GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information
View Poll Results: Whose Tune Are You Using?
BamaChips
55.35%
Brenspeed
22.01%
Lido
3.14%
Canned tunes
3.77%
Other
15.72%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Whose Tune Are You Using?

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/07, 07:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I truly dont care for these threads, almost everytime they end up like this. I speak with Brent pretty regular. We chat about new intakes coming out and even about some of the problems we both see and how we've fixed them. I've asked before not to be compared to him as we both have our positives and very very few negatives.

I will say this for both of us, WE'VE GROWN! I dont know if he had planned it to be this big but I know we are both doing exceptionally well with our SCT products. The Diablo line is starting to pickup for me too as I just started the CMR in November. We both have our own dyno's now and our tunes are growing by leaps and bounds daily.

The best thing I can suggest to ANYONE who wants a programmer for their vehicle is to do some research both online and with your friends. See if you have any SCT tuners in your area who have access to a Dyno. Even email a few different tuners about your setup and what you would like and see who's responce you feel the best with. MOST importantly don't let " FREE SHIPPING" and $20 less of a price tag swing your choice.(Rp..) Go with a well known CUSTOM tuning shop and you cant go wrong.

One other thing that I've been getting alot of lately that It may be something to help you guys with. ALOT of people come to me after they buy their tuner elsewhere and say " Well, I got a new X-cal but it doesn't have any tunes, how much are your tunes?" Whomever you get your X-cal from make sure you get atleast two tunes, I mean SCT does have basefiles to start from that are better then stock. Dont buy a cheap X-2 only to find out your have no programs to start from because most every SCT custom tuning dealer's programs start at $75 EACH and go up from there. Add that to the cheap price and most of the time you'll find out you didn't get a deal.

Thanks!! Doug.
Old 1/21/07, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
First off ? I wasn't arguing anything, I clearly stated in my last reponse that I wasn't referring to just one particular post and especially the one in which you assumed there was some sort of hostility involved that brenspeed wasn't favored as much as bamachips on this particular forum in which Tom also clearly stated is not true, otherwise why would I bother wasting my time by stating that most of us on this board have nothing but the deepest amount of respect towards both Doug and Brent ? which was also why I suggested that you read over most of the past threads before posting your comments because if you had done so ? you would have discovered for yourself that no such hostility exsists here towards anybody in fact we strive to be as close to becoming nothing less than being a very close nit family as Mustang enthusiasts to the very best of our ability..Therefore ? if you wish to take this as intentionally wanting to pick a fight towards you ? then you obviously don't know how to take constructive criticism very well, let alone grasping the general consensus
I think your keyboard is broken. All your messages are peppered with "?" for no apparent reason.
Old 1/21/07, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well said Doug!
Old 1/21/07, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Custom dyno tune by S.T.Motorsports. Adam's tunes make awesome power.
Old 1/21/07, 10:28 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
Originally Posted by 65sohc
I think your keyboard is broken. All your messages are peppered with "?" for no apparent reason.
It's not my keyboard, it's me I just have this really bad habit of putting either too many coma's or too many question marks so it would probably be best if I just don't put in any at all until I know for sure were and when they belong and before I started going into these message boards, I pretty much didn't have much use for typing let alone writting much of anything at all until getting a PC some 4 years ago..So through the years I've forgotten most of my punctuation skills which has been almost 25 years since I remember using them last therefore my apologies to anyone who may have a difficult time reading my posts and hope you all realize that it's not intentional...
Old 1/22/07, 08:08 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stay on topic. If you want to rant back and forth go ahead and use the PM feature for that.
Old 1/25/07, 08:47 PM
V6 Member

not really related, but how are the original diablesport tunes? The 87, 91, and 93 tune from Diablosport themselves?
Old 1/25/07, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ken3030
Custom dyno tune by S.T.Motorsports.
+1
Old 1/25/07, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mfo33
not really related, but how are the original diablesport tunes? The 87, 91, and 93 tune from Diablosport themselves?
I originally had that way back in 2005. But, I switched to Doug's X2 tunes, and it was night and day. IMO, if you are N/A, Doug is the man!!
Old 1/26/07, 07:10 AM
GT Member

Custom tunes by Ken Bjonnes at MDmotorsports, I recommend them to anyone.
Old 1/26/07, 07:43 AM
GT Member

hey guys have a newbi ?. i bought on ebay the Steda intake and its coming with the xcal sct programmer with two tunes for 87 adn 93. it came from a05 gt 5spd. i have an 06 gt 5spd. can i just install the tune and go. and is it hard to install a tune. i read the prevoius post where the guy was stating some cars now wont start to a bad tune or feflash??
thanks for you r help
Old 1/26/07, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by another 06gt
hey guys have a newbi ?. i bought on ebay the Steda intake and its coming with the xcal sct programmer with two tunes for 87 adn 93. it came from a05 gt 5spd. i have an 06 gt 5spd. can i just install the tune and go. and is it hard to install a tune. i read the prevoius post where the guy was stating some cars now wont start to a bad tune or feflash??
thanks for you r help
Install intake, plug Xcal2 into OBDII port located under drivers side dash. Select program vehicle, and choose either 87 or 93 octane, depending on what's in the tank. Follow on screen instructions, and start her up!

Should have no problems.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 1/26/07, 05:11 PM

thanks for you r help
Hope this isn't a dumb question but is this a used or new X-CAL II that you purchased on e-bay ?
Old 1/26/07, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you purchased it on ebay I hope the seller unlocked it first.
Old 1/26/07, 06:32 PM

Which is exactly my main reason for asking if he purchased it new or used..?
Old 1/26/07, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think we might have posted at the same time or I misread your post. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.
Old 1/26/07, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I think we might have posted at the same time or I misread your post. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.
No.. not at all, the more the merrier
Old 1/27/07, 12:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

thanks for you r help
Absolutly not,

If this is an X2 then you will have to get new tunes for your 06 as opposed to your 05. The 06's have different calibration codes and your x2 will need to be updated for use with them. If not then either the X2 will say " Invalid Vehicle" or it will upload the tunes and not allow the car to start.

Now, if this is a SF, and from the way you say it only has two tunes on it then I'm thinking its NOT. Then you could upload the tunes and select what year model your car is and what tranny type and it should work. Easy way to tell if its a SF is at the bottom of the unit it will say SF on the sticker below the arrows.

Just give me a call or email if I can help. I sell new tunes for these that I can email you and walk you through the installation of too. If it is an x2 then you will also have to go in and unlock the device using LiveLoad.

Thanks Doug.