MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edited
Old 6/12/07, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MSP

I wonder how soon it will take for Scothew's new policy to be put into effect, about a 0 tolerance policy....?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/announcement.php?f=46

I have no idea what rmays06 is talking about.. However, it does appear he is somehow attacking me personally..

If anyone knows what he is talking about please chime in...
My fault I thought you only had one turbo in but still the excuses you use in the thread are overwhelming. You numbers are good but could be better and you mane sure you pointed the reason out. Every time you post about this its a game "who can guess my numbers" Who cars? post them up and for the love of Jean run that car....for 2 yours now you talk about how fast it is but have never run it....you give us all a bad name and a talking game!
As far as an insult I only see truths no insults....
So what is an attack, asking you why you haven't run it? or is wondering why you play games? again you question poises another little game, how coy can I be?
Old 6/13/07, 03:04 AM
MSP
Banned

edited
Old 6/13/07, 10:41 AM
V6 Member

Hey guys,

First of all, I want to appologize for my comments last week. I had a few personal issues come up, not the least of which my sister lost her baby. Please don't take it personally. Seriously, I'm a nice guy who is just excited about the car. Its my first Pony, and I spent a lot of money making it just the way I like it. If it makes you feeel any better, a truck ran my off the road and into a curb last week, causing $1200 dollars in damage to the Pony. Nothing big, but I'm stuck driving an RX-8 when I was just getting used to the best car I have ever owned. So, Please take my comments with a grain of salt. Honestly, its not a personality issue that someone suggested. It was just a few personal issues in my life that had me in a bad mood.

Peace.
Old 6/13/07, 11:49 AM
MSP
Banned

edited
Old 6/13/07, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

No, if you know Houston, I was taking a U-Turn with my own lane off I-10. The truck just didn't see me, and started into my lane, I had to either let him hit me, or hit the curb. I chose the curb. I don't think the truck ever saw me because he kept on going. Lucky for me, about ten minutes after, a flat bed tow truck just happened to drive behind me (out of blind luck) It was a split second decision in times like that. Luckily, the curb was not more than four inches, but I did take out a couple of those small new trees they are putting up as they finish I-10's improvements.

I understand you question though, as I had been testing it out in a couple of parking lots. The car can get away from you very quickly without the traction control on, and even with it on, it will still spin for a while before trying to stop itself. That in itself is a strange feeling. Its like slamming on the anti-lock breaks, but going sideways. I can't describe it, but the tires basically start and stop which kind of makes it feel like you are hitting little bumps that aren't there. I won't make the mistake again of trying to play with it with the traction on. It didn't exactly feel right the one time I did it (unintentionally).
Old 6/13/07, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

OH, and BTW, I don't plan on driving this as my regular car, so I put a $1000 deductible on it. Since the repairs are $1200, I'm not filing a claim.
Old 6/13/07, 01:48 PM
V6 Member

I guess this is technically a Ford, but its what I am stuck with full time untill I get my Pony back Friday. Honestly, the worst part is, the wreck set me back on getting the turbo slapped on this thing. I got it for the cornering ability for the track, which the Mustang isn't strong. They told me they could double the 238 standard hp, but we shall see. Untill then, I'll just have to drive this slow thing. Am I am being serious. Its got a 9000rpm redline, so you literally have to be speeding to feel any power.
Old 6/13/07, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
I dont desire to run it yet.. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Not everyone is into running the 1/4 mile.. Sure we enjoy the numbers it produces to use as a basis for upgrades and to end speculation about the cars efficiency within 1320ft.. However, some guys just like well performing cars.. There is no dishonor is enjoying the path to make HP.. You dont have to desire to actually use it at a track..

How many people who own a Z06 Corvette, or 360 Ferrari Medena ever go to a 1/4 mile track and race it? Not a whole hell of alot rmays06..

