V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 Muffler and Window Tint Problems

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, the only 2 problems that I've had with my 2005 V6 Mustang dealed with the after market V-Force muffler that I had put on and the window tint on the passenger and driver windows. I figured out how to fix the muffler situation, however I havn't figured out the tint situation.

After Market Muffler - V Force problem & solution:

After I put the V Force on, it was nearing summer and getting hotter outside. I started noticing that as it got hotter in the daytime my muffler would make a vibration, or rattling sound. After months of dealing with the sound and trying to ignore it, it finally got to the point where i'd almost rather have no sound at all than a "rattle". So I took it back to the place where I had it done and they told me they wanted to try one more thing since it was under warranty. They moved the hanger and mounted it in a different location, and i belive they took the stock hanger off. Turns out that when it was heating up, the pipes were expanding and pushing that muffler back causing it to hit and create that rattle sound. Turns out I'm not the only one that's had this problem but I hope that's helpful to those of you who are trying to figure out how to deal with it.

After Market Window Tint problem:

I tried tinting my windows as much as I could legally, and on the driver and passenger windows, even after waiting way longer than I was told to roll them down, i've notice scratches on the tint. I've taken it in twice to see what the deal was and gotten it re-tinted twice, yet after both times it still scratches over time. I've tried looking up this problem on other forums, with little success on an explanation. The only thing that I can think of that's causing this is it's either really cheap tint (supposedly the guy told me it's the best you can get though), or I did it in the winter when the car was really cold and the window was stiff. My Ford dealership told me that Ford doesn't reccomend window tinting on 2005 Mustangs. I've never heard of not being able to tint windows on a car. If anyone has any advice, or knows how I can correct this problem please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Old 6/14/05, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tint problem you're not alone on. The common solution has been to cut a strip of felt and have it mounted on the window, so it doesnt scratch.
Old 6/14/05, 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the tint scratching is caused by the fact that the rubber seal that the window goes down into is too hard, and debris get caught in it that scratch the tint. If you put a piece of felt or mohair over the seal, it will keep the tint from getting scratched.
Old 7/19/05, 02:38 PM
V6 Member

Seems like ford left off the felt strips that most other cars have. Same thing they did with half of the wiring harness. Save money...