05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC Hood being painted

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/12, 01:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CDC Jake
I know I'm a little late to the game here but I love what you've done with your CDC Parnelli Jones Hood! That's a very clean and unique look.

The shaker should be next
Thanks man! Yeah I assume with your user name you work for CDC. It's a great product and love the way it looks!
Old 6/15/12, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
Thanks man! Yeah I assume with your user name you work for CDC. It's a great product and love the way it looks!
haha you are correct. I'm glad you're loving the hood!
Old 6/15/12, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I finally put mine on last week, but it still needs to get painted. I just wanted to see what it looked like on the car. I had to get the Red colour as that was the best of what was left in stock and my car is Windveil Blue, so the combo doesn't look to good right now, but i like the hood. I think I am going to plastidip it this weekend to flat black, so I can drive it until the car goes in for paint next month.
Old 6/19/12, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
I finally put mine on last week, but it still needs to get painted. I just wanted to see what it looked like on the car. I had to get the Red colour as that was the best of what was left in stock and my car is Windveil Blue, so the combo doesn't look to good right now, but i like the hood. I think I am going to plastidip it this weekend to flat black, so I can drive it until the car goes in for paint next month.
Pics when you get it done!!
Old 6/19/12, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are some teaser pics

The last one is the black billet gasp cap. sprayed Plastic Dip on the trunk, so that I could see what it would look like. I am not too sure about the black gasp cap with the flat black panel. I ordered from CJ's the billet version of the gas cap. It is silver is color and I think might look better with the flat black. It was on sale, so I just had to get it!!! LOL!
Old 6/19/12, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are some teaser pics

The last one is the black billet gasp cap. sprayed Plastic Dip on the trunk, so that I could see what it would look like. I am not too sure about the black gasp cap with the flat black panel. I ordered from CJ's the billet version of the gas cap. It is silver is color and I think might look better with the flat black. It was on sale, so I just had to get it!!! LOL!
Looking good man! Can't wait to see a finished product! I like the scoop too. How did you pull off the gas cap?
Old 6/19/12, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

It pretty much sits flat after the center part came out. I just need to fill it with something, so that I can put the 3m tape in the center area instead of the outer edge. This way, it will sit flush against the body.

Last edited by SeanD; 6/20/12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 6/22/12, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

It pretty much sits flat after the center part came out. I just need to fill it with something, so that I can put the 3m tape in the center area instead of the outer edge. This way, it will sit flush against the body.
Nice.... I think it will look very unique was everything is completed. Good job!
Old 6/22/12, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guess what. I am now rethinking the scoop. I am thinking of putting on a CDC Shaker. I always like the Shaker no matter what I told myself. I have the FRPP Intake Manifold installed on the engine right now. If I want to go the Shaker route, I have to sell it to recoup some of my money. I will then return the scoop to Cervinis (90-day return policy!). It will only cost me maybe a few hundred more and I will get the retro look I am after. I have seen a few people now that have modified the trim ring to fit the CDC hood, so I know it can be done. I just wish that CDC would of done something (hint hint CDC Jake!), so that it would be a little easier.

I think the Cervinis scoop is maybe a little too big. From inside the cabin it is pretty **** tall and I think after awhile it would get annoying. I had a Roush scoop on my factory hood and I was okay with that, so I think the Shaker wont be that bad in comparison.
Old 6/22/12, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Guess what. I am now rethinking the scoop. I am thinking of putting on a CDC Shaker. I always like the Shaker no matter what I told myself. I have the FRPP Intake Manifold installed on the engine right now. If I want to go the Shaker route, I have to sell it to recoup some of my money. I will then return the scoop to Cervinis (90-day return policy!). It will only cost me maybe a few hundred more and I will get the retro look I am after. I have seen a few people now that have modified the trim ring to fit the CDC hood, so I know it can be done. I just wish that CDC would of done something (hint hint CDC Jake!), so that it would be a little easier.

I think the Cervinis scoop is maybe a little too big. From inside the cabin it is pretty **** tall and I think after awhile it would get annoying. I had a Roush scoop on my factory hood and I was okay with that, so I think the Shaker wont be that bad in comparison.
That sounds like a great plan. I love a shaker scoop as well. I thought about it but with the extra cash and modifying it to work with a CAI instead of the stock air box, I talked myself out of it.

In terms of the Boss scoop, I looked at those as well, it was a bit big for my taste but overall it is still a good look.