Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Halibrand Twisted Special

Old 1/2/06, 03:44 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The duck tail is awesome, but I don't like anything else about that car. Especially hate the front end.
Old 1/2/06, 04:03 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRAD! or TRQ QTRHRS!

I know that THALON is making those tail lights... but I e-mailed them several times and havent got any answer... do you guys know where we can get them? or how much mods do you need 2 do in order to make them fit?... and Ive noticed only half of them lights up... is it possible 2 light the full lenght of them???
Old 1/2/06, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree, those tail lights are the best part of the car to me. Would love to put those on mine if the price was reasonable. They look reminiscent of old shelby and thunderbird rear lights. The rest of the car looks very mismatched. Has very nice elements to it but doesnt look that great as a whole. Needs to lose some manufacturer stickers too.
Old 1/3/06, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ARF@January 2, 2006, 6:06 PM
BRAD! or TRQ QTRHRS!

I know that THALON is making those tail lights... but I e-mailed them several times and havent got any answer... do you guys know where we can get them? or how much mods do you need 2 do in order to make them fit?... and Ive noticed only half of them lights up... is it possible 2 light the full lenght of them???

All of the kit components should be to market by early February sometime. Thalon Design is just that a design company. Halibrand Performance will handle the marketing and dealer distribution of the kit and its components. At this time we are working on final pricing and availability of individual components. The light upgrade should not be that intense of an install. We are looking at two options for the rear light portion of the kit. I will post what will be production when we finalize. The lights in the SEMA car are pre-production units. They are similar to the production units. Production units will light up across the back of the mustang. As for modifications to the back of the car you should not have to make any to install these lights.
Old 1/3/06, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TRQ QTRHRSE@January 3, 2006, 7:46 AM
All of the kit components should be to market by early February sometime. Thalon Design is just that a design company. Halibrand Performance will handle the marketing and dealer distribution of the kit and its components. At this time we are working on final pricing and availability of individual components. The light upgrade should not be that intense of an install. We are looking at two options for the rear light portion of the kit. I will post what will be production when we finalize. The lights in the SEMA car are pre-production units. They are similar to the production units. Production units will light up across the back of the mustang. As for modifications to the back of the car you should not have to make any to install these lights.
Awesome Rick, thanks for the update!!
Old 1/3/06, 07:54 AM
I talk to cones.

What is up with the front spring rates? 350#s is a lot for a coil over type suspension, much less 650# which is probably above the realm of running a race coil over.

Spring Rate Thread

Originally posted by GTRacerX@December 3, 2005, 3:40 PM
Ford factory spring rates are:
Hardtop - 165lb front 142lb rear.
Convertible - 144lb front, 122lb rear.

Steeda Spring Rates:

Steeda Sport Springs - Spring rate is 200lb front, 175lb rear.

Steeda Ultralite Sport Springs - 195lb front, 175lb rear.

Steeda Street/Comp Springs - 225lb front, 185lb rear.
Old 1/3/06, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Typo on the Spec sheet Just checked with STEEDA it is 200 lbs./in. Linear Front and 175 lbs./in. Linear Rear

Thanks for catching that :bang:
Old 1/3/06, 03:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Awesome! I look forward to hearing more about your products.
Old 1/4/06, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rick, this is FANTASTIC news !! I can't wait for more information on these lights. I know its early, but is there any indication on how much these will cost?
Old 1/5/06, 01:12 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ok i know ive sed i wanted full length tailights before, but wow

i really dont like this car.its eleanor all over again but with a different paint scheme

someone do us all a favor and put that car out of its misery

if i ever meet the people who designed that infernal eleanor its a quick for them

make it stooooop

BUT--

in the spriit of optimism, the performance add ons are great, just the visuals? well... shoot my eyes please... sorry if im coming off harshe but eleanor just downright pisses me off

(unless we're talking the original eleanor, the 73 grabber orange fastback )
Old 1/5/06, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Chip Foose designed Eleanor. I love THAT car, but I am tired of the SN197 eleanor stuff.
Old 1/7/06, 01:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Eleanor is an amazing car. Foose took a shelby and made it better. The one thing I don't like is the foglights next to the headlights, the rest is cool. I for one am so glad that you guys are offering this kit as individual pieces. Please let us know on pricing as soon as possible. Also, please keep the front end and hood a reasonable price.
Old 2/15/06, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs down

Bump!

Update On The Body Kit

Pricing will be available in the next few weeks. Kits should start to hit the market at the end of March to beginning of April.

Here is the new Halibrand ad

[attachmentid=45255]
Old 3/4/06, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

bump any new news?
Old 3/10/06, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any news, updates, pics, prices?
Old 3/11/06, 01:11 AM

There is a car just like that at a local dealer here in wichita. Not really a big fan of the car. Definetly cant stadnt eh color

Joe
Old 4/18/06, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm also not a big fan of the overall look of this vehicle. It does look ALOT like an Eleanor or Ronaele clone. But with that said, I may have an interest in the tail light panel to complete my Shelby tribute vehicle.
Old 4/25/06, 12:26 PM

Any update on this kit at all?
Old 4/26/06, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Love everything except the plastic on the grill and the color
Old 4/26/06, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

yes,here is an update: thalon's webpage says the kits are 12k!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/chairshot.gif[/img] The only difference from other eleanor kits is round headlights with foglights next to each other,shelby taillights,+3000 more dollars to except order!!!,ugly quarter side scoops,and molded plastic crap. Oh,and the ronaele bodykit is $3200 and has no foglights next to the headlights,headlights are stock,better looking sidescoops,no shelby style taillights,and no molded plastic.Beat that,thalon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

oh and the thalon kits take 2 months to ship!!!

here is pics:http://www.thalondesign.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Halibrand Twisted Special