V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/07, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisc9867
sorry to break off topic, but scrming, how did you get your car to downshift before WOT?
Spent a day with Lidio from Alternative Auto! WOOHOO!

Typically if you go WOT the computer will hesitate (for what seems like forever!) before it decides to downshift... Now if I quickly punch the gas the car downshifts incredibly fast.. probably at about 75% pedal travel.. I no longer have that hesitation!

Also... my car will downshift as I coast down to a stop light... that means if I'm rolling at 10 or 15 MPH i'm in the right gear! So if I decide to go, I don't have to wait for the car to downshift... it's already there!!! I don't know of anyone else's tune that will downshift like mine... LOL
Old 7/4/07, 03:55 PM

Spent a day with Lidio from Alternative Auto! WOOHOO!

Typically if you go WOT the computer will hesitate (for what seems like forever!) before it decides to downshift... Now if I quickly punch the gas the car downshifts incredibly fast.. probably at about 75% pedal travel.. I no longer have that hesitation!

Also... my car will downshift as I coast down to a stop light... that means if I'm rolling at 10 or 15 MPH i'm in the right gear! So if I decide to go, I don't have to wait for the car to downshift... it's already there!!! I don't know of anyone else's tune that will downshift like mine... LOL
Lidio is a highly respected guy around the nation. Isn't it nice to be in a geographical area and have access to guys like that! I would love to meet the guy, his reputation with auto's is astounding.
Old 7/5/07, 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

yes buck , but you have the ultimate s197 shop/w tuner.... LOL.. POAWERHOUSE ****it.. i dont have anyone. LOL.
Old 7/5/07, 03:27 PM
MSP
Banned

LOL!! WOW Scrming wont stop mouthing off...

Maybe I'll prepare him a batch of cookies for Christmas, and send them to Michigan...!!

You like cookies dont you Scrming?

@Buckman

Scrming is p-i-s-s-ed off at me because I no longer run the Vortech.. He is really upset with me.. LOL!! Dont mind him Buckman.. You just concentrate on running that 10.995 ET!!
Old 7/5/07, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

ok, so MSP wont go to the track until hes ready,(history says never...so what) nice to see all this bantering and BS that has gone on in this thread has changed his mind........... oh wait, it didnt do squat, I really dont give a rats azz if anybody here goes to the track personally, I was however sort of interested in the twin turbo, I live here not too far from MSP and wondering how this thing is going to be smog legal, how is it really going to work in the real world once complete, now all I am going to read about is more BS about what amounts to nothing, I can not figure out why this same group continues to get in the debates this way, when will one of you be a bigger man or woman and give it a break?

@ MSP, like I mentioned, how/is this thing going to be smpg leagal or are you going to have to register it for off-road only? do you have a shop you are working with around the bay area for tuning, pipe fab and other necessities? I would love for you to come to Sac raceway with me, I would like to see the car run, if you dont want to hit the track though I would still like to see the car,
Old 7/5/07, 11:10 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by soitsav6
ok, so MSP wont go to the track until hes ready,(history says never...so what) nice to see all this bantering and BS that has gone on in this thread has changed his mind........... oh wait, it didnt do squat, I really dont give a rats azz if anybody here goes to the track personally, I was however sort of interested in the twin turbo, I live here not too far from MSP and wondering how this thing is going to be smog legal, how is it really going to work in the real world once complete, now all I am going to read about is more BS about what amounts to nothing, I can not figure out why this same group continues to get in the debates this way, when will one of you be a bigger man or woman and give it a break?

@ MSP, like I mentioned, how/is this thing going to be smpg leagal or are you going to have to register it for off-road only? do you have a shop you are working with around the bay area for tuning, pipe fab and other necessities? I would love for you to come to Sac raceway with me, I would like to see the car run, if you dont want to hit the track though I would still like to see the car,
Hey whats up Bill!! I designed the kit to pass smog.. Which is why the kit starts after the cats.. Getting a CARB sticker only cost $35 bucks in California.. All I have to do when I am done, is drive the car down there and have them inspect it.. They will make sure the cats are hooked up, and check the tail pipe...

Its not a big deal really.. My exhaust smells just as clean as a stock Mustang.. However, it actually burns fuel more efficiently because the turbo's atomize the air before they get to the combustion chamber thus increasing gas mileage and burning cleaner...

Your definately the person I will call when I am ready to go to Sacramento though...