It is so immature to insult someone because they hold 1/4 mile racing at a different level of value than you, or your immidiate assosciates... The biggest problem with most of the characters you hang around is, they feel that everyone who owns a Mustang or any fast car must pay repesct to the 1/4 mile.. If not, they are to be discredited..

Thats ridiculous.. So I avoid your group, because we view things differently in terms of cars and performance.. Thats really all I have to say about it..

Grow up, and respect that all performance car owners dont desire the 1/4 mile.. Good street performance is what 99.9% of all performance car owners desire.. If they someday make it to the track, then they do.. If not oh well..

Also, your track intimidation means nothing to me, so you can use it to wipe your ***... LOL!
now how is attacking and insulting. Not everyone who owns a Z06 or a 360 Ferrari Medena puts twin turbos on them either. And if the do they don't go around bragging and playing how big will my numbers be. If you intend to compare yourself with them I can see where your problem stems....
I hope you get all you want out of your car and it is everything you want it to be but don't dangle a carrot in my (or my groups) face with your fictious numbers and be holyier than thou in you opinions and mannerisms....that is the ridiculous part...you just don't get it! HP is just a number remember driving the car takes skill 1/4 daily or x-cross it all help in the day to day life of a driver. So you sit there and tell me your building a moster for what purpose? To illegally drive on the streets now how needs to grow up? topic !

oulexicon- welcome to the forum and enjoy it here it gets better. I hope everything turns out better fo ryou
Old 6/14/07, 05:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
I dont desire to run it yet.. Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Not everyone is into running the 1/4 mile.. Sure we enjoy the numbers it produces to use as a basis for upgrades and to end speculation about the cars efficiency within 1320ft.. However, some guys just like well performing cars.. There is no dishonor is enjoying the path to make HP.. You dont have to desire to actually use it at a track..

How many people who own a Z06 Corvette, or 360 Ferrari Medena ever go to a 1/4 mile track and race it? Not a whole hell of alot rmays06..

It is so immature to insult someone because they hold 1/4 mile racing at a different level of value than you, or your immidiate assosciates... The biggest problem with most of the characters you hang around is, they feel that everyone who owns a Mustang or any fast car must pay repesct to the 1/4 mile.. If not, they are to be discredited..

Thats ridiculous.. So I avoid your group, because we view things differently in terms of cars and performance.. Thats really all I have to say about it..

Grow up, and respect that all performance car owners dont desire the 1/4 mile.. Good street performance is what 99.9% of all performance car owners desire.. If they someday make it to the track, then they do.. If not oh well..

Also, your track intimidation means nothing to me, so you can use it to wipe your ***... LOL!
MSP... you must own TWO TIARRAS..... One that says Dyno Queen and one that says Drama Queen...

You talk about how fast your car is but have nothing to back it up except a dyno sheet that proves nothting more than HP... you have no idea how fast your car is... period... there is more to making a car fast than just sheer HP...

The Z06 owner doesn't need to run his car at a track to know how fast it is, because SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY HAS! Since your car is unique so we have no idea... For all we know your car will just sit and spin...

If I remember correctly you were all set to run the Vortech at the track last fall... but then you chickened out, and never went... then you start your TT project... my hats off to you for that... (credit where credit is due)... and now when you have a chance to button up the project and see what the car can do... oh, wait.. have to redesign the down tubes... oh... going to be a couple more months... You car is worse than any goverment project i've ever seen!

The FACTS ARE:

1) You will never finish... even when you had the Vortech you were constantly changing it...

2) You will never take your car to the track. All you will ever give us is dyno sheets and some tall tales of your street adventures.
Old 6/14/07, 05:17 AM
MSP
Banned

edited
Old 6/14/07, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MSP
Yeah ok Scrming.. Changing the downpipes to 3in now, will be best in the long run... Might as well do it now and get it over with..

Anyways, whatever man..
You have been warned scale it back....lets play nice!
Old 6/16/07, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually a Z06 owner without a slip from a road course or drag strip does not impress me if they are bench racing. Saying "I've seen cars like mine run x" does not mean ****, cause its not your car. What your car will do is what matters. I know my motor is good for 10s with the boost dialed up....I know my tranny will implode though at that level so my point is another car running 10s does not mean mine will. This ties into my point, what can "your" car do.

Plus I killed my share of LS1's at the track. Be it power, driver skill, conditions, etc a kill is a kill. Every performance car hobbiest strives to make the car as consistant as possible in as many conditions possible.

As for this project, its **** right impressive. Gotta give the man props, only 2 others have done it (that are not shops). I'm curious to see what it does with a good tune. Also, have you documented the design. I know you, Jenna and Jaybo have done these type of custom setups. Wondering if it will help others who want to fab up thier own system.

Cheers.
Old 6/16/07, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

im impressed with everything thus far all tho when MSP talks all these math stuff and flow rates I get lost.. I lol.. i just like that fact that hes doing it.. wish some more shops would do it to offer more out there for us tuners..

keep it coming MSP.
Old 6/16/07, 06:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Actually a Z06 owner without a slip from a road course or drag strip does not impress me if they are bench racing. Saying "I've seen cars like mine run x" does not mean ****, cause its not your car. What your car will do is what matters. I know my motor is good for 10s with the boost dialed up....I know my tranny will implode though at that level so my point is another car running 10s does not mean mine will. This ties into my point, what can "your" car do.

Plus I killed my share of LS1's at the track. Be it power, driver skill, conditions, etc a kill is a kill. Every performance car hobbiest strives to make the car as consistant as possible in as many conditions possible.

As for this project, its **** right impressive. Gotta give the man props, only 2 others have done it (that are not shops). I'm curious to see what it does with a good tune. Also, have you documented the design. I know you, Jenna and Jaybo have done these type of custom setups. Wondering if it will help others who want to fab up thier own system.

Cheers.

My point is at least with a Z06 we have a point of reference... we know what a Z06 will do with a professional driver and optimal conditions... That is not the case with MSP's car... we have no idea what his car would do even with a professional driver...
Old 6/16/07, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by scrming
My point is at least with a Z06 we have a point of reference... we know what a Z06 will do with a professional driver and optimal conditions... That is not the case with MSP's car... we have no idea what his car would do even with a professional driver...
My points exactally! The car has been wrenched on and that is the extent of the knowledge that is know of the car. Maybe i was a little harsh with my original post but the games of guessing get old. Its time to run that bad boy so we can all see what it can do.....
Old 6/16/07, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

@scrming-
man i respect what you do for our community but to be honest every msp thread ive read you( and a few consistent others) usally on the negative side with msp, you might not like the guy but let him blow his car up on his own behalf... you blew yours with the 150 shot of zex i think, rygen did with the turbo, nav with the x, and myself with the procharger&zex combo..... let him do it with his twin turbo custom kit if he doesnt tune it correctly its his money let be man.... why do you always have to break out some tech stuff ..

if he want to clam what ever let him claim it. Who cares is it your car?
Not taking a personal attack at you man just stating what i have seen with his past few topics on his car or project's..

Me like i siad could care less if he gets the tune 100% or sizes his down pipe correctly just let him do it .. when he gets results form a dyno hes posting them up more then some shops even do with there products they release.

its all for the same cause making the car faster.
Now john like i said this isnt to be taken the wrong way man im cool with yeah
Old 6/17/07, 02:09 PM
FR500 Member

Why 2 hairdryers, when 1 can get you into the 11's with over 400hp to the wheels?

Now that's gettin it done. Day after race night, runnin around on slicks and skinnies

Old 6/17/07, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David finally got his 11's, right on!!! I need to get teh details from him!

Originally Posted by SixtySix
Why 2 hairdryers, when 1 can get you into the 11's with over 400hp to the wheels?

Now that's gettin it done. Day after race night, runnin around on slicks and skinnies

Quick Reply: S197 V6 Twin Turbo Dyno @ 6psi