V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

New dyno numbers with SCT and a Auto V6'...

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Has anyone else posted any dyno numbers or charts? I've finally went to the dyno with a customer this morning with an automatic and we kept having issues with the converter locking or slipping above 5200 rpm's and causing spikes in the curves.

I finally got it kinda stopped with my last couple of runs but in doing so the spike from the factory run makes it look like the HP gains aren't much BUT when you compare the entire dyno run there are gains of 8-12hp and the same in torque across the entire range. I have this sheet for now but when they send me the dyno files I'll be able to compare the runs and different areas to find out exactly how much of a difference it made.

The customer was very pleased with the overall driveability of the vehicle, no more torque retard for shifting or throttle retard under hard acceleration. Also the tranmissions shifts were firm and crisp. The power gains were very noticable.

The run in Red is the Bamachips file and the run in blue is the stock one.

Thanks, Doug904....
Old 6/8/05, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Doug904@June 8, 2005, 12:44 PM
Hey guys,

Has anyone else posted any dyno numbers or charts? I've finally went to the dyno with a customer this morning with an automatic and we kept having issues with the converter locking or slipping above 5200 rpm's and causing spikes in the curves.

I finally got it kinda stopped with my last couple of runs but in doing so the spike from the factory run makes it look like the HP gains aren't much BUT when you compare the entire dyno run there are gains of 8-12hp and the same in torque across the entire range. I have this sheet for now but when they send me the dyno files I'll be able to compare the runs and different areas to find out exactly how much of a difference it made.
The customer was very pleased with the overall driveability of the vehicle, no more torque retard for shifting or throttle retard under hard acceleration. Also the tranmissions shifts were firm and crisp. The power gains were very noticable.

The run in Red is the Bamachips file and the run in blue is the stock one.

Thanks, Doug904....
**Update**

According to SCT every auto does that no matter if it's a V6 or V8. They said to watch the complete curve and then use the dynojet software to see the true gain in power. I'll be sure and post it at RPM values when I get the file.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/8/05, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds great! I can't wait to get mine. BTW, Doug gives a $35 discount to everyone from this forum! :dance:
Old 6/8/05, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Jimp@June 8, 2005, 4:03 PM
Sounds great! I can't wait to get mine. BTW, Doug gives a $35 discount to everyone from this forum! :dance:

Yup, $365 for all TMS members, please note your TMS screen name in your email.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/8/05, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

I just sent my MAC intake over to SCT so they can hook it up to a V6 manual and auto and dyno it. Set this up with Brent over at Brentspeed, should be getting the results in two to three weeks. Brentspeed will get the results then he'll do a tune for me.
Hoping to see some decent gains from the MAC, I've search several forums and was unable to find any numbers using the MAC on a V6.
Old 6/8/05, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Doug, the new xcal2 for only $365? or the original xcal?
Old 6/8/05, 08:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Fazm@June 8, 2005, 8:01 PM
Doug, the new xcal2 for only $365? or the original xcal?

That's the new X-cal 2 for $365 for TMS members, the X-1 I sell for $319 to TMS members.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/8/05, 08:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks, i will most likely be getting in touch with you shortly
Old 6/9/05, 01:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Doug... those are some great prices! Have you done any tunes with any of the cold air intakes on the market yet?
Old 6/9/05, 05:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering, are those number with a 91 octane tune or with a 87 octane tune? I plan on ording an SCT tuner as soon as I have the cash for it and the Steeda CAI. I'm still not sure which one (the Xcal 1 or Xcal 2) though. What type of user would benefit most from the added features of the Xcal 2?
Old 6/9/05, 06:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by hamidlmt@June 9, 2005, 1:53 AM
Doug... those are some great prices! Have you done any tunes with any of the cold air intakes on the market yet?
I've done the tunes with the MMR intake as I have the files on hand. Also since I'm in Bama' I work closely with C&L and have one already on order when they are released. I'll be taking the same car back to the dyno then and gettting some new numbers using it, not to mention developing a transfer function for the new a/f ratio from the CAI. I've seen someone post that they are sending their Mac CAI to SCT so as soon as SCT has that new file I'll also be able to do those too.

I was wondering, are those number with a 91 octane tune or with a 87 octane tune? I plan on ording an SCT tuner as soon as I have the cash for it and the Steeda CAI. I'm still not sure which one (the Xcal 1 or Xcal 2) though. What type of user would benefit most from the added features of the Xcal 2?
Those we're on a 93 octane tune. This this car was bone stock with very few miles as well. I would expect the close to the same driving feel because of the adjustments in the tuning for the drive by wire settings. Also the HP and TQ wouldn't be as high but still it's a noticable gain.

Also, with ANY of my products, if you're not happy with my customer service or programming in general I'll will happily return your FULL purchase price along with the shipping. I don't charge any BS restocking fee's or try and keep your shipping money.

There isn't any true performance difference between the X-1 and the X-2, they both hold the same tuning files. The advantage that the x-2 has is it will retrieve trouble codes, datalogg, and it has a LCD display screen that walks you through the entire reprogramming steps. The X-1 comes with great instructions but not as with the X-2. The code scanner and datalogger will work on ANY Ford vehicle from about 96 and up, not just the one it is programmed for.

Also, a feature not yet added to the X-2 but will be shortly is the user end adjustable features. You can change your tire size and gear ratio in your programming without having to return it to a SCT dealer. Then you can also upload new files to your tuner, for example if you got one now without a CAI and decided to get one in 6 months, all you would have to do is contact me and I could email you a new file.

For My customers I don't charge anything for new programs for minor upgrades such as CAI's or tires and gears. Now if you install a supercharger then I may have to request a small amount but still nothing like buying a new tuner.

The user that would benefit the most from the X-2 features, a guy who has a stock vehicle now but plans on upgrading wheels and tires, maybe a gear swap too. Also one that plans on keeping the car until they are out of warrenty so they could then use the code scanner in case of any CEL's. Autozones scanner WON'T work on the new CAN Ford vehicles.

Just let me know if I can help!

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/9/05, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Post edited and deleted since afixer posted below himself
Old 6/9/05, 01:27 PM
GT Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i got the xcal II yesterday and had it dynoed with a cutome tune. ryan at so cal tuning liked the increase. 24 rw torque and that was after the k&n drop in and gt muffler. so he said it was prob more but since they were already on he couldnt tell. oh btw this is with regular gas
Attached Thumbnails

yellow doorsills, brake calipers & seat inlays
tinted windows,rear mud flaps, Web Elec Seq tailights
GT Take-off muffler steeda sport spring lowering kit
Vanity plate I♥HUNNY
Old 6/9/05, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by afixer@June 9, 2005, 1:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i got the xcal II yesterday and had it dynoed with a cutome tune. ryan at so cal tuning liked the increase. 24 rw torque and that was after the k&n drop in and gt muffler. so he said it was prob more but since they were already on he couldnt tell. oh btw this is with regular gas
Attached Thumbnails

Yup, they had the same issue as I did. The HP spiked at 5400 rpm's. If you'll follow the lines before the spike and compare that right before it you'll get your true HP readings. Nice torque though Must be from the better flowing exhaust along with the intake, what was your a/f?

Thanks, Doug.
Old 6/9/05, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

He also mentioned this was with 86 octane gas in the other forums. I cant wait to see what we can do with some 93 =D
Old 6/9/05, 04:57 PM
GT Member

tomarrow i am going to AFE we are going top prototype a CAI for the v6 the v8 unit is nice
afefilters.com

i will keep you posted
Tom