Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Halibrand Twisted Special

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/06, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halibrand is the exclusive distributor and manufacture of the kits in North America. I believe what you’re seeing on the Thalon web page is all hype for the European market. Our kits will be available real soon we have done some redesign work to the body panels and changed a few things to make it more user friendly. Also their will be two distinct front headlight panels eventually available. And also two hood styles available for the kits. They will be priced within the market place offerings now. Not the $12,000 you’re seeing on the Thalon web page. Do not let a little European Hype get you all out of shape. I’ll keep everyone informed here of when the kits hit the ground and will get some updated pictures of the new parts listed ASAP. By the way do you guys know what international airfreight would cost for a complete kit? Right around $2300.00 to the U.S.
Old 4/27/06, 02:16 PM
V6 Member

I can't wait for this to come out. I have the Halibrand 18" wheels and i will get this kit for sure, even if i just get the front end and hood. And i'll paint it pepper gray with black stripes. I know some of you are hating this kit, but i luv it, i have been waiting a long time for a kit like this to come out that does justice to the old shelby. No matter what you think, a car like this - specially in the Eleanor colors, will turn heads!
Old 4/27/06, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Hum?

[attachmentid=47890]
Old 4/27/06, 05:34 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No lights between the headlights and grille and no hood bulge like the original pix. Hum?
Old 4/28/06, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

I'm not crazy about the front end on the new picture you posted, now it looks too plain, specially since the small lights beside the headlights were removed. I would keep them there. If anything had to go, i would preffer the two circles on the bottom bumper to go rather than the lights on top. Also i think it would be a good idea to use the stock looking 2005 grille. I love seeing that pony on stangs! Just a thought [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 4/28/06, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

[attachmentid=47961]

Try this.... Farsyte

Hey...AFBLUE work with me on this. You like the flat hood...and the lack of lights by the headlights...Right? But what if the bulge in the hood was also made to look more like the original 67 Shelby hood? Or is it that you like the smooth because its more reminiscent of the 69 BOSS cars?
Old 4/28/06, 03:17 PM
V6 Member

[quote name='TRQ QTRHRSE' date='April 28, 2006, 2:57 PM' post='673263']

Try this.... Farsyte

The third one you made is the best! Actually i like the two circles on the bottom bumper. I was just saying if too many people complained about it being too busy, the first to go should be the bottom circles instead of the top lights. This would be perfect...
Old 4/28/06, 03:49 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TRQ QTRHRSE @ April 28, 2006, 3:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[attachmentid=47961]

Try this.... Farsyte

Hey...AFBLUE work with me on this. You like the flat hood...and the lack of lights by the headlights...Right? But what if the bulge in the hood was also made to look more like the original 67 Shelby hood? Or is it that you like the smooth because its more reminiscent of the 69 BOSS cars?
[/b][/quote]

Please don't take my post as a negative comment. I was just pointing out the differences between the original and the latest pictures. I like it without the bulged hood probably because I don't like the Eleanor look. I also like the the retro looking lights and GT-350R looking lower opening on your front.

As you might guess, I personally like the 65-66 look better than the 67 or 68 (original shelby or Eleanor). If I was designing a hood for me, I would go for a 65/66 Shelby hood with the hood scoop built in and funneling the ram air to the air box. Kinda like Fang does with their 69/70 hood scoop (the no shaker version), but in 65/66 style. See 2nd and 3rd from the bottom pix in this link http://www.fangperformance.com/php/index.p..._page&PAGE_id=6

Also I would mount the fog lights like the picture below (top/left), reminicient of the location of the 65-66 turn signal location. I also would prefer it without the splitter type extension (lip) on the left and right lower front.

I know you are going for a 67 look so these recommendations would most likely be not applicable. It really depends on what your goal is. But obviously giving customers lots of choices improves the chances that you will build something that will appeal to a larger audience.

Now if you had something like the lower right picture [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] (sorry it was too hard for me to remove the upper fogs from the picture)
Old 4/28/06, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

When it comes down to it, i really hope the kit does not stray too far from the original. I like it as is. It's not often a kit comes along that looks so close to something that has been so popular as the 67 Shelby. We have to consider production cost and i know they can't make so many version, or else you would just have to call it something else entirely. You will never make everyone happy at the same time. The original Kit was true to the shelby and if it stays the same as the original pics that were posted, ill be the first in line to get it.....Peace!
Old 5/1/06, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AFBLUE @ April 28, 2006, 4:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Please don't take my post as a negative comment. I was just pointing out the differences between the original and the latest pictures. I like it without the bulged hood probably because I don't like the Eleanor look. I also like the the retro looking lights and GT-350R looking lower opening on your front.

As you might guess, I personally like the 65-66 look better than the 67 or 68 (original shelby or Eleanor). If I was designing a hood for me, I would go for a 65/66 Shelby hood with the hood scoop built in and funneling the ram air to the air box. Kinda like Fang does with their 69/70 hood scoop (the no shaker version), but in 65/66 style. See 2nd and 3rd from the bottom pix in this link http://www.fangperformance.com/php/index.p..._page&PAGE_id=6

Also I would mount the fog lights like the picture below (top/left), reminicient of the location of the 65-66 turn signal location. I also would prefer it without the splitter type extension (lip) on the left and right lower front.

I know you are going for a 67 look so these recommendations would most likely be not applicable. It really depends on what your goal is. But obviously giving customers lots of choices improves the chances that you will build something that will appeal to a larger audience.

Now if you had something like the lower right picture [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img] (sorry it was too hard for me to remove the upper fogs from the picture)
[/b][/quote]

We’re working on some variations for the kit so feedback is good. I don’t mind it at all. Kit one will be as close to the SEMA car as is possible with only minor changes made. Kit two will only be the same in the since that we want to keep the stretched nose and hood look for our stuff. Weather it will be a 65-66 version or a 69-70 styled theme is still up in the air. Thanks for your response AFBLUE

Rick
Old 5/1/06, 08:24 AM
Cobra Member

How soon is real soon? I really wanna know what the side exhaust would go for...
Old 5/1/06, 11:39 AM
V6 Member

When will these kits come out? I have seen ads for them on the internet but when you click on them, it just sends you to the Halibrand website. The website does not offer any information at all. I couldn't even find the Halibrand Cobra 3 wheels on that website.
Old 5/2/06, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I’ll be the first to admit it my Halibrand web pages suck for information on the kits and the Cobra III wheels. If any of you are tech heads email us at info@halibrand.com our tech head left and we have not found anyone to replace him yet. I need help getting some new information up on the web dealing with all the new products.

Rick
Old 5/9/06, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

updates?
Old 5/14/06, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Interesting body kit, hopefully it is designed properly. I have to be honest, the rear looks terrible, you guys made the taillights look cheap, cartoonish, and uneven. Are they supposed to angle off like that? I hate to be critical, but you guys could do a lot better than that. The Mustang Concept Tailights are perfect, copy those. Easier said than done of course
Old 5/19/06, 02:52 PM

Any news?
Old 6/2/06, 10:37 AM

Bump for any new update
Old 8/9/06, 09:51 AM

Did this project die?
Old 8/11/06, 02:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think it did..
Old 8/11/06, 09:02 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by burningman
I think it's an eleanor wannabe with a new paint job and some faux twister special graphics
Bad execution all across the board IMO

Maybe I'm missing the point..who knows
just not my style i guess
Agreed!
Although I am happy that someone finally created those rear lights. They look crappy on this car, but placed in the right rear, they will look stunning imo.

Quick Reply: Halibrand Twisted Special