Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Excerpts From The Book The NBA Doesn't Want You To Read

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/09, 10:19 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that was an impressive victory by Sacramento tonight in Chicago.

From -35 to +4 at the end.
Old 12/21/09, 11:04 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just saw the highlights. Tyreke evans reminds me a lot of D Wade
Old 1/2/10, 09:45 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

So Jason, I assume you're gonna tell me that Kobe's foot was NOT on a line during that game winning shot last night against Sacramento Kings?

Old 1/3/10, 01:11 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Red Star
So Jason, I assume you're gonna tell me that Kobe's foot was NOT on a line during that game winning shot last night against Sacramento Kings?

Hell no it wasn't. I watched and even dvr'd it. Even Paul Westphall was looking right down at Kobe. You can see it in your pic. Westphall didn't even complain. He was behind the line and inbounds.

It must suck to be the Kings. Last week they blew a 7 point lead in over time to lose to us. Now yesterday they miss two CRUCIAL free throw and then leave Kobe Bryant, the best player in the game, wide open for they game winner??? They are practically begging to lose.

Oh yeah and I like the Kings team except for Casspi, he acts like a *****

Last edited by stangfoeva; 1/3/10 at 01:12 AM.
Old 1/3/10, 09:47 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Kings are doing much better than anyone thought. This is the team that won only 17 games last year and this year they already won 14. And they've been playing without Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia, both starters. And Tyreke Evans, who will be rookie of the year, missed last few games.

I don't see Lakers as a threat for a championship. They barely beat Kings twice and like I said, this is the team that won only 17 games last year. And that Christmas game versus Cavaliers was embarrassment. Not just for Lakers as a team but also for Lakers fans who acted like kids.

But it was so great to see Lakers lose like that.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 1/3/10 at 09:49 AM.
Old 1/3/10, 02:55 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Kings are doing much better than anyone thought. This is the team that won only 17 games last year and this year they already won 14. And they've been playing without Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia, both starters. And Tyreke Evans, who will be rookie of the year, missed last few games.

I don't see Lakers as a threat for a championship. They barely beat Kings twice and like I said, this is the team that won only 17 games last year. And that Christmas game versus Cavaliers was embarrassment. Not just for Lakers as a team but also for Lakers fans who acted like kids.

But it was so great to see Lakers lose like that.
So because we lost one game we're not a threat for the championship?

You do realize we have the best record in the NBA right? You should also realize the regular season means very little to the Lakers which is why they play some of the games on "cruise control". The sacremento game was a perfect example. Much to my frustration, not one Laker even tried in the first half. But what happened? When they decided they wanted to win the game they came out and crushed the Kings in the second half.

The bottom line is its just too easy for them. Even the King's coach said they're so good they just get bored out there. I hate when the Lakers lose, but that Christmas day game probably did more good for them as it gives them some type of motivation.

So when games against the Queen--err I mean Kings are close, its not cause for alarm because they aren't really taking them seriously.

You enjoy that one loss, while I enjoy these 15 championships (soon to be 16) to Cleveland's 0 and Sacremento's 0

Last edited by stangfoeva; 1/4/10 at 02:01 PM.
Old 1/3/10, 03:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

They crushed Kings in the second half?
Lakers were down by 2 until 4 seconds left in the game. And Newle missed 2 free throws that could get Kings a win. It was a pure luck, nothing else. How many good teams would leave Bryant wide open like that?

In the last 5 games they barely won against Kings and Warriors, which are both very crappy teams. And they got killed by Cavaliers and Suns. I guess Lakers didn't take them seriously either. And yes, Lakers have the most wins, but they played only 11 out of 32 games on the road.

I'm sure Lakers will go to the finals, David Stern wants Kobe vs Lebron in the finals and that will happen. Of course, TV ratings for the finals will be the lowest in the history (again), just like they were the last time Cleveland went to the finals.

I better shut up, David Sterm might be reading this and he just might have something in his little rule book that he can also fine anyone who said anything against his personal little empire.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 1/3/10 at 03:13 PM.
Old 1/3/10, 03:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

They crushed Kings in the second half?
Lakers were down by 2 until 4 seconds left in the game. And Newle missed 2 free throws that could get Kings a win. It was a pure luck, nothing else. How many good teams would leave Bryant wide open like that?

In the last 5 games they barely won against Kings and Warriors, which are both very crappy teams. And they got killed by Cavaliers and Suns. I guess Lakers didn't take them seriously either. And yes, Lakers have the most wins, but they played only 11 out of 32 games on the road.

I'm sure Lakers will go to the finals, David Stern wants Kobe vs Lebron in the finals and that will happen. Of course, TV ratings for the finals will be the lowest in the history (again), just like they were the last time Cleveland went to the finals.

I better shut up, David Sterm might be reading this and he just might have something in his little rule book that he can also fine anyone who said anything against his personal little empire.
Yes crushed! In case you didn't notice, the Lakers were down by 15 at half. We won the game by 1 point, which means we outscored them by 16 in the second half. Crushed.

And yes they didn't take the Cavs seriously. We didn't lose to them at all last year.

And do you think it matters to the lakers whether they beat the Warriors by 20 or by 3? No. They just want to get the win and use the least amount of energy as possible. Its a LONG season (82 games) you can't over extend yourself everytime. Plus don't discount the fact that Ron Artest has not even played since Christmas...
Old 1/3/10, 03:25 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

If they just wanted to cruise for the win, they would be up by 20 at the half-time and then take it easy in the second half.

Not to wait to be down by 20 in the middle of the 3rd quarter and then win by some miracle shot with no time left on the clock (which happened plenty of times this season). That might work against crappy teams like Kings, Warriors and Bucks. But it will never work again Mavs, Nuggets, Cavs or Celtics.
Old 1/3/10, 03:30 PM
MOTM Committee Member

If they just wanted to cruise for the win, they would be up by 20 at the half-time and then take it easy in the second half.

Not to wait to be down by 20 in the middle of the 3rd quarter and then win by some miracle shot with no time left on the clock (which happened plenty of times this season). That might work against crappy teams like Kings, Warriors and Bucks. But it will never work again Mavs, Nuggets, Cavs or Celtics.
Of course that's the goal but what they're finding out now is that's alot harder to do when you're the Champions. Teams are coming at them a lot harder than normally (even though teams always give the Lakers there best shot because their games are usually nationally televised).

No matter though, like I said I'm not worried. They will get the job done when they have to. Just like I wasn't worried last year when the Rockets series went to 7 games. Everyone knows the Lakers should have won that series in 5 games.

All that matters to me is that they get good playoff position and then win the championship. And they are on pace to do that now
Old 1/3/10, 04:02 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

If you're a NBA champion, you really can't allow to be down by 20 in the 3rd quarter on the home court against crappy team like Sacramento Kings, who was playing without two top players.

And you better enjoy special privileges from referees while you still have them, because they won't last forever. You're good to the NBA as you long as you're making them money. Once that's over, you're just another player.
I've been watching Shaq for the past 10 years or so and he always had referees' help. He would kill anyone around him and yet, fouls would be called on whoever was guarding him. But now, he's not as dominant as he once was. I saw few Cavs games this season and more and more often he's on the bench with fouls troubles, especially offensive fouls. Back when he was with Lakers he would rarely (if ever) get an offensive foul.
Old 1/4/10, 12:21 AM
MOTM Committee Member

If you're a NBA champion, you really can't allow to be down by 20 in the 3rd quarter on the home court against crappy team like Sacramento Kings, who was playing without two top players.
I believe we are NBA Champions now, and we did that last season. Losing a game here or there doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Did you see what we did to Dallas tonight (131-96)? And that was without Pau and Artest. Dallas blew us out earlier this season at home (w/o Pau) and we just returned the favor tonight.

Remember in the playoffs its a best of 7 series. If we're healthy the only team that can beat us is ourselves
Old 1/4/10, 09:02 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Too bad Dallas lost. That is the only NBA team I respect and I respect them because of Mark Cuban. Cuban is the only team owner in the NBA who has ***** to stand to Stern & Co. Sure, Stern will have more than nice retirement because of all fines for Cuban, but I'm glad to see somebody stand up to Stern and complain about the way he runs his little empire.

Too bad Maloof brothers didn't had ***** to stand up to him back in 2002.