Hows your car doing? Hows that new motor doing?
Old 7/6/07, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I am confused about the carb sticker, is it different as an individual than for a business? would like to know more about that. my car is doing great, still a little tweaking to get the best run at the track but street wise it is perfect, you should try to at least make it over to the Valley sometime, there are a few things I would like to see first hand on your car, I have actually never seen a twin turbo, custom or otherwise, only a couple singles. with the heat it will most likely be a while before I go back to the track, a rearend upgrade is a must before returning, also I am looking for a few resources local that I cant seem to find
Old 7/6/07, 03:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
However, it actually burns fuel more efficiently because the turbo's atomize the air before they get to the combustion chamber thus increasing gas mileage and burning cleaner...
How does a turbo "atomize the air"?
Old 7/6/07, 12:26 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by scrming
How does a turbo "atomize the air"?

Superchargers do it to.. It has to do with the impeller..

Since the intake air must pass through the blades of the impeller before it reaches the engine, it is at this point that the air is atomized and swirled into the intake..

You know this already Scrming.. You ever see those devices which can be placed inside your intake tube, to swirl the air on a N/A engine?

They are trying to duplicate the effect of a supercharger or turbo..

Here is one.. LOL! I know you have seen this..

http://www.google.com/url?sa=L&ai=Bs...oZ4tCL9d21ziIg

This is trying to duplicate the effect of a supercharger or turbo in terms of air and fuel..
Old 7/6/07, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

@MSP

These things talk about fuel atomization. Air is already "atomized".

We all joke about the "turbonators" and whatnot, but I'm really surprised these are still on the market. Haven't these companies been sued yet?
Old 7/6/07, 12:49 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by flapjack
@MSP

We all joke about the "turbonators" and whatnot, but I'm really surprised these are still on the market. Haven't these companies been sued yet?
LOL!! It would be hard to prove either way...

@Soitsav6

Now you have seen one Bill!

I doubt I would consider driving out there to show you it first hand.. When I am ready for the track, we'll hookup..
Old 7/6/07, 12:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by flapjack
@MSP

Wait...they don't work?!
Old 7/6/07, 01:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what happened to OUL? did someone ban him or what?

i want to see pics of his 350hp scion...
Old 7/6/07, 01:13 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
what happened to OUL? did someone ban him or what?

i want to see pics of his 350hp scion...
He proabably noticed the beating I have been taking trying to share my setup, and it scared him off...

The moderators really need to do a better job of controlling this type of thing..

The 350HP Scion is no joke.. I wouldn't make jokes about one if you own a Mustang with less than 450RWHP.. Based on the light weight of the car, 350HP is alot of power..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMud...elated&search=

How would you like to run into this guy at a red stoplight on a cold dark night? Without the support of the forum bully's to back you up? LOL!
Old 7/6/07, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MSP
He proabably noticed the beating I have been taking trying to share my setup, and it scared him off...

The moderators really need to do a better job of controlling this type of thing..

The 350HP Scion is no joke.. I wouldn't make jokes about one if you own a Mustang with less than 450RWHP.. Based on the light weight of the car, 350HP is alot of power..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMud...elated&search=

How would you like to run into this guy at a red stoplight on a cold dark night? Without the support of the forum bully's to back you up? LOL!
I'll race it!
Old 7/6/07, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I'll race it!
lol.... i dont think you would turn down anything...
Old 7/7/07, 03:32 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I'll race it!

LOL!! I dont think he is quite at your level Rygen!

I would like to see that race though!!

However, we really have no clue on what it could do.. It would be interesting thats for sure..
Old 7/9/07, 02:09 PM
Cam Tease

I just read through this thread...and --if you'll allow me a moment of bragging--want to remind everyone that many a year ago, I was the original MSP-hater.
Old 7/9/07, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
I just read through this thread...and --if you'll allow me a moment of bragging--want to remind everyone that many a year ago, I was the original MSP-hater.
For crying out loud! Is there anything we won't fight over?

(that is kinda funny, though...)
Old 7/20/07, 03:51 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Yep! No doubt about it AnotherMustangMan, you have always been my favorite!

However, there are many others who hated my guts before you.. LOL!

But you are one of the top 10 thats for sure.. Thank you so much! I have accomplished quite abit using your pure hatred as motivation..

Please say more mean and nasty things about me.. You and Scrming are my two top tier members!

I'll submit another dynosheet for you in about 1 more month.. Got a new setup I am working on.. Which I am sure will make you hate me even more.. LOL!

Quick Reply: S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi