05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/06, 12:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverGTvert
If anyone wanted to see what the new grill looks like here are pictures of mine with the prototype. It def looks OEM. All those that waited it will be well worth it.
Which Pony emblem did you use in your grill?
Old 9/6/06, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT98
KSR is going to be selling them. They gave it to me when I went in for pictures. It attaches with 3m tape. At first I thought no way but that stuff really does hols.
Old 9/6/06, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just get yourself a 1994-2004 tribar from the fender of any Mustang. This badge is the perfect size for the grill.
Old 9/10/06, 09:59 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my grill from Butch on Friday. Initially I thought it would look pretty good but the more I looked the more I started to be concerned. I could see some warping of the plastic by the bottom of the fog light openings and it seemed to me that this plastic had very little give to it, it seemed almost brittle which was a concern. To answer a previous question, this grill is not textured. It is smooth which is a big disappointment as I want all the things I do to this car to look like Ford could have put them there. I figured I could still give it a go to see if I get this to work, so I got some rustoleum textured black paint for plastic and painted it which helped a lot and I decided to install it. The ford grill was a snap to take out, no tabs broke, it was easy as could be. I switched over the fogs and it seemed some of the mounting holes on the new grill did not match up real well but I still got them to work. I take the new grill and pop it in and realize it doesn’t fit so good, gaps on the sides by the headlights, and I also notice that the fog lamp housings are pressing against the area where the hood latch is. I thought ok no problem I’ll just take the grill out and take a dremel to the part of the fog light housing that seems to be hitting. Well all but 2 of the tabs on the new grill broke off when removing. That was the last straw with this grill and back in went the original.
Maybe I got a bad one, maybe I did something wrong but with no directions included I thought I did everything correctly but this just doesn’t seem to be a high quality product.
Hope this helps some of you out there thinking about trying this grill out. In my opinion I would stay away.
Old 9/10/06, 03:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by bc317
I received my grill from Butch on Friday. Initially I thought it would look pretty good but the more I looked the more I started to be concerned. I could see some warping of the plastic by the bottom of the fog light openings.....this grill is not textured. It is smooth which is a big disappointment as I want all the things I do to this car to look like Ford could have put them there. .....it doesn’t fit so good, gaps on the sides by the headlights, and I also notice that the fog lamp housings are pressing against the area where the hood latch is.
Maybe I got a bad one, maybe I did something wrong but with no directions included I thought I did everything correctly but this just doesn’t seem to be a high quality product.
The bottom edge of this new replacement KSR grille is very slightly warped too. And it does not lay flat on the top of the bumper like OEM grille does.
Also there are large gaps on the vertical sides along those columns. Maybe 1/10th inch.
Not an OEM looking piece at all. Fit and finish are the key issues for anything you can do to the car. That's the first thing we look for when looking at an otherwise fine ride.
I am too far down this road to consider putting the original OEM grille back in though. I will accept this for now but can see myself with a Street Scene grille some day.
Old 9/10/06, 06:20 PM
GT Member

I'm with you Allen, another grill is in my future too and I'll just chalk this up to a learning process and in the future will stay with companies that have a good history like the SS or 3dcarbons and so on.
Too bad this could have been a nice piece but the fit and finish are really poor
Old 9/10/06, 08:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm glad I gave up on this grille and went with the SS grill. I saw a KSR grill at the MCA show and really didn't like the smooth non textured finish. Thanks for the feedback on the fit and finish, looks like I made the right decision.

Sounds like this part was not worth the wait.
Old 9/11/06, 07:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What is the part numer for the SSE version?
Old 9/11/06, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

The GT part number is 950-73595 and the V6 part number is 950-73596. If you order the V6 you will also need the wire harness kit- part number 950-73591. You will need to order the GT lights from Ford ( for now- ours will be out soon...)
Old 9/11/06, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im glad I got the ss one too
Old 9/11/06, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was looking at the new SS V6 grill and the fogs look like they are farther apart than the GT version. Looks similar to the grill in this thread. Maybe a alternative for those who think the fogs are too close on the regular SS grill?
Old 9/11/06, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The V6 grille doesn't fit the GT unless you like gaps. That's why they made 2 seperate grilles.
Old 9/12/06, 12:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

can someone post photos of the "new" KSR grill?
Old 9/12/06, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

can someone post photos of the "new" KSR grill?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=42719&page=33

post 659.
Old 9/13/06, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by silverGTvert
I should have been more clear...close up photos that show the finish on the grill
Old 9/13/06, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I just pulled the trigger on the Street Scene. I was considering the KSR grill, but after all the problems and terms, it is not worth the hassle.
Old 9/13/06, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received my replacement today. Will have to give props to the packing. Much better than the first one. As far as fitment, it fits about the same as the first one. There is a slight warp right between the foglights, not noticable unless you are looking for it. The extensions were a nice bonus, although I didn't need them. Modded the harnesses for the first one.

FWIW, if it wasn't for the principal of the matter, I would not have done the exchange. I did a pretty good straightening job on the first one and was pleased with it.
Old 9/15/06, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Hawgman - is the texture / strength of the new grill the same as the warped one?
I like the texture and beefiness of the original KSR grill - if only it weren't warped and broken tabs..
Old 9/17/06, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Texture is smooth. As for strength, I guess it is the same as the first gen one was. Not really sure. I have read a couple of threads on other boards of people saying the tabs were too rigid and breaking. Personally, I didn't notice any issue with them.
Old 9/19/06, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Hawgman...

I think it's time for me to move on... I've decided to sell the car and get into something that makes a little more sense for my daily commute. I have enough garage queens and this one is another during the winter months. It's stored for 6 months of each year..

I just can't bring myself to drive this beautiful car in the winter...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=53636