Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
great pics- great choices of your mods!
Old 4/15/12, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429

great pics- great choices of your mods!
Thanks man! Exterior is just about complete. Now it's time for some under the hood work and a few interior mods.
Old 4/19/12, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Where's the Cervini side window covers? Been waiting to see them on the car!
Old 4/19/12, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
Where's the Cervini side window covers? Been waiting to see them on the car!
Well overall, they won't be going on. I bought them used, had them painted black and then tried the install. I don't know if they are just a crappy product, a bad fit because they were used and possibly warped from being removed by the previous owner or what but they fit like crap. So unless I decide to buy another set that are new I am not sure what i am going to do about side window pieces. I thought about having my rear louvers painted black and try a bulitt style or just not do any side window pieces at all.

To say the least, I was very disappointed. I thought they would complete my old school look very well.

Last edited by B1GP1MP1N; 4/19/12 at 04:29 PM.
Old 4/19/12, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saleen ones would look sick on ur car

Name:  image-242987591.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  37.1 KB
Old 4/19/12, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by silversky545
Saleen ones would look sick on ur car
Lol nice sales pitch! But I agree I guess all I worry about is mixing too many eras, that's why I wasn't sure about the bullitt louvers
Old 4/19/12, 06:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really nice looking ride! Definitely stay with the retro style for the side windows!
Old 4/19/12, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Really nice looking ride! Definitely stay with the retro style for the side windows!
Don't be a sale-blocker ;-D

Very nice car btw
Old 4/19/12, 10:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Well overall, they won't be going on. I bought them used, had them painted black and then tried the install. I don't know if they are just a crappy product, a bad fit because they were used and possibly warped from being removed by the previous owner or what but they fit like crap. So unless I decide to buy another set that are new I am not sure what i am going to do about side window pieces. I thought about having my rear louvers painted black and try a bulitt style or just not do any side window pieces at all.

To say the least, I was very disappointed. I thought they would complete my old school look very well.
Sucks that it didn't work out, but I personally think they would've ruined your car. I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement. I still think the SHR louvers would look great...and if not, then I'll buy them off you.
Old 4/19/12, 11:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Thanks man
Old 4/19/12, 11:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Sucks that it didn't work out, but I personally think they would've ruined your car. I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement. I still think the SHR louvers would look great...and if not, then I'll buy them off you.
Thanks for your opinion. What about the Cervini's ones do you dislike?
Old 4/20/12, 04:58 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Thanks for your opinion. What about the Cervini's ones do you dislike?
In general, I'm not a fan of Cervini at all. But that part in particular I don't like because I feel like it's just too big of a piece to stick on there. I feel like I have to pretend to not see the giant thing covering the window. And when I stop pretending and see that it doesn't blend in, I just think it looks stupid.
Old 4/20/12, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

In general, I'm not a fan of Cervini at all. But that part in particular I don't like because I feel like it's just too big of a piece to stick on there. I feel like I have to pretend to not see the giant thing covering the window. And when I stop pretending and see that it doesn't blend in, I just think it looks stupid.
Yeah I tend to agree with it being a bit distracting. I have a few cervini's pieces on my car and I will admit that the work that goes into the pieces prior to painting is pretty time consuming. The hood scoop was and still is not perfect but overall the styles that they do for the mustang are unique. It's hard to find a company with so many different options.
Old 4/20/12, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I bought those Cervinis side window covers. I hope i don't regret the decision. I gave them and my duck tail spoiler to the painter who is going to get them all prepped for painting. He has experience with Cervinis parts and knows how to get them prepped properly. He originally did them like how Cervinis states in their documents, but then called them to get some insight and they told him their secrets on how they do it in shop. Supposedly they burn off the release agents right off of the piece using a blow torch. They say it is the quickest and best way to get them all cleaned up.

I guess I will look at fitting the window covers first before paying to get them painted, that way I can make sure they fit.

I am going with Cervinis parts all around and I think those covers will look good, with what I am also trying to accomplish. Bad thing is I won't be getting the work done now until late May, early June, as the shop is busy with a single huge custom project.
Old 4/20/12, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not a fan of any scoops because they serve no purpose other than wannabe looks... They are supposed to vent the rear brakes (real scoops that are bolted to the car) that's why I'm trading out of my OEM gt hood ... Can't stand fake stuff

CDC Hood being painted-image-3513555503.jpg

I will run these as soon as I can afford new wheels.. The GT/CS wheels will look stupid w these... Need some drift wheels
Old 4/21/12, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
I bought those Cervinis side window covers. I hope i don't regret the decision. I gave them and my duck tail spoiler to the painter who is going to get them all prepped for painting. He has experience with Cervinis parts and knows how to get them prepped properly. He originally did them like how Cervinis states in their documents, but then called them to get some insight and they told him their secrets on how they do it in shop. Supposedly they burn off the release agents right off of the piece using a blow torch. They say it is the quickest and best way to get them all cleaned up.

I guess I will look at fitting the window covers first before paying to get them painted, that way I can make sure they fit.

I am going with Cervinis parts all around and I think those covers will look good, with what I am also trying to accomplish. Bad thing is I won't be getting the work done now until late May, early June, as the shop is busy with a single huge custom project.
That's cool that you have a body guy that is willing to go the extra mile for you. I am worried that my hood scoop will start to look bad as it ages but if it does, I will take it somewhere else to get it re-painted. The guy that did my paint work was doing it on the side and overall I am not satisfied with the quality because I am a perfectionist and it's definitely not perfect. But for now it's all I could afford.
Old 4/22/12, 05:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a template you put on your car to get te alignment correct. The 3M tape goes all around the piece. After painting mine they were warped looking when I had them on the ground & when I held them up to the car but after the tape was on and pressed them down they stuck without popping up. I've had them on for almost 2 years now with no install or paint issues. I painted them myself also.
Old 4/22/12, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

i dont care for the looks of the side windows, after 4 yrs i`m still ok with the cdc look.

thread jack: hey tungsten, i like those side scoops. been thinking about those for a couple years, which ones are those?
Attached Thumbnails CDC Hood being painted-car-top-rt-rear.jpg  
Old 4/22/12, 07:15 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
thread jack: hey tungsten, i like those side scoops. been thinking about those for a couple years, which ones are those?
They're the ones we've been talking about...Cervini's.
Old 4/22/12, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

They're the ones we've been talking about...Cervini's.
ha, my bad, i got behind. lots of parts being talked about in this thread. thought the 1/4 windows was the buzz. now i`m on track, nice scoops

Quick Reply: CDC Hood being painted