05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/06, 05:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the SSE one from the man in brown today and I have to say, it is much better then the KSR. The build-quality is better, it feels stronger, and was packed much better.

After all the issues with the first one (KSR), I think that I will stick with companies that have a better reputation in the industry.
Old 9/20/06, 04:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, if you haven't put the grill in yet, it is so much easier, as it's a perfect fit. Just one thing though, I wound up using the screws for the fog lights that came with the grill instead of the ones from the stock grill. The stock ones are a tad too large in circumference, and when I used them, I could see white stress marks in the plastic from these. The ones SS included worked much better. Just a tip for ya.

BTW, I see your from Southampton, where abouts? I live in Chalfont, but I keep my car in Warrington PA,near County Line. I'd like to see how your stripes came out in person, once you get it back if its cool?
Old 9/21/06, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have not put the grill in yet as the car is getting its stripes. I just dropped the new SSE grill off at the body shop and they will install it instead of the KSR one that was there.

Heck, it is already off the car might as well have them just put the new one in.

If you want to see the stripe progress, check out the Body shop at:
http://www.dakuautobody.com/webview/6900.htm

As for seeing the car, no problem there. It will be in the Northampton, PA Car show on 10/8 or we can meet somewhere.
Old 9/21/06, 12:29 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fryguy
I just got the SSE one from the man in brown today and I have to say, it is much better then the KSR. The build-quality is better, it feels stronger, and was packed much better.
+1

I gave up and ate the cost of the original KSR. IMHO, the KSR is substandard junk.

Here's a writeup I did about the differences between the 2 a couple of months ago

If anyone wants my somewhat broken warped KSR piece, it's yours for the taking for the cost of shipping.
Old 9/27/06, 04:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SixtySix
+1

I gave up and ate the cost of the original KSR. IMHO, the KSR is substandard junk.

Here's a writeup I did about the differences between the 2 a couple of months ago

If anyone wants my somewhat broken warped KSR piece, it's yours for the taking for the cost of shipping.
That's funny, esecially considering how many times I've read "It'll be worth the wait" and "you'll be glad you waited" over the past year.
Old 9/27/06, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah.. with the SSE one installed now, I can tell how bad the KSR one is. Oh well, I now have a KSR Grill for sale, 1st gen...
Old 9/29/06, 08:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah.. with the SSE one installed now, I can tell how bad the KSR one is. Oh well, I now have a KSR Grill for sale, 1st gen...
PM sent.
Old 9/30/06, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have not put the grill in yet as the car is getting its stripes. I just dropped the new SSE grill off at the body shop and they will install it instead of the KSR one that was there.

Heck, it is already off the car might as well have them just put the new one in.

If you want to see the stripe progress, check out the Body shop at:
http://www.dakuautobody.com/webview/6900.htm

As for seeing the car, no problem there. It will be in the Northampton, PA Car show on 10/8 or we can meet somewhere.
Hey Jeff, I don't know if I can make that show. I have already committed to a show down in Glenside area that same day. If it ends earlier than the one your at, I'll try to make it over to check out your ride.