V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/07, 11:55 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
hmmm, very interesting thread. Oh well, now I know why people give me such a hard time for never taking mine to the track. I like power as well, and making more HP but I don't see the need for the 1/4 mile unless you want to see how good you are at running it Then again with all the edits, deletes, etc in this thread I hardly have a clue what we are even talking about here...lol
Yeah, sorry about that Adrenalin.. There are several members of the 4.0 community who are truely besides themselves about the fact that a Twin Turbo S197 V6 exist... The fact that I built it myself is a very bitter pill to swallow.. Since I did not have the support of the moderators on this board, I have decided to remove the information which brings great pain to jealous 4.0 owners..

The system kicks *** and makes good power with very little boost.. I have something that no other 4.0 owner can brag about.. The only 4.0 owners who understand this type of power are those who have Powerhouse Turbo's in their cars... My system will brutally rape anything else currently on the market, with half the boost... LOL!

They can't stand it.. Like you I have never 1/4 mile tracked my car to gain a classification within 4.0 society..

This situation does not allow them to properly classify me within the community.. So the only thing left for them to do is attack me based soley on the 1/4 mile..

I understand the anguish to which they are tormented.. Having twin turbo's in a S197 V6 Mustang is a blast.. Life is good, and they can't stand it!! LOL!

Sorry suckers!!

When you have something other people dream about, you are often hated and dspised because of it.. I accept this, and really enjoy being mysterious! I am very dangerous, and this is what they fear the most!

I hope I never catch one of these slow pokes on the street or at a stoplight because I will show no mercy!! LOL!

Old 6/19/07, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, sorry about that Adrenalin.. There are several members of the 4.0 community who are truely besides themselves about the fact that a Twin Turbo S197 V6 exist... The fact that I built it myself is a very bitter pill to swallow.. Since I did not have the support of the moderators on this board, I have decided to remove the information which brings great pain to jealous 4.0 owners..
Really no jealousy....

Honestly, believe it or not I'm with you man. I hope you get the system you want and build the Z06 or similar car you desire. It would be a feather in all of our cap for you to get this off the ground and build a reliable, proven system capable of all the nensense you claim and talk about. As of now we get the guess and sorry I didn't have game....it gets old and then you go on the attack.
Think about this does anyone attack any of the pioneers we have now, BUCKMAN, RYGEN, SCRMIN, TorchVert RB6....no we hold them in high reguard. MSP no one is against your car just your games....

I hope I never catch one of these slow pokes on the street or at a stoplight because I will show no mercy!! LOL!
Really smart man, so you'd rather do something danerous than to just prove it to us.....lol
Old 6/19/07, 12:57 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rmays06
Really no jealousy....

Honestly, believe it or not I'm with you man. I hope you get the system you want and build the Z06 or similar car you desire. It would be a feather in all of our cap for you to get this off the ground and build a reliable, proven system capable of all the nensense you claim and talk about. As of now we get the guess and sorry I didn't have game....it gets old and then you go on the attack.
Think about this does anyone attack any of the pioneers we have now, BUCKMAN, RYGEN, SCRMIN, TorchVert RB6....no we hold them in high reguard. MSP no one is against your car just your games....
Oh I dont play games.. I posted pictures and a dyno sheet of the system without a proper tune making good power at low boost... No games here..

Not into 1/4 mile racing at the moment.. Still perfecting my system with upgrades to further enhance its performance..

You state that I play games, but my pictures and dyno sheets show how serious I am.. The 1/4 mile is something that does motivate me to build up the best power-adder available however.. So in time, when I feel I am to the point where I desire more knowledge, I will go.. But until then, I am happy with my car based on its dyno performance.. I understand this is not what others desire, however its my car.. LOL!
Old 6/19/07, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Oh I dont play games.. I posted pictures and a dyno sheet of the system without a proper tune making good power at low boost... No games here..

Not into 1/4 mile racing at the moment.. Still perfecting my system with upgrades to further enhance its performance..

You state that I play games, but my pictures and dyno sheets show how serious I am.. The 1/4 mile is something that does motivate me to build up the best power-adder available however.. So in time, when I feel I am to the point where I desire more knowledge, I will go.. But until then, I am happy with my car based on its dyno performance.. I understand this is not what others desire, however its my car.. LOL!

