V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/07, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I respect the power MSP's car makes, its impressive. MSP, you do realize Ranebowcyxx is running Powerhouse's Centri cams? From a roll, his car pulls harder than mine last time I rode in it. At least that is what the butt dyno said.
Old 7/3/07, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonys car is just plain sick. With better gears his car will be in the 11s for sure. $500 wow can I borrow some of that for my ongoing addiction for speed?
Old 7/3/07, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

@MSP- First off let me apologize for calling you a punk, you're right that is beneath me. But how is this for a fair request;

I'll post a dynosheet when you post a timeslip.

My timeslip can be found over at the Collective
It reads 12.58@110 MPH
Oh yeah, that's an Auto with stock 3.31 gears and street tires, oh that's at only 10 pounds boost, not bad for a P1SC huh?
Old 7/3/07, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
You can also look at it like this Scrming..

If Rainbow Cowboy and I were on the freeway and rolling at 40MPH in 4th gear, and went WOT what would happen?

Everyone knows what would happen.. However, I want to see if you can bring yourself to admit what would happen.. Will you?

I doubt it... Which just goes to show, you dont have a valid argument other than if someone has invested in 1/4 mile parts, they can be faster in the 1/4 mile with less HP...

Your utterly ridiculous Scrming.. I hope everyone reading all your post, start to classify you as such... With all the BS you have been posting in this thread, your argument is weak, and still has not changed the world of physics.. It has just allowed people to get to know you alittle better..
Actually, I love 40 MPH roll ons, my tranny kicks down to first and I have actually blown the tires away at that speed, kinda fun really.

You have to know that I have also invested in the right go fast parts, suspension, 8.8 rear, head and cam work topped off by being dyno tuned by Powerhouse.
I won't post the dyno (yet) but on PHs Mustang dyno we got 381 RWHP@ 10 pounds, Mike thinks there is more to be had.
Another reason I wouldn't shy away from a roll on race is my set up is all about top end, I won't say exactly where redline is, but Mike has the tune shifting at 6500 rpm
Old 7/3/07, 06:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
To illustrate the point Scrming here is a stock GT500 timeslip.. Which clocks in at 12.8ET... Pretty close to your cars ET...

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-10177.html

Now, everyone knows that this car is 450RWHP +..

So when comparing the two cars, based on the 1/4 mile time, what is the point and what could be proven?

However, if people were to compare the dynosheets they could gain a vast amount more information between the two cars.. Would you not agree?
Ok, sorry for the three posts in a row but I have to take your argument to task.
In your own words the GT500 is good for 450RWHP and runs 12.8
I have 380 and 12.5, so do you think the dyno numbers still tell the whole story?
Old 7/4/07, 12:12 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by ranebowcyxx
Ok, sorry for the three posts in a row but I have to take your argument to task.
In your own words the GT500 is good for 450RWHP and runs 12.8
I have 380 and 12.5, so do you think the dyno numbers still tell the whole story?
The argument can be made both ways RB6...

I'm not going to argue with you man.. Keep up the great work!! Your doing good..

But I will say this, I know what my car can do, besides dynosheets which I have posted on this website and beyond 6psi... Your bullying me just because you have cams, dont mean **** to me.. If I was to race you, I would set it at about 9psi and walk you into the sunset.. No cam in the world is going to keep me off your ***.. I dont need cams! The stock ones work great! Ask Buckman!
Old 7/4/07, 12:31 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by ranebowcyxx
@MSP- First off let me apologize for calling you a punk, you're right that is beneath me. But how is this for a fair request;

I'll post a dynosheet when you post a timeslip.

My timeslip can be found over at the Collective
It reads 12.58@110 MPH
Oh yeah, that's an Auto with stock 3.31 gears and street tires, oh that's at only 10 pounds boost, not bad for a P1SC huh?
Yeah thats pretty good... The Powerhouse Centri Cams sure do work great.. However, it all boils down to ultimate CFM capability of the power-adder RB6..

My boost stays @ 100F on a 100F ambient temp.. If the ambient temp was 70F, thats how hot my boost would be... I have built in consistency RB6.. I think we are better off to work together than against each other..

I view things based on the numbers.. The P1SC is only good for 59% efficiency.. The Powerhouse cams have helped it immensly..

However, ultimately 381RWHP wont be enough to handle me on the freeway RB6 in 4th gear.. I have never been to the track, and have not invested in track parts.. So you would probably get me in the 1/4 mile right now...

Your going to need to produce 450RWHP to be at my level... Thats where I should be by 11psi-12psi...

Dont do this RB6.. Lets just be friends and work together... Your one of Rygens friends so I dont want any problems with you.. Ok?
Old 7/4/07, 06:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
The argument can be made both ways RB6...

I'm not going to argue with you man.. Keep up the great work!! Your doing good..

But I will say this, I know what my car can do, besides dynosheets which I have posted on this website and beyond 6psi... Your bullying me just because you have cams, dont mean **** to me.. If I was to race you, I would set it at about 9psi and walk you into the sunset.. No cam in the world is going to keep me off your ***.. I dont need cams! The stock ones work great! Ask Buckman!
There is no arguement to be made... Ranebowcyxx's car is fastesr then a stock GT500 which makes a lot more RWHP... It's another example a car with LESS HP being faster.. why? Because Ranebowcyxx's car is a complete package. While you've spent the last 18 months worrying ONLY about HP, Ranebow has been working on all the other aspects of his car...
Old 7/4/07, 06:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Yeah thats pretty good... The Powerhouse Centri Cams sure do work great.. However, it all boils down to ultimate CFM capability of the power-adder RB6..

My boost stays @ 100F on a 100F ambient temp.. If the ambient temp was 70F, thats how hot my boost would be... I have built in consistency RB6.. I think we are better off to work together than against each other..

I view things based on the numbers.. The P1SC is only good for 59% efficiency.. The Powerhouse cams have helped it immensly..

However, ultimately 381RWHP wont be enough to handle me on the freeway RB6 in 4th gear.. I have never been to the track, and have not invested in track parts.. So you would probably get me in the 1/4 mile right now...

Your going to need to produce 450RWHP to be at my level... Thats where I should be by 11psi-12psi...

Dont do this RB6.. Lets just be friends and work together... Your one of Rygens friends so I dont want any problems with you.. Ok?
"Lets just be friends..." Oh, that's pretty funny coming from the guy who basically insulted everyone from the collective that doesn't have a turbo...

And what's with this 40mph crap... why not from a dead stop? But even from a 40MPH you'ld get smoked... Our automatics are going to downshift before you have a chance to even blink.... My car is set up to downshift BEFORE I even hit WOT... The result is almost instantanous 12 PSI....

Ok.. once again you simply don't grasp the concept of raw HP doesn't low et's... Based on your theory of racing and based on the GT500... 450RWHP = 12.8... which Ranebowcyxx has already surpased with his 12.5!

Sooooo.. why not just finish up your car and take Ranebowcxx up on his offer to meet you at a track?
Old 7/4/07, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

yo' queiro taco bell
Old 7/4/07, 08:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scrming
There is no arguement to be made... Ranebowcyxx's car is fastesr then a stock GT500 which makes a lot more RWHP... It's another example a car with LESS HP being faster.. why? Because Ranebowcyxx's car is a complete package. While you've spent the last 18 months worrying ONLY about HP, Ranebow has been working on all the other aspects of his car...
Just a question. Not getting in the middle of this.
Has RB6 changed his gear?
I think there is a diff between fast and quick.
RB6 is focused more on having a 1/4 car.....nothing wrong here, thats the direction I am taking as well.
RB6 car is quick ....but a GT500 is fast.
Old 7/4/07, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jahnnee5
Just a question. Not getting in the middle of this.
Has RB6 changed his gear?
I think there is a diff between fast and quick.
RB6 is focused more on having a 1/4 car.....nothing wrong here, thats the direction I am taking as well.
RB6 car is quick ....but a GT500 is fast.
sorry... but RB6's car beats that GT500 all around.. Let's look at the GT500 that MSP pointed out:

GT500's 60': 2.210
RB6 (with 3.31 gears!) 60': 1.950

GT500 1/8: 8.49 @ 88.69
RB6 1/8: 8.19 @ 88.14

GT500 1/4: 12.87 @ 113.43
RB6 1/4: 12.58 @ 110.71

So RB6 is well ahead of the GT500 the whole way!

Now the GT500 did trap at a higher MPH... he should.. he has a lot more HP... But with a 2.210 60' it's a pretty good bet he had a hard time turning all that power in to useful forward motion! Sitting at the line spinning is not quick or fast.... this is the real world part that you can't see in a dynosheet... this is the part of the equation that MSP wants us all to ignore... RAW HP does not gurarantee you will win!!
Old 7/4/07, 08:54 AM
GT Member

There is also the gray matter behind the wheel that factors in also......
Old 7/4/07, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jahnnee5
There is also the gray matter behind the wheel that factors in also......
yep... there is that too... a good driver can walk a car out and get a good ET... when I was running on steet tires Lidio (alt auto.) could walk my car out and turn an ET that was .3 faster than I could do... once I went to DR's our times were more equal (I out weigh Lidio by more than 100 pounds)...

But even a good driver can have a hard time getting an S197 (of any type) to hook with the stock suspension... even a GT500... (I seen a GT500 run 14's!!! LOL)

These are the kinds of things that are not on a dyno sheet...
Old 7/4/07, 12:00 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by scrming
yep... there is that too... a good driver can walk a car out and get a good ET... when I was running on steet tires Lidio (alt auto.) could walk my car out and turn an ET that was .3 faster than I could do... once I went to DR's our times were more equal (I out weigh Lidio by more than 100 pounds)...

But even a good driver can have a hard time getting an S197 (of any type) to hook with the stock suspension... even a GT500... (I seen a GT500 run 14's!!! LOL)

These are the kinds of things that are not on a dyno sheet...

Yeah, under normal circumstances I would be commending RB6 on his accomplishments.. I think its unfair that somehow he wound up in this thread pitted against me..

I'm not bothering anyone, just trying to share a SOHC 4.0 Twin Turbo system with the community...

I have all kinds of good things to say about RB6, but was never given the chance..
Old 7/4/07, 12:15 PM

Listen, everyone posting in here has a killer setup, that can't be disputed. We all go different directions with our builds, and the collaboration among peers is how we share the knowledge.
To be honest I would probably get spanked by both MSP and Tony from a roll, but that's ok. Tony's car is a freak once it gets rolling, Todd and I both have talked about that, the power it makes from 1/8th to trap is astounding. MSP's build is different but the twins would make me cringe if I saw him on the street.
This infighting needs to stop for the greater good of the community, I think it is mainly the passions we share for our cars and the way that words get put into context on the internet/forums that does this. I think if we were all standing around our cars in person, these issues wouldn't even crop up.
So, great builds out there, and I really want to read more on how people are making power.
Old 7/4/07, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Buckman
Listen, everyone posting in here has a killer setup, that can't be disputed. We all go different directions with our builds, and the collaboration among peers is how we share the knowledge.
To be honest I would probably get spanked by both MSP and Tony from a roll, but that's ok. Tony's car is a freak once it gets rolling, Todd and I both have talked about that, the power it makes from 1/8th to trap is astounding. MSP's build is different but the twins would make me cringe if I saw him on the street.
This infighting needs to stop for the greater good of the community, I think it is mainly the passions we share for our cars and the way that words get put into context on the internet/forums that does this. I think if we were all standing around our cars in person, these issues wouldn't even crop up.
So, great builds out there, and I really want to read more on how people are making power.
Buckman... you know I have incredible respect for you... and I understand what you are saying.... But until MSP stops with the personal attacks when someone questions him, this "infighting" will continue... MSP makes wild claims (ie. "I will brutally rape..." ) and then attacks anyone who questions him. You can not post claims like that on a public internet forum and not expect to get questions...

You have a lot more to boast about than MSP will ever have, yet he makes wild claims in the most caustic fashion and then throws a temper tantrum when people call him on the carpet...

MSP could learn a lot from you... you are a shining example of humility.... I asked him to tone down the rhetroic (after calling rmays a "*****") to which MSP responded by calling me "gay"...

This has moved beyond information, cars, forced inductions.... it's really about MSP learning to play nicely in the sand box... which he continues to refuse to do...
Old 7/4/07, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Yeah, under normal circumstances I would be commending RB6 on his accomplishments.. I think its unfair that somehow he wound up in this thread pitted against me..

I'm not bothering anyone, just trying to share a SOHC 4.0 Twin Turbo system with the community...

I have all kinds of good things to say about RB6, but was never given the chance..
Let's review... you wrote:

Originally Posted by MSP
Yeah, sorry about that Adrenalin.. There are several members of the 4.0 community who are truely besides themselves about the fact that a Twin Turbo S197 V6 exist... The fact that I built it myself is a very bitter pill to swallow.. Since I did not have the support of the moderators on this board, I have decided to remove the information which brings great pain to jealous 4.0 owners..

The system kicks *** and makes good power with very little boost.. I have something that no other 4.0 owner can brag about.. The only 4.0 owners who understand this type of power are those who have Powerhouse Turbo's in their cars... My system will brutally rape anything else currently on the market, with half the boost... LOL!

They can't stand it.. Like you I have never 1/4 mile tracked my car to gain a classification within 4.0 society..

This situation does not allow them to properly classify me within the community.. So the only thing left for them to do is attack me based soley on the 1/4 mile..

I understand the anguish to which they are tormented.. Having twin turbo's in a S197 V6 Mustang is a blast.. Life is good, and they can't stand it!! LOL!

Sorry suckers!!

When you have something other people dream about, you are often hated and dspised because of it.. I accept this, and really enjoy being mysterious! I am very dangerous, and this is what they fear the most!

I hope I never catch one of these slow pokes on the street or at a stoplight because I will show no mercy!! LOL!
Pretty tough words from someone who has never run their car at a track...
And you wonder why RB6 got involved?
Old 7/4/07, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I got lost after pg 1....LOL....
Old 7/4/07, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

sorry to break off topic, but scrming, how did you get your car to downshift before WOT?

Quick Reply: S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi