage light yet...... then glance over at Tina's lights to see if she's IN yet.... she trips one... then two... and what I don't realize at this point is that while I was looking over, I must have creeped forward and I edged too far and deepstaged :bang: - her tree goes and she takes off and I am lost (haven't realized I staged too far yet) trying to figure out why my second stage light isn't on yet! As I notice my RED light, the track guy just starts waving me forward out of the corner of my eye so I romp on it (pi**ed!!) and zip down the track..... after the turn off, Tina is ready to park the cars where we had them on display and now that I know what I did, I said "Uh uh - no way - I feel like a moron - lets go again."

So we line up again, I get it RIGHT this time, and we go twice more (still in the right lane) Time slips are below.

For my first time on a track, I am pretty happy - it was fun and the auto is really sweet for running on a strip. It just hooks and GOES.

Next time if I work on my reaction time and my launch and lower the air in the tires a bit (I was running street pressure), I know I can do better.
Old 7/17/05, 05:31 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by THRUST_@July 17, 2005, 4:25 PM
very, very nice looking! I'm loving the blackout
just wondering why you didn't go for the black bullitts? don't get me wrong it looks great how it is but black seems to have been the theme.
Actually at first I wanted to have the wheels be the main thing to set off the car - wanted SILVER (not a chrome guy) but couldn't find what I wanted or find Bullitts in 18 in Silver (only 17s...)

So I got a set of Millie Miglia EV-S in 18 - and they are nice wheels - Everyone else loved them on the car - but they just didn't sit right with me - they didn't click for me. I finally realized that because of the new body style, I liked the look of the classic torque thrust wheels best - that said MUSTANG to me. So I got a set of 18 by 9s from Mustang Tuning - in the pic on the site, the anthracite is pretty LIGHT, almost silver. When a customer support guy replied to me after they were ordered, he said the pic was misleading cause they were actually darker - a deep anthracite - so I started to get worried... the right black wheels look great on a black GT but that isn't my thing personally for MY car.

Then the wheels showed up and I got them on the car..... and it all clicked. I was GLAD I didn't get silver - the deep bright polished lip sets the wheels off just enough and the dark anthracite plays into the whole DARK scheme of the car without being completely black. And best of all, plenty of people have done the black bullitts on their car already - but I think I am the very first person on the site to go with the 18 by 9s in anthracite.

I love 'em!

[Oh and if anyone is interested, I am going to be selling those Millie Miglias - they are 18 by 9 EV S, with BF Goodrich KDWs (NT) 255/45s, mounted and balanced - they BARELY have 150 miles on them and in all seriousness are practially brand new - not one burnout or hard stop. I had a feeling after the first two days I wasn't going to be keeping them on so I was extra careful with them...]
Old 7/17/05, 05:55 PM

darn proud of ya bro! ...She does the original Dark Knight ( my black 89 ragtop)
justice!..
Knowing just a little about quarter mile stuff I must say that 13.66 at 101 with track
temps of 138 degrees and air temp around 96-97 AND stock street tires is kinda
great.
Well have her in the 12's by fall.. :worship:
Old 7/17/05, 05:59 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
let me say this, if i had an 05 GT it would be exactly like yours -xcept- i'd have rear louvers and black bullitts
Old 7/17/05, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Man-o-man is that ever cool. That really is one of the coolest lookin' cars I've ever seen. Great work.
Old 7/17/05, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dave, I agree with everyone here - it's BEAUTIFUL. Will look that much better when the Eibach's go in.

Congrats - very, very well done.
Old 7/17/05, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Very sharp! and sinister

Quick Reply: The Dark Knight II MARK 2 - mods/upgrades - hood,