It is you car and best of luck....keep us informed....
RON
Old 6/19/07, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

I've just always wanted to use that smiley. So.... thank you all... for making...a dream... come true.... for me. *sniffle*
Old 6/19/07, 01:15 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by rmays06
But you'll street race? You say your happy then why make the excuse about the tune? Its a game! man
I made the tune myself which produced the dyno sheets.. Its not a professional tune yet.. Its a tune built from scratch so I can drive the car safely to work, and get a baseline dyno..

I am going to be using Sniper Tuning Software to make a better tune myself.. I enjoy doing things myself.. The numbers in the dyno sheets are not professional numbers.. They were created by me, who is not a professional tuner...

Expect the numbers to greatly increase if done by a professional.. So its not a game.. Its an honest situation.. I dont street race either.. I have a few times, like every other normal Mustang owner does, or performance car owner..

I know you would like to believe it to be a game, because you hang around people on the Collective who do not like me.. They have brainwashed you into this belief.. However, if I was about games I could never have built the only privately owned twin turbo system in the country and provided pictures and dyno sheets, and a couple of small video's...

The people who respect me most are Powerhouse Turbo owners.. Every single one of them support me tremendously.. They have never attacked me or discouraged me from self innovation.. Publicly they allow me to be attacked and say nothing.. Privately they show me tremendous respect and support..

You should becareful who you consider friend or foe.. I have chosen to pioneer something for the SOHC 4.0 in which can't be provided by the aftermarket.. I have accomplished it completely on my own...

Perhaps my pursuit will allow others the courage to do the same.. Or atleast try...
Old 6/19/07, 01:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
<SNIP>

My system will brutally rape anything else currently on the market, with half the boost... LOL!
Brutally rape??? Please explain? Where? On the dyno? There can be a big difference between tuning for dyno numbers and tuning for real life... even if you use a MD dyno... Where's your proof for this claim? And what happend last fall... you talked and talked about how you were all set to go to the track... you even had a date picked out... but then the day came and went and it was never mentioned again... why is that? If you are going to talk about "brutally raping" someone you better have more than a dyno sheet...

Originally Posted by MSP
They can't stand it.. Like you I have never 1/4 mile tracked my car to gain a classification within 4.0 society..

This situation does not allow them to properly classify me within the community.. So the only thing left for them to do is attack me based soley on the 1/4 mile..
No... we just want you to back up your claims... dyno sheets are nice but do not tell the complete performance story... As mentioned you can have a tune that runs fine on the dyno but will be terrible when you put it in a real life situation... like at the track...

Originally Posted by MSP
I understand the anguish to which they are tormented.. Having twin turbo's in a S197 V6 Mustang is a blast.. Life is good, and they can't stand it!! LOL!
Sorry suckers!!
If I really wanted a twin turbo I would have one... Period... Remember, I've have driven a Twin Turbo S197 V6 Mustang long before your project started. I was also the first one to get a ride in the PH turbo V6 car. I don't spending 18 months worrying only about dyno numbers... i have built my car into a very well rounded performer... one that does well at the track and wins at National level cars shows... Not to mention the magazine coverage...

Originally Posted by MSP

When you have something other people dream about, you are often hated and dspised because of it.. I accept this, and really enjoy being mysterious! I am very dangerous, and this is what they fear the most!
You are very dangerous because of the misinformation you spread... you post claims without having all the facts and then launch personal attacks against anyone who dares questions you... then you get all upset and play the martyr...

Originally Posted by MSP

and lets not forget your a legendary street racer...
Old 6/19/07, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
<SNIP>

I have chosen to pioneer something for the SOHC 4.0 in which can't be provided by the aftermarket..
The reason it's not provided by the aftermarket is the cost... The cost of twin turbo setup compared to the addtional benefit of a single turbo setup like PH, does not make financial sense.... there are not enough people willing to spend $7,000 or $8,000 to put a twin turbo on their V6... the market is just not there...

Originally Posted by MSP

I have accomplished it completely on my own...
Yes, you've done an amazing job so far... i have always said, i give you credit where credit is due... the issues start when you start calling people like rmays06 a "*****"...
Old 6/19/07, 02:19 PM
MSP
Banned

Thanks for your support Scrming!! Yeah I love the Twin Turbo setup!

MRT has done a great job on your car as well... Atleast we can agree on something..

Have a nice life Scrming.. Lets leave it like this, and pretend we each dont exist.. I think its best for the community if we continue to avoid each other... I wont post in your theads, and you dont post in mine... You have a nice car built by MRT, and I have a nice car built by me...

I'm glad MRT let you ride in their twin turbo, cause you sure have spent enough money with them over the years.. Its the least they can do..

Now enjoy life man! Go hug your beautiful wife and baby, and drive your car and be happy! LOL! Lifes too short to hate..
Old 6/19/07, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's like a giant V6 catfight.
Old 6/19/07, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Thanks for your support Scrming!! Yeah I love the Twin Turbo setup!

MRT has done a great job on your car as well... Atleast we can agree on something..

Have a nice life Scrming.. Lets leave it like this, and pretend we each dont exist.. I think its best for the community if we continue to avoid each other... I wont post in your theads, and you dont post in mine... You have a nice car built by MRT, and I have a nice car built by me...

I'm glad MRT let you ride in their twin turbo, cause you sure have spent enough money with them over the years.. Its the least they can do..

Now enjoy life man! Go hug your beautiful wife and baby, and drive your car and be happy! LOL! Lifes too short to hate..
Again, it's not hate... It's very simple... I will not let you bad mouth people that do not deserve it... I'm not a moderator, but I will not stand by and let your run down good people... keep your temper in check and avoid personal attacks and I won't have to post in your threads... it's really that simple...

Not only have I DRIVEN the Cherry, I've also had the pleasure of driving The Interceptor and Reload... both of which are 470RWHP cars...

In the mean time... let me know when you have some thing like these sitting on your mantle...

Or let me know when I can pick up a magazine and read about your great setup...
Old 6/19/07, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I respect what you have done with this project, its quite impressive. I'm not looking for 1/4 mile slips from you, so I take it as what it is. The dyno and build schematics provide a lot of useful data. On the other stuff, when we have disagreed, we have agreed to disagree and I don't see the point in dragging it through the mud again.

In fact I personally rank this project slightly above the MRT twin turbo in terms of technical (of course the MRT also has the appearance and suspension modifications that overall would rank higher). Sounds controversial doesn't it? I'll tell you why, its a show car, and the financial numbers I got from MRT on getting that twin turbo kit installed were cost prohibitive. Its a show car, thats all it is. It won't see track time, its setup to sit there...and sell parts. Sorry, it simply does not impress me like it used to.

As for MRT, the cars that I do respect and appreciate are Johns car, and the Interceptor. Both a nice blend of appearance, performance and handling. Both proven in all aspects!

And here I promised myself I would stay out of this bloody thread. Oh well, just like old times with the intense V6 threads. LOL.

Cheers.
Old 6/19/07, 03:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
I respect what you have done with this project, its quite impressive. I'm not looking for 1/4 mile slips from you, so I take it as what it is. The dyno and build schematics provide a lot of useful data. On the other stuff, when we have disagreed, we have agreed to disagree and I don't see the point in dragging it through the mud again.

In fact I personally rank this project slightly above the MRT twin turbo in terms of technical (of course the MRT also has the appearance and suspension modifications that overall would rank higher). Sounds controversial doesn't it? I'll tell you why, its a show car, and the financial numbers I got from MRT on getting that twin turbo kit installed were cost prohibitive. Its a show car, thats all it is. It won't see track time, its setup to sit there...and sell parts. Sorry, it simply does not impress me like it used to.

As for MRT, the cars that I do respect and appreciate are Johns car, and the Interceptor. Both a nice blend of appearance, performance and handling. Both proven in all aspects!

And here I promised myself I would stay out of this bloody thread. Oh well, just like old times with the intense V6 threads. LOL.

Cheers.
You are right about the Cherry... but if we go by MSP's standards it really doesn't matter... it makes 350RWHP at 7.5 PSI... that's all that counts! The fact however is the stock tranny in the Cherry appears to be worst than most when it comes to not going into 3rd... Scott has simply never had the time to address it... of course the other issues is it's a convertible... which mean it will need a rollbar...

Scott has taken me around the road course in Reload... insane... and the Interceptor handles the corners even better! I'm not sure exactly how the road course licensing works... but I know Scott has the top level license...

Old 6/19/07, 03:22 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by scrming
Again, it's not hate... It's very simple... I will not let you bad mouth people that do not deserve it... I'm not a moderator, but I will not stand by and let your run down good people... keep your temper in check and avoid personal attacks and I won't have to post in your threads... it's really that simple...

Not only have I DRIVEN the Cherry, I've also had the pleasure of driving The Interceptor and Reload... both of which are 470RWHP cars...

In the mean time... let me know when you have some thing like these sitting on your mantle...

Or let me know when I can pick up a magazine and read about your great setup...
Yes Scrming, there is no doubt about it your car is bad ***... You have given the community alot more than I have and I respect that.. You were the first to hit the 1/4 mile and allow me to build faith in our cars.. I cant deny you are a true pioneer...

I'm just doing the best I can with a $4k mortgage payment, and an x wife that tricked the judge into $1400 bucks a month in child support and alimony... LOL!!

My current wife is great, and allows me to spend alittle money on the car.. But yeah, I cant throw alot all at once or she will start asking questions... I also pay $900 bucks a month in health care.. LOL!!

This is reality!! I am glad your able to enjoy your car much more than me.. However, I really enjoy having twin turbo's and can say I did it myself... LOL!! Luckily!

I live in California Scrming, not Michigan.. I am sure you mortgage is less than $2K a month, and you probably have a bigger house than me.. LOL!!
Old 6/19/07, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tranny issues sound simular to what PHP and PH dealt with on thier sixers. At the end of the day, the tranny has to come out of the manual cars if you get serious with it.

I'm fully aware of Scotts driving crenditials, which impresses the hell out of me. Same with Dave@EE, his driving crenditials are a mile long.

As for a roll bar, thats easy enough to address on the verts.
Old 6/19/07, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
The tranny issues sound simular to what PHP and PH dealt with on thier sixers. At the end of the day, the tranny has to come out of the manual cars if you get serious with it.

I'm fully aware of Scotts driving crenditials, which impresses the hell out of me. Same with Dave@EE, his driving crenditials are a mile long.

As for a roll bar, thats easy enough to address on the verts.
Yeah... Scott has not really seriously tried to address the issue... as you pointed out... it was built as a SEMA show car... not a track car... So it doesn't have the bracing and torque limiters that the PH and PHP cars have.. which I think would probably help the shifting...
Old 6/19/07, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Yes Scrming, there is no doubt about it your car is bad ***... You have given the community alot more than I have and I respect that.. You were the first to hit the 1/4 mile and allow me to build faith in our cars.. I cant deny you are a true pioneer...

I'm just doing the best I can with a $4k mortgage payment, and an x wife that tricked the judge into $1400 bucks a month in child support and alimony... LOL!!

My current wife is great, and allows me to spend alittle money on the car.. But yeah, I cant throw alot all at once or she will start asking questions... I also pay $900 bucks a month in health care.. LOL!!

This is reality!! I am glad your able to enjoy your car much more than me.. However, I really enjoy having twin turbo's and can say I did it myself... LOL!! Luckily!

I live in California Scrming, not Michigan.. I am sure you mortgage is less than $2K a month, and you probably have a bigger house than me.. LOL!!
ok... and what does this have to do with your personal attacks? Tone down your rhetoric and don't take every question as a personal attack... it's really is that simple... No body is out to get you... we all want to see you succeed... so don't take every thing so dang personal...
Old 6/19/07, 06:23 PM
MSP
Banned

ok... and what does this have to do with your personal attacks? Tone down your rhetoric and don't take every question as a personal attack... it's really is that simple... No body is out to get you... we all want to see you succeed... so don't take every thing so dang personal...
Actually rmays06 and I are cool now.. Its behind us..

Why dont you get over it now and grow up... Personally I wish we lived alittle closer actually.. Like within 5 miles...
Old 6/19/07, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Actually rmays06 and I are cool now.. Its behind us..

Why dont you get over it now and grow up... Personally I wish we lived alittle closer actually.. Like within 5 miles...

Me, grow up??? Who was just whining about there house payment and their child support? BOOHOO.. I pay $4000 a month house payment... boohoo... Not my fault... BOOHOO.. I have to pay $1400 a month in child support.. again, not my fault...
Old 6/20/07, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Me, grow up??? Who was just whining about there house payment and their child support? BOOHOO.. I pay $4000 a month house payment... boohoo... Not my fault... BOOHOO.. I have to pay $1400 a month in child support.. again, not my fault...
ok i shouldnt laugh at pther ppls finaical matters mut reading this in my head and actually doing the boohoo in my just made me freaking LOL.. thats all im saying....

Quick Reply: S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi